FTA-TV Hey Hey It's Saturday Is Back

Remove this Banner Ad

Sarcasm's only usually funny when it actually has some form of relevance. The post is way out of left field with at least the last half a dozen posts.

That is a really, really dumb comment to make. I'm not even into a lot of this music but it's pretty obvious that not all rap is degrading or uses offensive language.

They have a word for this by the way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype

Thanks MWNN but I was serious. I should have said 'some' rap music as i generally don't listen to it much.

Is that better Chief Ten Beers - and you could have pointed out it was a generalization without saying it was dumb. I think everyone would realise that - whoops - another generalisation :D

How about the fact that the USA is the home of rap music which to me is offensive, degrading to women, and uses 'racist' language.

i was on the train in L.A where a group of 3 black guys were throwing around the 'N' about once every 5 words, im sure if a white guy like me went up to them and called them that word they would of suddenly been offended.

Is that better Chief Ten Beers - and you could have pointed out it was a generalization without saying it was dumb.

Sure thing, that is a better way of putting it.

Actually, just last week I found an radio station, via the net, from America that exclusively plays Christian Rap. There's just so many genre's these days it really is hard to generalize music.

Sure thing, that is a better way of putting it.

Actually, just last week I found an radio station, via the net, from America that exclusively plays Christian Rap. There's just so many genre's these days it really is hard to generalize music.

i was on the train in L.A where a group of 3 black guys were throwing around the 'N' about once every 5 words, im sure if a white guy like me went up to them and called them that word they would of suddenly been offended.

That's what I'm talking about! There is so much inconsistency and hypocrisy involved in the way **Some** people discuss racism.

I suppose the big question now is how long will it last?

The reunion shows were okay in a nostalgic sense, but with no Ozzie anymore that is about 18 more weeks of Darryl than I think I could stomach.

Back again for 20 epsiodes in 2010

Ten years ago, Hey Hey was a great show. But now, i'm just a bit meh about the whole concept of it coming back in 2010, especially for 20 shows. Might tune in for the first one at least, and we'll see how we go after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Channel 7 have programmed their new mini series 'The Pacific' to run against Hey Hey from Wednesday April 14 at 8.30pm.

Got to think that is going to hurt this show.

Just heard some crazy whisper there is talk about a variety show on C31 coming that'll be a next gen Hey Hey

Somers to produce, with acts, the old segments, red faces etc on a Sat night

Surely not serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back