Tame Impala Fan Thread

morton09

All Australian
Sep 12, 2008
morwell
AFL Club
Richmond
this band is absolutely amazing, i have wanted to go see them so many times, but they rarely play underage gigs, so unless i can get tickets to BDO, i probebly wont see them live for three years, for those who dont know who tame impala are if you enjoy psych rock then your in for a treat, i know i took them in the draft game a bit high but i rate them that highly, i just cant wait untill there new album is released... :thumbsu:
tame.jpg

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I saw them at The Living Ends gig in May, but I didn't know any of their songs at the stage, and the vocals weren't loud enough, so I thought they were fairly average:(

But now after giving their EP a proper listen I can't believe I didn't enjoy their gig. I will make sure to see them again at BDO.

Is there any news on a LP?

not a fan. 20 minute solos do not work, they struggle to play their instruments, and are stoned on stage (when live).

I've seen them numerous times and not once has any song gone anywhere near 20 minutes and they most certainly haven't been stoned on stage.

Methinks you should look to your own backyard for stoners...

Fender

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 6, 2006
Goldy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Eels, Newcastle United
Awesome up and coming band. Anybody who bags the aussie music scene is clueless. Some great bands have broken onto the scene in the last 3-4 years, albiet pratically all in the same genre.

Dec 4, 2005
AFL Club
West Coast
I am definately a fan. Saw them at Falls last year before I really knew any songs apart from "Half Full Glass of Wine". Were disapointing, didn't rate the sound a few wanky solos (which I hate). Would like to see them again though.

MelbourneCrow

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea
Saw half their set at V Fest and was well impressed. The singer didn't appear stoned and I spotted him twice watching other bands later in the day and he was definitely able to stand unaided. :rolleyes: Will make a point of catching them at BDO.

doppo

Team Captain
Oct 18, 2002
freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Some of the posts in this thread are hilarious.

That TI's instrumental jams are being referred to as "20 minute solos" and that it's taken for granted they are simply stoned out of their brains clearly shows that some of you have little to no idea about the musical genre to which they belong.

Go listen to CAN, Hawkwind or Neu! and get back to me about "wanky guitar solos".

Promising band, albeit perhaps a touch overrated/over-hyped for what they are at this point.

patsmith

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
92&94&06
That TI's instrumental jams are being referred to as "20 minute solos" and that it's taken for granted they are simply stoned out of their brains clearly shows that some of you have little to no idea about the musical genre to which they belong.

I'm not taking it for granted, I can assure you that they were. There's nothing wrong with it, in fact I too love playing stoned. They play pretty much every gig stoned.

I'm not taking it for granted, I can assure you that they were. There's nothing wrong with it, in fact I too love playing stoned. They play pretty much every gig stoned.

The times I have seen them play in Melbourne (at least six) they most definitely haven't been stoned.

patsmith

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
92&94&06
The times I have seen them play in Melbourne (at least six) they most definitely haven't been stoned.

Have you ever been stoned? You do understand it is pretty easy to not act stoned, especially when you are playing the music they are playing. If you knew them you would know that what you said is completely ridiculous.

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How many songs do they actually have?

I only have the EP, which has six songs. But on last.fm it has a song called Sundown Syndrome, as well as Remember Me. Where are they from?

Have you ever been stoned? You do understand it is pretty easy to not act stoned, especially when you are playing the music they are playing. If you knew them you would know that what you said is completely ridiculous.

I know more than enough about being stoned thank you very much.

I also know plenty about musicians playing stoned/sober/drunk/speeding/pilling/coked/tripping etc given that my work puts me in close proximity of all sorts of musicians regularly.

I've also spoken to all three (and the extra 4th) members extensively in Melbourne before and after they have been on stage. I can assure you they weren't stoned.

Someone made a blanket generalisation that they are obviously stoned on stage. I've seen them play at least six times in Melbourne and they certainly weren't stoned.

They are certainly a band on the up and I'm looking forward to seeing them really hit their straps.

I got an EP of theirs (is there only one?) from Dixons, $4. Love Dixons records. :thumbsu:

Where is this Leading Edge? Only ones I knew have closed.
Yeah the one here in Geelong shut down about two months ago.

I assumed it was that particular store though; has the entire business shut down?

Back