Not open for further replies.

centre square

Rookie
Feb 5, 2009
In the paddock!
AFL Club
GWS
Re: Murray Football League (Part 5)

Can someone fill me in on what is going on up at Toc. I Have been away for a few months and just caught up with all the news. Well maybe not all the news... What has happened up there? How can a side go form giving out 20 goal beltings to getting 20+ goal beltings?? Are they really that bad? And I see that there res got a 34 goal lesson on sat. 3rds & 4ths not far behind. Are they broke or whats the go? White would have to be wondering what the hell is going on? I bet his not hanging around for nothing$$ For a club to only kick 6.4 for the weekend is neally in Wunghnu staus. I looked in last fridays paper and toc only had about 7 or 8 in it that played in last years flag???

Good to see Cobram and Numurkah Traveling well, And is Barooga in the same vote as Toc?? See they have only won a few games and there normally power house reserves and battling as well.
Can someone bring me up to speed.

gorillaman

Senior List
Oct 12, 2007
around the traps

can any one on here tell me why ben sieghner from deni rams was pushed straight into the side with only 1 training session under his belt? think the rams may have f***** his career good and proper? heard he done his knee aswell any truth to that? huge blow rushing him back in i hear, not only doing a knee but who was pushed out of the side for him to step in? i know of a couple that are fairly upset about it..

down the middle

Debutant
Nov 21, 2007
yarrawonga
AFL Club
Richmond

Blues coach Brett Armstrong is confident his side can knock off the unbeaten Tigers, particularly with the match being played at Tongala.
``They have obviously had four wins straight,'' he said.
``But I think we will do quite well against them.
``They have got a few stars, but it goes down a bit after that.''

I think he may have underestimated the Tigers!!

velvet sledge

Debutant
Sep 13, 2008
office
AFL Club
Essendon

can any one on here tell me why ben sieghner from deni rams was pushed straight into the side with only 1 training session under his belt? think the rams may have f***** his career good and proper? heard he done his knee aswell any truth to that? huge blow rushing him back in i hear, not only doing a knee but who was pushed out of the side for him to step in? i know of a couple that are fairly upset about it..

hello gorillaman.
Those of us that know benny, understand he is a unique type of player with natural fitness and endurance. A knee can go at any time to even the fittest of players. i'm more interested to know who played well the week before and has justification for being upset at playing 2's.

footymack

Debutant
Jan 5, 2010
Wangaratta
AFL Club
St Kilda

Blues coach Brett Armstrong is confident his side can knock off the unbeaten Tigers, particularly with the match being played at Tongala.
``They have obviously had four wins straight,'' he said.
``But I think we will do quite well against them.
``They have got a few stars, but it goes down a bit after that.''

I think he may have underestimated the Tigers!!

I think that they have quite a few more than just a few stars. Another 100 point flogging, I think that he should just worry about his side trying to beat the bottom 4 teams let alone the top 4.

news teller

Rookie
Jan 5, 2010
AFL Club
GWS

Can someone fill me in on what is going on up at Toc. I Have been away for a few months and just caught up with all the news. Well maybe not all the news... What has happened up there? How can a side go form giving out 20 goal beltings to getting 20+ goal beltings?? Are they really that bad? And I see that there res got a 34 goal lesson on sat. 3rds & 4ths not far behind. Are they broke or whats the go? White would have to be wondering what the hell is going on? I bet his not hanging around for nothing$$ For a club to only kick 6.4 for the weekend is neally in Wunghnu staus. I looked in last fridays paper and toc only had about 7 or 8 in it that played in last years flag???

Good to see Cobram and Numurkah Traveling well, And is Barooga in the same vote as Toc?? See they have only won a few games and there normally power house reserves and battling as well.
Can someone bring me up to speed.

you could say the president has upset a fair few people around the club.. also that is wat normally happens when you spend big money, they take it and leave. toc should worry about keeping their younger players and developing them for the next few years.
they have not won a club game yet, and struggle to fill in some sides.
next year will be even more interesting when warrnet, white, hairy and others leave.. could fold

Mitsch

Debutant
Jan 27, 2010
Deni
AFL Club
Sydney

Lets hope that Ben s knee isn't season ending as i think he may be the missing link Deni needs. One player they will miss in the short term is Simon Maher he has developed into a top senior player in the last few years and would surely have claims to one of the toughest ever to put the blue and gold on!!

snake43

Debutant
Sep 28, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

hey boys just wanna know how nick jackson from echuca has been going? see he kicks few here and there? is he one of the standouts in the comp?

HussDog

Rookie
Mar 6, 2008
NSW
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cricket

you could say the president has upset a fair few people around the club.. also that is wat normally happens when you spend big money, they take it and leave. toc should worry about keeping their younger players and developing them for the next few years.
they have not won a club game yet, and struggle to fill in some sides.
next year will be even more interesting when warrnet, white, hairy and others leave.. could fold
Mate you wann get ya facts right before saying s**t!!!! to start off with i dont no were ya from but there were other clubs spending way more money than us last year,, and people have gone else where due to workk, not taking the money and pissing off!! and you must not no what the clubs like cause the juniors and res have struggled for years to win games and even score! i think ya wanna pull ya head in before saying s**t like that!!!

news teller

Rookie
Jan 5, 2010
AFL Club
GWS

Mate you wann get ya facts right before saying s**t!!!! to start off with i dont no were ya from but there were other clubs spending way more money than us last year,, and people have gone else where due to workk, not taking the money and pissing off!! and you must not no what the clubs like cause the juniors and res have struggled for years to win games and even score! i think ya wanna pull ya head in before saying s**t like that!!!

looks like i have hit the nail on the head.. bit touchy

Purplesaint29

Senior List
May 19, 2008
29 Scott Avenue
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Nightcliff Tigers

Well it looks like my career at my beloved home club of Nathalia is over before I even got to play a single senior game. After my registration was knocked back by the Murray League at the start of the year and an appeal costing $750. The decision stands that I'm not allowed to play in the MFL, so I'm looking for a new club(not in the MFL) so I can continue to play the game I love.

news teller

Rookie
Jan 5, 2010
AFL Club
GWS

Well it looks like my career at my beloved home club of Nathalia is over before I even got to play a single senior game. After my registration was knocked back by the Murray League at the start of the year and an appeal costing $750. The decision stands that I'm not allowed to play in the MFL, so I'm looking for a new club(not in the MFL) so I can continue to play the game I love.

you just wonder why hicks... i think the murray league made the correct decision..

Purplesaint29

Senior List
May 19, 2008
29 Scott Avenue
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Nightcliff Tigers

is that you hicks why have you been knocked back...

Prob something to do with my history. You'd have to ask the independent tribunal that upheld the league's decision the exact reason/s. I've had no direct correspondence with anyone other than the club.

Purplesaint29

Senior List
May 19, 2008
29 Scott Avenue
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Nightcliff Tigers

I know what club you're from.

The one that went all out to get me for whacking Robb the previous year, and when I wouldn't retaliate for the whole game big old captain speartackle came in and belted my little brother in the back of the head a long way behind play.
Then when I run over and bump him away from my brother he throws a nice big left into the side of my head that costs him the league medal. I then grab Ali and tell him to hit me again this time so the young umpire can see (as he'd finally decided to come over).
Then, and wait it gets better, the goal umpire (Captain Courageous' old man) runs 80 metres onto the ground and jumps on top of me and starts yelling abuse at me. Then has the balls to make up the story that I kicked him and gets two kids that say two different stories to the one that he put forward.

Would that be the club? The one where the coach pointed at me pre match when I was having shots at goal in my warm up at the opposite end of the ground? Is that the club?
The one where the poor bloke that got his jaw broken said on the school bus to one of his and my mates that I better watch myself because you're club was going to get me that day.

Yeah I think I may know where you're coming. I'm the kid that missed two years of football for turning around and throwing ONE left handed punch to the kid that hand been belted me in the back of the head and mouthing off to me all day, even after I'd thrown him on his arse twice and told him to stop his s**t and just play football.

Yeah that was me, I'm the kid that hasn't been able to play seniors with my two little brothers.

Purplesaint29

Senior List
May 19, 2008
29 Scott Avenue
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Nightcliff Tigers

All the best to the club in question above, a fine proud club going in the right direction on the field this year. As a saints supporter, I admire the bloke in charge, excellent player, i'm sure my old man played against him few times and may have played a few rep games with him, unsure at the moment.

And all the best to the bloke I punched in 2005, when I was just a kid. I'm deeply remorseful and regret that action every time I think about it, which is quuite often. I've followed his career since, and am happy to see him establish himself as very handy senior player recognised by the Rookie of the Year award and a B&F.

blues fan

Debutant
Aug 18, 2009
Tatura
AFL Club
Carlton

$750 sounds like a VCFL Appeals Committee that upheld the decision not an independent tribunal

Purplesaint29

Senior List
May 19, 2008
29 Scott Avenue
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Nightcliff Tigers

$750 sounds like a VCFL Appeals Committee that upheld the decision not an independent tribunal

Correct. I was told the league then appointed an independent tribunal to make a decision. I could be wrong though, I have been left in the dark a bit. Just want to play footy, it's now been over two months since my last game at the tigers.

blues fan

Debutant
Aug 18, 2009
Tatura
AFL Club
Carlton

Correct. I was told the league then appointed an independent tribunal to make a decision. I could be wrong though, I have been left in the dark a bit. Just want to play footy, it's now been over two months since my last game at the tigers.

Think the VCFL would have the final word over any decision made at league level including tribunal.

Goorooswami

Rookie
Jun 15, 2006
Upper Cumbuckue West
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Purplesaint??

The league and VCFL have a duty of care when it comes to looking after players. From what I believe you have served 30+ weeks suspension and that was before you reached senior football. Maybee you and the league know alot more of the finer details of why they will not re register you. I would hate to be your team mates who would be continualy trying to get you out of the sh*t if past history is anything to go by.

diggerwilson

Debutant
Jan 14, 2009
Ardmona
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

So, Whats the TIPS for the weekend guys?????
Echuca United vs Finley
Mulwala vs Barooga
Congupna vs Tongala
Cobram vs Moama Tigers won by 17 I think ....;-)
Numurkah vs Rumbalara

:footy::thumbsu: Go Tigers :)

big hawk

Senior List
Dec 23, 2007
Barooga
AFL Club
Sydney

Great game of footy over at Mul yesterday. Very even contest which went right down to the wire. Hawks got themselves into a very good position during the 2nd (with missed shot on goal right on half time siren) and start of the third until it all unravelled (once again):confused:. Couldn't fault anyone on the park about not having a ready hot go!!! Barring one dust up in the first, it was played in a great spirit :thumbsu:and was just a great spectacle that could have gone either way but to the Lions' credit, they managed to scrape over the line. Bloods this week, who fresh off a bye, will be determined to open their account and our blokes definitely can't afford to drop. Should be a good one!! Looks like the Tiges are the real deal too after their win against the Mowers. Still very open and looks as if it is coming to 5 stand-outs being:
Cobram, Moama, Numurkah, Mulwala and Deni. Sixth spot is up for grabs but the rest of us need to get a hurry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back