FTA-TV Survivor: Samoa (season 19) *SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh definately worth it I reckon, plenty of new stuff I hadn't seen before: Jaison cracking it at John after the physical ball game challenge; Erik's vendetta against the escaped chicken; more detail on Russell's approach to the game (he actually told Mike his real story i.e. that he's a millionaire) and his alliance with Natalie.

It was also interesting to see more detail on Shambo's relations with Dave and Laura. She was onto the fact that the Galu men were just using her to gain power within the game, Dave was stupid enough to tell her so to her face - played a big role in her turning on them. Laura proved to be pretty much a straight bitch when Shambo broke down crying about her dead sister, poor form from her.

Shambo's conversation with Monica was also enlightening, as she correctly argued that the whole concept of "purple loyalty" (which Monica was desperately clinging to) was proved a fiction after the betrayal of Erik (the turning point in the game). The recap also highlighted a little bit more about Brett's reluctant role in Erik's removal from the game.

Russell is a classic, eh. He has rekindled my interest in Survivor. It seems to me that he tells people too much at times though. Like when he told dave he was a multi millionaire for example.Anyway, ya got love how he keeps diggin up those idols.

Shambo is painful to watch, and completelyclueless. Although in a way it is good if she stays around to shake things up.

The recap was great, it wasn't really a recap it was just a bunch of great casual camp life scenes, some strategy stuff and more Russell awesomeness. Bit of love for Jaison too going ghetto :D

So John lets himself be outbid on an almost guaranteed immunity challenge victory, then proceeds to use his money to buy a clue to an immunity idol that is clearly long gone, as Russell would surely have bid on it if it was there. He then goes and buys a huge chunk of pie, and when given the choice to forgo his pie, in order for the others to have it, he first offers it to them, then elects to keep it himself. Unequivocally the worst performance at an auction ever.

I love Natalie. She has been a great player this season. She would absolutely have eaten that huge slice of apple pie while taking a shower had John been willing to share. That is my kind of girl!:thumbsu:

To top it off, she then went and matched it with the guys on a challenge that tested brute strength, endurance and concentration. If she had had Jaison's advantage she may just have won that challenge. Mick, Russell, John and Brett should be embarassed.

I seem to remember a preview for a future episode where it looked like Russell was attacking her for something. I hope those two stick together and go to the final 2 or 3. I'm now looking forward to seeing whether Foa Foa can placate Shambo, and whether Mick is ballsy enough to follow through, and take on Russell.

I think that is what happened. I think it was Monica who said do on one of the web exclusive videos.

Fairly regulatory episode I thought, certainly not as exciting as previous weeks.

The outcome of next weeks episode depends on Shambo. Honestly, she could do just about anything. I have never seen a player so blatantly vote on emotions alone.

Who are everyones predictions to win? Quite hard to say at this stage

I don't think any former Galu sans Brett are any chance. He seems to have gotten such a quiet edit (like quieter than any contestant in any season I have seen) surely he will come into play soon?

Russell has played a great game, I don't think he will win though, the aggressive game might be off putting.

Mick and Jaison aren't without a shot. But I would be surprised if either of them win. I don't think they are getting the right kind of edit.

My Pick= Natalie. As said above, has played a great game, but hasn't stood out too much. I think she will win easily, especially against Russell.

Although, I think it is a final three this season , no? I don't like that =/

Time for a Jaison immunity challange winning run.

Mind you he hasnt domintated any immunity challanges yet. I put that down to lack of food (Dude has only eaten once at the merge feast)

Time for a Jaison immunity challange winning run.

Mind you he hasnt domintated any immunity challanges yet. I put that down to lack of food (Dude has only eaten once at the merge feast)

Lack of heart is his problem in challenges more than lack of food... the kid lacks mental toughness.

Lack of heart is his problem in challenges more than lack of food... the kid lacks mental toughness.

I think the final 3 will be Brett, Natalie and Shambo (because no one likes her). I can't see Russell lasting much longer tbh he panicked when John guessed that he had the idol, he should have played along and used it to his advantage...

I think the final 3 will be Brett, Natalie and Shambo (because no one likes her). I can't see Russell lasting much longer tbh he panicked when John guessed that he had the idol, he should have played along and used it to his advantage...

The next trailer shows Jaison and Mick catching on to the fact they need to take out Russell before he burns them. If Russell doesn't win immunity and goes into tribal council confident..... Another Blindside?

Jaison
Mick
Monica
Brett
Dave
= 5 for Russell

Russell
Natalie
Shambo
= 3 for Dave (Say Russell goes for Dave to please Shambo, Russell also thinks he still has Jaison and Mick in his pocket)

The Galu chicks are hopeless. Thank god I dont have to see Laura anymore...

Jaison, Russell and Shambo is my final 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next trailer shows Jaison and Mick catching on to the fact they need to take out Russell before he burns them. If Russell doesn't win immunity and goes into tribal council confident..... Another Blindside?

Jaison
Mick
Monica
Brett
Dave
= 5 for Russell

Russell
Natalie
Shambo
= 3 for Dave (Say Russell goes for Dave to please Shambo, Russell also thinks he still has Jaison and Mick in his pocket)

The Galu chicks are hopeless. Thank god I dont have to see Laura anymore...

Jaison, Russell and Shambo is my final 3.

too early for a move like that from mick and jaison, where would that leave them in the game?, they need russell at the moment for the numbers. any of you guys watch the 'life at ponderosa' clips, its got the footage of eliminated jury members at there own campsite. very interesting to see erik's reaction to all the galu members that burnt him as they are arriving, and laura's reactions towards john who cost her her place with his switch on the second vote. there all on youtube if you guys wanna have a look

Yep, I hated Laura and the Ponderosa videos this weeks justify my stance. Shambo was also spot on with the Medusa comparison too :p

I will say after a bit of thought following my previous post that my final three prediction is Natalie, Shambo and Mick. Though if Russell does win it, it will be one of the great all time victories.

When will Brett come into play? I have never seen a contestant get so little Air-time. Maybe he does something catastrophic in the next two weeks, or else I will be mystified. I do think that he will be the last Galu standing sans Shambo because of the laid back strategy.

So when Erik questions Laura about her shitty 5 minute decision after being swayed but Natalie... She gets all pissed off and saids its over and done nothing can help it rah rah

When John comes to Ponderosa Laura attacks him for not leaving his chance on survivor to rocks.

Yeap. She is an old bitch

A lot of stuff got crammed into this episode. I sensed it would be a double elimination when there was no opening credits, and that was confirmed when we had an immunity challenge 5 minutes in.

It was kind of novel seeing Brett getting an interview early on in this episode. How many does that make this season? Is it 3 or 4? Too bad it consisted of generic cliches like "finding chinks in their armor" and so forth.

It's really impressive how Foa Foa have come back from such an enormous deficit at the merge, to leave Galu with only 2 members. It's more impressive than Jalapao's fightback last season, because every Timbira member were falling over themselves to reward JT with the money. Foa Foa didn't have that luxury. Their fightback is mostly due to Russell, but the other 3 played their part at times as well.

Russell certainly got his feathers ruffled at times in this episode, but I never really got the idea that he was going to be voted off. Brett's best efforts consisted of telling Mick that he was too likeable for Russell to take to the end, as if Brett isn't just as likeable, and with an army of BFF's on the jury to boot. That angle was never going to work. Russell is absolutely right to target Brett, he will clean up with the spiteful Galu jury.

Monica tried her best, and the editing seemed to indicate she was making some headway, but she was always destined to go. Credit to her for putting the wind up Russell enough to make him display the immunity idol though, but if he had thought himself under any real threat he would have played it, as he did at the Final 12 and 11.

It seems that the only thing that can make him take his eyes off the prize for a moment is Natalie's lacy underwear.:D

2 episodes to go.

great episode. I was a bit surprised Jaison, Natalie and Mick didnt take the opportunity to vote out Russell. Russell will definitely want to take Shambo to the final 2 since no-one likes her and she has no credibility whatsoever for being strategic. He will also most likely want to take Mick to the final 3, and put forth the arguement that he rode Russells coat tails throughout the whole series.

And thats how it will go IMO. Russell, Shambo and Mick will be the final 3.

Credit to her for putting the wind up Russell enough to make him display the immunity idol though

Really that was just a great move by Russell. As they all know he had it anyway and by him pulling it out it puts in the mind of those potentially blindsiding him that he will play it. So they stick with the safe vote.

I agree that Shambo is almost certain to make the final. Everyone will want to be against her for jury votes.

Wrong thread Gaso... this thread is for those watching it direct from the US.

There is a separate thread for those watching on Nein (ie this one contains spoilers if you are).

Russell certainly got his feathers ruffled at times in this episode, but I never really got the idea that he was going to be voted off.
great strategist that he is, he still makes emotional decisions from time to time. he can't help bragging sometimes.

If you are going to be a good social strategist, you have to be a lot more sneaky about it. Like Jt and his partner were in the Tocatins.

Having said that I still hope he wins.

Monica tried her best, and the editing seemed to indicate she was making some headway, but she was always destined to go. Credit to her for putting the wind up Russell enough to make him display the immunity idol though, but if he had thought himself under any real threat he would have played it, as he did at the Final 12 and 11.
Yeah, I hadn't liked Monica till that episode but i thought the way she played that day was excellent. Now sorry she has left.

Really that was just a great move by Russell. As they all know he had it anyway and by him pulling it out it puts in the mind of those potentially blindsiding him that he will play it. So they stick with the safe vote.

Perhaps, but he wasn't any chance to get voted off, otherwise he would have played it. He has already shown twice that he is not afraid to play the idol. I feel that he was just being cocky, and I think the jury would have thought the same. The jury is full of ex-Galu members, who like all juries will probably be feeling a touch aggrieved at being ousted. If they feel he is rubbing their face in it, they will not vote for him, especially the women. Think back to the first All-Stars season, I don't think anyone seriously believed that Amber outplayed Rob, the jury just found her less objectionable.

Finally caught up with the thread. What a season so far. Early stages were pretty rudimentary and predictable, but Russell has easily made this one of the best seasons of survivors ever. Win or Lose, I still reckon he’s one of the greatest survivor players to have ever played the game. JT from tocancins was a fantastic all around player, but Russell has managed so far to pull off that uber aggressive manipulative master strategy that almost nobody has done on that same level before. People have *wanted* to play like Russell previously, but none have ever pulled it off to the level Russ has. Not to mention finding 3 idols, 2 without ANY clues!

My tip is Natalie, with Russell being taken out before the final 3.

I’d be absolutely stoked if Russ could pull the win though. If he can do it, he’ll be heads and shoulders the greatest player ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back