South Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

tassie_footy

Rookie
Oct 24, 2009
Launceston
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I reckon South are the real deal. They have been training hard and rumour is that the club had 65 blokes on the track wednesday night. They have signed a lot of Ntfa players from just about all the 8 clubs, including Dan Newton George town and Daniel Breadmore originally from Scottsdale. I reckon the doggies can finish in the top four and then who knows what can happen from there, given clarence came from 3rd to win the flag this season..

Anyone agree with this, or has anyone heard much about other state wide league clubs.. Heard Devonport have picked up a few quality players and look to be up there next year. Launceston have lost a few key players, so it will be interesting to see what happens there..

I think they will struggle to be a top four side, but will improve next year.

Hopefully they have got a few bigger/taller players among the 65 training. Last year they looked sorely short of key position types.

I think they will struggle to be a top four side, but will improve next year.

Hopefully they have got a few bigger/taller players among the 65 training. Last year they looked sorely short of key position types.

Very good, even competition last year. Got off to a wonderful start. However, I feel the gap between the good teams and the weaker ones will broaden in 2010. Hope I'm wrong... Good to see them get better

It'll be good to see South off the bottom of the ladder in '10 hopefully, 13 seasons of State League football and no finals appearances needs to change pretty soon you'd think :)
As to what the others doing, I've heard Glenorchy have lost a fair few, Burnie have lost heaps, Hobart have had fluctuating numbers at training (as do a lot of clubs at this time of year), but are reasonably confident of an improved season and a spot in the top four or five.
Heard that one player walked into Hobart and wanted a starting fee of $25k, was looked at and shown the door, seriously, what do they think this is? 1989? :p
Not one player in the state worth that currently!
You'd expect Clarence to be strong again, probably even better than this season, as with Devonport.
North Hobart apparently look to have recuited well with some handy pickups I've heard around the traps.
Launceston? Not sure. Did well to make the six with a pretty battered squad however it could go either way.
North Launceston - not a shadow of what they once were.
Lauderdale - got themselves a good coach but whether the players will respond is another story.

It'll be good to see South off the bottom of the ladder in '10 hopefully, 13 seasons of State League football and no finals appearances needs to change pretty soon you'd think :)
As to what the others doing, I've heard Glenorchy have lost a fair few, Burnie have lost heaps, Hobart have had fluctuating numbers at training (as do a lot of clubs at this time of year), but are reasonably confident of an improved season and a spot in the top four or five.
Heard that one player walked into Hobart and wanted a starting fee of $25k, was looked at and shown the door, seriously, what do they think this is? 1989? :p
Not one player in the state worth that currently!
You'd expect Clarence to be strong again, probably even better than this season, as with Devonport.
North Hobart apparently look to have recuited well with some handy pickups I've heard around the traps.
Launceston? Not sure. Did well to make the six with a pretty battered squad however it could go either way.
North Launceston - not a shadow of what they once were.
Lauderdale - got themselves a good coach but whether the players will respond is another story.

Not a bad synopsis there, Kingpin. Gee that's rude walking in and asking for that fee.... can't believe that!

Hear that Derbashire is running the Metz in Launceston and is putting his business first atm. Fair enough by him - can't argue with that. Devonport will be interesting this season. Nth Hobart should be better. My gut feeling is that the southern teams will be stronger this year, with Burnie weaker and the others, with the exception of Devonport, staying about the same.

Any thoughts on this - it's still bloody early though!!!!????

I hope South go well too, they're a good club and a good bunch of guys. It's pretty normal for them and Launceston to have huge numbers at this time of the year though because the under 16s etc train with them until they start their own training.

It's good to see some of the guys they've recruited, but it will take more than NTFA players to get them into the top four.

Jade child has sighed with the Northern bombers. Must make them a contender now.

I have heard South are training well and Daniel Breadmore is killing it on the track. set 4 a massive year

Mark max Pearce to Join South as an AC to Dale Chugg.

any more gossip on next season

who is Daiel Breadmore? Tried it at north and failed my source tells me. South not doing that well when there best player speaks to north and Launceston (HILLS) If the money was there he would be long gone.

who is Daiel Breadmore? Tried it at north and failed my source tells me. South not doing that well when there best player speaks to north and Launceston (HILLS) If the money was there he would be long gone.
Hmmmm, I think if Mitch was serious about leaving then any club would find the money for him.

Daniel Breadmore is a talented young player and it's good to see him putting his head down and working hard. Getting him to settle has been the hardest thing so far so lets hope he's on the right track now.

I doubt Hills will leave the doggies, he's too much of a presence and a leader to leave...

South are looking good, training harder all the time....few names that are setting up for big seasons,
Mitch Hills, Aaron Viney, Daniel Breadmore, Heath Fox, Patrick Lawrence, Jay Blackberry, Nicky Holland, Lochy Dornauf and Marjak Mair

South are coming..

Wonder if South have applied for a clearance for Lochy Dornauf as he would be in Launcestons zone, or Deloraine for that matter.

Dornauf lives at Deloraine? If so then that is Sth Launnie Zone....so just a matter of filling in the paper work and Deloraine letting him play at South, which surely they would! Goes ok the kid I have heard

Dornauf lives at Deloraine? If so then that is Sth Launnie Zone....so just a matter of filling in the paper work and Deloraine letting him play at South, which surely they would! Goes ok the kid I have heard
No, going by the official AFL Tas documentation it is Launcestons zone

Launceston

Western side of the West Tamar River from Beauty Point to the intersection of West
Tamar Road & Bathurst Street. Western side of Bathurst Street & Wellington Street
through to Westbury Road. Northern & Western side of Westbury Road through to
the Bass Highway. All Municipalities on the Northern side of the Bass Highway up to
the boundary of the Kentish council.

South is
South Launceston

Eastern side of Bathurst Street & Wellington Street through to Westbury Road.
Southern & Eastern side of Westbury Road through to the Bass Highway. Southern
side of Howick Street through to High Street, Southern side of David Street through
to Elphin Road. Southern side of Hoblers Bridge Road & Western side of St Leonards
Road through to the intersection of St Leonards Road & Abel Hills Road. Southern
side of Abels Hills Road within the municipality of the Northern Midlands & up to the
Southern town boundary of St Marys and Southern Boundary of Ross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, going by the official AFL Tas documentation it is Launcestons zone

Launceston

Western side of the West Tamar River from Beauty Point to the intersection of West
Tamar Road & Bathurst Street. Western side of Bathurst Street & Wellington Street
through to Westbury Road. Northern & Western side of Westbury Road through to
the Bass Highway. All Municipalities on the Northern side of the Bass Highway up to
the boundary of the Kentish council.

South is
South Launceston

Eastern side of Bathurst Street & Wellington Street through to Westbury Road.
Southern & Eastern side of Westbury Road through to the Bass Highway. Southern
side of Howick Street through to High Street, Southern side of David Street through
to Elphin Road. Southern side of Hoblers Bridge Road & Western side of St Leonards
Road through to the intersection of St Leonards Road & Abel Hills Road. Southern
side of Abels Hills Road within the municipality of the Northern Midlands & up to the
Southern town boundary of St Marys and Southern Boundary of Ross.

Roorat, I too have seen these definitions, BUT I still believe that South Launceston's zone includes Deloraine, as it is on the "Southern - Left HS" side of the Bass Highway, Launceston has the Northern side, effectively the Right HS of the Bass Highway.
From what I have heard South have been keen to sign plenty of talented young players from the Deloraine area; including Jake Huett, Lochie Dornauf, Hardmans, and Nick Barrett.

I may be wrong but I I believe South has the Deloraine township. I have also heard that the Launceston FC may be a bit upset, as they believe their development Zone doesn't include enough towns and therefore players!

Roorat, I too have seen these definitions, BUT I still believe that South Launceston's zone includes Deloraine, as it is on the "Southern - Left HS" side of the Bass Highway, Launceston has the Northern side, effectively the Right HS of the Bass Highway.
From what I have heard South have been keen to sign plenty of talented young players from the Deloraine area; including Jake Huett, Lochie Dornauf, Hardmans, and Nick Barrett.

I may be wrong but I I believe South has the Deloraine township. I have also heard that the Launceston FC may be a bit upset, as they believe their development Zone doesn't include enough towns and therefore players!
Some South reps were overheard at the game between St Pats and Hutchins discussing the above players, with the exception of Lochie and they were keen to get them. Love the term "development" zone, I think they think it means 'they develop the talent and we take them', when it should be South assisting in the development of the players which we haven't seen at a club or school level in the town this year. BTW Hillsy was proudly wearing his South shirt in the last week of school, so I can't see him moving anywhere.(unless a good payout was offered)

Daniel Breadmore on his day is one of the best players going around there.
he has just got to settle and all by all reports he is. The reason why he didnt last of North was his work comminments at Barnbougle Dunes at the time he played there stopped him. better get your facts right mate.

South are going to be very fit and will be well drilled. Dont have many superstars but if they play as a team and with chuggy in charge they will make an impact this year

Some South reps were overheard at the game between St Pats and Hutchins discussing the above players, with the exception of Lochie and they were keen to get them. Love the term "development" zone, I think they think it means 'they develop the talent and we take them', when it should be South assisting in the development of the players which we haven't seen at a club or school level in the town this year. BTW Hillsy was proudly wearing his South shirt in the last week of school, so I can't see him moving anywhere.(unless a good payout was offered)

Agree with you Roorat, South and other clubs for that matter haven't really grasped the concept 'development' zone....I know South have appointed Braden McGee (former AFLTAS development) for that exact purpose, to assist school and clubs in the zone.
All going well, South should end up with a quality bunch of U/18's - alot may play seniors though!, and I think I read somewhere that Matt McGee is coaching them....SPC teacher / coach I think??

Hills was never really going to leave South, I believe the reasons he spoke to North were because he still had some issues of payments from South pending from season 09, and hence put the s..t up them a bit. I don't think he actually spoke officially to Launceston FC.
Every club would be silly not to pursue a top level ruckman, which Hills is, but he has signed with the Bulldogs and all reports are he will also have an onfield leadership and coaching role.

As for Daniel Breadmore, has hardly missed a pre season session at the Bulldogs, he can play and with Dale Chugg as his mentor should have an improved season.

Bready's biggest problem is he's as thick as two short planks. He can get talked into anything and usually is. Could end up playing for Bridport by March and somewhere in NSW by May.......

Bready's biggest problem is he's as thick as two short planks. He can get talked into anything and usually is. Could end up playing for Bridport by March and somewhere in NSW by May.......

Bit Harsh of the young fella arnt it mate. I no his old man very well and he is very keen to play at the club where hos old man did...

One of the smartest player on the footy field watched alot of his games at scottsdale and didnt seem to dumb to me mate

Don't know how old you are Mossies, or how long you have watched Scottsdale, you may have seen me run around as well! Having said that i've known Daniel since he was crawling, and a lot of my mates who played with him at Scottsdale rate him as one of the best young talents the've seen, as well as pobably the dullest.

Don't know how old you are Mossies, or how long you have watched Scottsdale, you may have seen me run around as well! Having said that i've known Daniel since he was crawling, and a lot of my mates who played with him at Scottsdale rate him as one of the best young talents the've seen, as well as pobably the dullest.

there is a bit of tension in the air.. I am a bookmaker I will take all bets on TSL,, especially the fact that Daniel Breadmore will kick a minimum of 30 goals from the forward flank in this standard of footy, the lad plays well around good players as shown in NTFA rep games. He just needs to swith on a bit more and stop drinking goon.

there is a bit of tension in the air.. I am a bookmaker I will take all bets on TSL,, especially the fact that Daniel Breadmore will kick a minimum of 30 goals from the forward flank in this standard of footy, the lad plays well around good players as shown in NTFA rep games. He just needs to swith on a bit more and stop drinking goon.

well seems like iam very well liked in this page. well just letting everyone know loving being up at south and looking forward to a good year. pre-season training was good part from achilles playing up. south we will be well drilled under chuggy. looking forward to kicking a few goals but iam gunna up that target to 4o goals. and i dont no who tells you i drink goon you gook

Tassie footy, you don't also enjoy advertisng as well as bookmaking do you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back