Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Got this idea from the General Discussion board. Basically if you have a question or want to post something that isn't worth its own thread post it here.

If it doesn't catch on, well it is exactly the same as me creating a thread about this next question...

Is anyone going to the member VIP day? Also if I go with a non member can they enter but not purchase? any one know?

Got the little notice about it in the letterbox today. It's on Sun, 25th Oct.

The one from the Prelim was a shocker.

Something along the lines of "Tonight the Dogs will be Saints".

At least it was better than St. Kilda's, whose banner was thanking them for a great season. Even they were conceding defeat before the game, but they weren't to know they were to pick up three new recruits during the game.

Oct 7, 2007
Stage Left
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Here's one for you.........does anyone wish our cheer squad could come up with some better messages for the banner? It's a little embarrassing.

Hahaha, couldn't agree more, those messages are terrible. The players must cringe when they read them, maybe they are to blame for our poor starts to games. The pictures are very good though, so kudos to the cheersquad there.

If Poptart is right, and I've no reason to think not, then maybe the club could open up a suggestion email address for the banner message each week. Surely between all the members someone could think of something either witty or inspiring whilst being family friendly.

I wish the cheer squad would make themselves some less embarrassing signs. "Lindsay Gilbee, he's our man", "..... (insert current coach's name) our Mastermind", are two that come to mind. Can anyone remember others?

But anyway, before we start bad mouthing them too much, they do more than we do.

Harry Crumb

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"Our Mastermind"...pure classic!
If and when the bulldogs open a museum of sorts showing memorabilia from the past. That banner should be in there!

NagoyaDog

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray FC
I wish the cheer squad would make themselves some less embarrassing signs. "Lindsay Gilbee, he's our man", "..... (insert current coach's name) our Mastermind", are two that come to mind. Can anyone remember others?

But anyway, before we start bad mouthing them too much, they do more than we do.

I remember the "Hit this Choco" target and the "Shake your head Choco" sign back in the day when Brian Royal was scouting the forward line.

Used to smile when Brian used to shake his head while running back to position after kicking a goal.

May 15, 2006
Werribee
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I remember the "Hit this Choco" target and the "Shake your head Choco" sign back in the day when Brian Royal was scouting the forward line.

Used to smile when Brian used to shake his head while running back to position after kicking a goal.
I remember one year at the players review a number of them did the Music Man skit & from memory it went something like this:

I am the Music Man, I come from down your way & I can play!

What can you play?

I can play the Brian Royal; nervous twitch, nervous twitch, nervous, nervous, nervous twitch.

Then they went onto Danny Del-Re & it was Mr. Squiggle with cones for noses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

always right

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2006
Wheelers Hill
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Wallabies
From what i understand, it has nothing to do with the cheer squad, the message on all banners come from the club itself.

Not sure. I understood that the cheer squad comes up with the message but has to run it past the club first.

The artwork on the banner is first rate....quality of the messages, not so much.

Many moons ago there were two banner messages that stood out for me;
  1. "Please"
  2. "Ring Marge for catering ph XXXXXXX"

The Boy From Brasil

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2007
Noosa, Brasil
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Barry Hall's 5 year old nephew bitten by the family dog. Really hope he is okay,although he has been discharged by the hospital so that is good news at least :) Would be a massive shock for a 5 year old though. What a trauma to have to go through.

A rottweiler turning on a 5 year is scary stuff. Would be a parents worst nightmare.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...rry-halls-nephew/story-e6frewz0-1225786049490

Kelvin31

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
"Adam Cooney, Full of Energy" comes to mind as being the most baflling.:confused:

"Adam Cooney, Full of Energy" comes to mind as being the most baflling.:confused:

Haha, yes, that's the sort of thing I was talking about, real fire-breathing, get-em-going stuff, lol.

Couple of videos on YouTube about our cheer squad, rather old ("Sexy Smithy")!, but a bit of insight into what happens. It's a bit bleak looking back to those horrible days when we couldn't even beat Richmond. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orOc8q9B6y4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-hoov9PJz0&feature=related

May 15, 2006
Werribee
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide Crows have a new logo. Not too sure what it reminds me of to be honest.

crowslogo350.jpg

beaser

Club Legend
Mar 8, 2007
out west
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure. I understood that the cheer squad comes up with the message but has to run it past the club first.

The artwork on the banner is first rate....quality of the messages, not so much.

Many moons ago there were two banner messages that stood out for me;
  1. "Please"
  2. "Ring Marge for catering ph XXXXXXX"
I remember one years ago said PLEASE RETURN YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS PH************

Nath09

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Geelong have just delisted Scott Simpson, who played as a forward alongside Grant and Everitt at the Stingrays. Does anyone know if he's worth a look? Seems strange he would be de-listed after only two years...

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Geelong have just delisted Scott Simpson, who played as a forward alongside Grant and Everitt at the Stingrays. Does anyone know if he's worth a look? Seems strange he would be de-listed after only two years...

Don't know much about him. The Crows desisted Gill too. Can't kick but has a very good pair of hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back