CM Punk

Remove this Banner Ad

Punk has been my favourite WWE Superstar by a long margin since he debuted as a face on ECW back in 2006. That being said, he's definitely much more interesting and engaging as a heel though. I like how he seamlessly worked a couple of Straight Edge band references (Have Heart, Minor Threat) into his promo on last week's episode of SmackDown! too :thumbsu:

I wonder who the character he'll pull out of the crowd this week will be. Another debuting wrestler to add to his flock?

His run as a face was horrid. My friends didn't know of CM Punk before he was in WWE. (Admittedly, not a huge ROH fan just had been linked to a few promos etc he had done) I was screaming for a heel turn, and for him to run with his 'straight edge means I'm better than you' stuff. His heel work is so much better then his face work, it's not even funny. :D

Love the bloke :)

He still had me convinced as a face.

Not sure if the straight edge promos are getting a bit over the top though. We get the picture that Punk is straight edge and is better than us. Maybe doesn't require quite so many promos telling us something we already knew.

Wouldn't mind seeing Gallows get a bit more in ring action as well!

His run as a face was horrid. My friends didn't know of CM Punk before he was in WWE. (Admittedly, not a huge ROH fan just had been linked to a few promos etc he had done) I was screaming for a heel turn, and for him to run with his 'straight edge means I'm better than you' stuff. His heel work is so much better then his face work, it's not even funny. :D

Yes:thumbsu:

i hope either Jericho or Punk win the Rumble, but with Cena not in the title picture i wouldnt be surprised if he won :(

Cena was planned to be in the title match against Sheamus at the Rumble but that was changed to Orton on the weekend, some people are saying it's because Cena has a few back issues with bulging disks etc, so he may have to take some time off, but knowing him he will probably try and wait until after Mania if he can, also Cena won it a few years ago, i reckon they will give someone else a shot this year.

Not sure if the straight edge promos are getting a bit over the top though. We get the picture that Punk is straight edge and is better than us. Maybe doesn't require quite so many promos telling us something we already knew.

Agreed at first i liked it now though im finding it a bit repetitive and boring at times got to make them shorter. But other than that i love his heel character and the concept of it. One of the best heel characters in a long time bar Randy of course.

CM Punk is supposed to be annoying though. His whole character is to be that annoying SE guy that wont shut up about it and tries to push SE into everyone elses lives.

edit: And for proof of how over Punk is as a heel, watch the battle royal on ECW this week. Ezekial Jackson, of all people, got the biggest pop of the match when he eliminated Punk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they were ever intended to be actual members of his Straight Edge Society. They were just random citizens. Serena actually jumped from the crowd and wanted to be saved so it's at least a little bit less random and insulting than if she was picked at random and happened to be a wrestler.

CM Punk should convert a relatively established wrestler (hopefully a face) to complete the stable. Perhaps someone from ECW? Maybe someone not getting a great run atm like Bourne or Swagger?

I don't think they were ever intended to be actual members of his Straight Edge Society. They were just random citizens. Serena actually jumped from the crowd and wanted to be saved so it's at least a little bit less random and insulting than if she was picked at random and happened to be a wrestler.

CM Punk should convert a relatively established wrestler (hopefully a face) to complete the stable. Perhaps someone from ECW? Maybe someone not getting a great run atm like Bourne or Swagger?

There is talk of Swagger going to Smackdown in the draft. I wouldn't mind him teaming up with Punk. :thumbsu:

There is talk of Swagger going to Smackdown in the draft. I wouldn't mind him teaming up with Punk. :thumbsu:

I agree with the conversion of an established wrestled however not so sure Swagger fits the mould. He already is pretty clean cut and the like.

Joey Mercury has been rumoured to be a chance to come back to WWE and join the Punk stable but one that I think fits well is Gregory Helms. His Hurricane gimmick is stale and his real life incident with Punk would make a perfect fit. Perhaps you could have Gallowes and Helms/Mercury going for the tag titles, Punk as a singles competitor and Serena obviously with the divas.

What about Slammaster J (is he still with the WWE?). I'm not sure how good he actually is and whether WWE would rate him highly enough but he and Festus weren't that bad a tag team. Why not bring them back together? Give him his real name (Terry or Ray Gordy) and play up his lineage.

Again, Soo Bloody good, Ild have him over Jericho (I know a heel V Heel thing will never work, but the Epic promo's)

Feel free to place your hand on your television screens and let CM Punk flow though you:thumbsu::thumbsu:

God damn i love him.

Same.

Just have loved him since his WWE heel turn. I don't think I have enjoyed a character in pro-wrestling as much as I do him now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back