Round 10 Rising Star

In alphabetical order,

Jordan Gysberts - 26 disposals 8 marks 3 tackles 4 clearances. Kept finding it over and over again. However, they don't usually give it to first gamers
Dustin Martin - 21 disposals 2 tackles 11 clearances 2 I50s 1 assist. Didn't see this one.
Ben Nason - 11 disposals 7 tackles 3 Goals 2 I50s 2 assists.
Tom Rockliff - 30 disposals 8 marks 6 I50s 2 assists. I loved his game, he's my pick.
Gary Rohan - 12 disposals 3 marks 2 tackles 3 contested marks. Not big numbers but his attack and tackling was fantastic. 2nd half was quiet though.

Anyone else?

anti_

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
really hard one to pick this round.

martin was a clearance machine for richmond in a hard fought game.

gysberts was great against the best team in the comp.

i only saw bits of the brisbane game, so i cant comment on rockliff.

Martin should get it, it's long overdue. gysberts will probably get it next week if he continues to do the same.

really hard one to pick this round.

martin was a clearance machine for richmond in a hard fought game.

gysberts was great against the best team in the comp.

i only saw bits of the brisbane game, so i cant comment on rockliff.

Martin should get it, it's long overdue. gysberts will probably get it next week if he continues to do the same.
Good point about Martin, I added his clearances stat to the OP. 11 clearances! That's amazing. Port only had 36 in total.

PumpyChowdown

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
SUNS Maple Leafs Titans Liverpool
Gysberts will come close. Bit of a shooting star. Could be a bit premature though after just one game. Carried a big load for the Demons. Really showed some balls against the premier team. I don't want to be too hard on the kid. Will be stiff if he doesn't win it. If he doesn't win it this round hopefully he can get it up in a later round.

Yero

Team Captain
Oct 27, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Rockliff, Gysberts stiff but it was his first game.

coasting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardies
I don't think they have given it to a player from a losing team all year so Gysberts is no chance. In any event Dustin Martin is way ahead of him and he shouldn't be penalized because on the week that Richmond win he played in the slop.

I do feel they will use the opportunity to give it to Martin as lets be frank, Richmond suck and will be unlikely to win another game this season. Give it to Martin now. Melbourne will have plenty more wins this year.

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I think it is funny that people are saying Gysberts had the best game. If they were watching Gysberts they wouldn't have seen Martins game. Thus they would have saw Gysberts getting 26 touches and Martin only got 21.

I didn't see Gysberts game because I was watching the Tigers but Martin will probably pull Brownlow votes for this game, can the same be said for Gysberts against Geelong in a 50 pt loss? I doubt it...

Martin has been dominating all year and deserves it...Rockliff is his opposition IMO.

So unless Demons supporters IQ'd the game against Port and watched it they can't really say Gyberts had the best game of the round because the looked at a stat sheet.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Morabito!! :p

Nah - Martin deserves it, based both on this week and previous weeks efforts.

Carlton06

Senior List
Aug 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando magic
garlett was the best player for carlton today "by a country mile" according to ratten. dont think he will get it though cause possessions seemed to be more rewarded. ill say martin this week

Back