Society/Culture Former swim star Daniel Kowalski is the latest elite athlete to reveal he is gay.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what has never made sense, these people say it's not a big deal yet are eager to announce to the world about it (Ricky Martin, Kawalski etc) have parades, etc.

Maybe have a little think about reasons why gay people with a high profile might publicise it when they come out. Just give it a tiny bit of thought (if you're capable of it) and it may start to make sense. I'll give you a nudge in the right direction by directing you to the part where DK said he was inspired to be honest with himself and come out by the gay rugby dude.

Hahahahahahaha:D:D:p:D

Dumbarse Quote of the Year so far!:thumbsu:

umm phobia is a fear. I don't fear gays. Just because a person don't like something or someone doesn't mean they have a phobia to that. So if i said i don't like spagetti does that mean i have spagettiphobia, am i a spagettiphobe ??? think about it dummy or invest in a dictionary and look up the word homophobic.

Maybe have a little think about reasons why gay people with a high profile might publicise it when they come out. Just give it a tiny bit of thought (if you're capable of it) and it may start to make sense. I'll give you a nudge in the right direction by directing you to the part where DK said he was inspired to be honest with himself and come out by the gay rugby dude.

Here's some honest advice mate.

Find a hard, unforgiving surface. Preferably a solid concrete wall..

Now smash your head into it multiple times and ask it if it gives in.

Then ask it if it's name is KC07 or Rambo.

umm phobia is a fear. I don't fear gays. Just because a person don't like something or someone doesn't mean they have a phobia to that. So if i said i don't like spagetti does that mean i have spagettiphobia, am i a spagettiphobe ??? think about it dummy or invest in a dictionary and look up the word homophobic.

Is that right?

Are you really sure about that?

Because...

If the gay was a gun player and was carving my team up i would sledge him to put him off his game. I would try to avoid contact tho as the risk of getting hiv if he bleeds would be high . Not saying that every gay has hiv but they associate with people that are hiv+. I wouldnt want to take the chance of getting his blood on me. Imagine what would go through your mind having a gay mans blood contacting your blood and the wait you have until you find out if you contracted hiv. Its a real concern and even if the guy didnt have HIV, it would take up to 12 months to find out. Not something i would like to go through.

Looks very, very phobic to me rambo:thumbsu:

think about it dummy or invest in a dictionary and look up the word homophobic.

from oxford...

homophobia

noun an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexuals.
[SIZE=-1]— DERIVATIVES[/SIZE] homophobe [SIZE=-1]noun[/SIZE] homophobic [SIZE=-1]adjective[/SIZE].

Is that right?

Are you really sure about that?

Because...

Looks very, very phobic to me rambo:thumbsu:

Wouldn't that be more of a phobia because of HIV. That would make me hivphobic. Bit like you GG your becoming MMphobic.

Here's some honest advice mate.

Find a hard, unforgiving surface. Preferably a solid concrete wall..

Now smash your head into it multiple times and ask it if it gives in.

Then ask it if it's name is KC07 or Rambo.

Advice followed. Result= Had a spiritual awakening. The wall spoke to me and revealed the earth is 6000 years old and evolution is a crock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about all the straight former sportstars in the media start writing columns about how good life was as a straight man during their career.

Seriously, either being gay is just another part of life or you are extra special because you are different from 95% of the population. Either way, I don't need to know and I don't want to know. Just live your life and be happy and write about swimming.

Advice followed. Result= Had a spiritual awakening. The wall spoke to me and revealed the earth is 6000 years old and evolution is a crock.

As expected.
Hopefully the wall didn't bleed on you, or you may have caught a nasty disease.
It's called extremeaphobia and it is very, very nasty.

Apparently it affects the common sense neurones first.

A phobia can be a fear. It is not necessarily a fear. Just like "-philia" does not necessarily denote a love for something. I dare say somebody with haemophilia does not love blood, quite the opposite in fact. Both suffixes have flexible meanings which can refer to a number of things.

Wouldn't that be more of a phobia because of HIV. That would make me hivphobic. Bit like you GG your becoming MMphobic.
I can live with the fact that some people are homosexual.
I can cope with others who are homophobic.
I can understand and accept that there are racists.

I just find it REALLY difficult to handle someone who ticks all of the above and then also pretends that they are knowledgeable - only to prove that they are too dumb to notice that they aren't!

I can live with the fact that some people are homosexual.
I can cope with others who are homophobic.
I can understand and accept that there are racists.

I just find it REALLY difficult to handle someone who ticks all of the above and then also pretends that they are knowledgeable - only to prove that they are too dumb to notice that they aren't!

You really must consider that WA is several hours behind the east, and some of us are having our coffee and cornflakes.
You now owe me a new monitor.
Invoice is in the mail.:D:thumbsu:

And what's that got to do with the rest of Australia?

High profile people love the media, they are media whores despite their protestations that they just want to be left alone.

They will publicise it so that they get their face in the media again and maybe a nice cheque from some shitty magazine who pays them for their story or a job on some garbage tv show.

now listen here peoples i would like to finally come out and say .........I'M STRAIGHT............. dam no reaction. looks like people have to be gay to get a reaction these days.

Although you seem a tad preoccupied with the topic of homosexuality I'm of the belief that "homophobia" (dislike of homosexuality not hatred of homosexuals) is an innate heterosexual trait. Despite the obvious protestations of the PC police who rule this board with an iron fist and label anyone who fails to see the "beauty: of homosexual expression as an idiotic bigot bogan etc...

I still remember when I was 5/6 years old and first hearing about homosexuality/same sex attraction from other kids in the school yard. My immediate reaction was that of utter disgust and repulsion. I thought they were taking the piss and making it up to gross me out. :D

Of course I honestly don't believe that makes a "homophobe" (FWIW seeing my parents getting it on would be equally vomit-inducing) because I have no compulsion to seek out gays and verbally/physically abuse them. But in this “enlightened” progressive day and age if you merely disagree with anything that’s part of the gay agenda and not prepared to admit the sun shines out of their collective arses, that automatically makes you a repressed homosexual homophobe. *sigh* Whatever. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back