What does this all mean for the Libs?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Storm, Pompey
If the libs were to win the next election it would be in spite of Abbott not because of him. All moot now, they won't win.

What a joke of a statement.

It has only been since Abbott became leader that the Coalition have even looked like having a chance at the next election.

sandeano

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Space
willard2.png

coasting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardies
The Libs just won the election. Australia will not tolerate a female Prime Minister, especially since the older generation are still the largest voting block. Its really that simple. Rudd had his problems but at least he was a chance. Well done to them on out-flanking labor.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
The Libs just won the election. Australia will not tolerate a female Prime Minister, especially since the older generation are still the largest voting block. Its really that simple. Rudd had his problems but at least he was a chance. Well done to them on out-flanking labor.
<----- Mate, the 50s are that way.
The oldies will love Gillard.

Tony was rhodes scholar
So? I've got a mate who teaches at Oxford, having done post-grad economics there. He's bright, very bright, but I know smarter people teaching primary school, performing life-saving surgery or writing poetry.

Sloth

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2005
Greenie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood

LOL I'm sure they'd much prefer this guy...

[YOUTUBE]x7aj8B5sM2o[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on.

Make no mistake about it - it was no coincidence that the ABC ran an Australian Story propaganda piece on Gillard earlier this week. They are a quasi faction of the left wing of the Labor Party.

It is an absolute joke.

I dont even like Rudd, but the ABC was effectively doing Gillard's bidding for her.

Doesn't the board of the ABC have two of the most far right wing political commentators and Authors in Australia on it's board?

Although I do understand that quality journalism is poison to the Liberal party which totally relies on tricking the stupid, ignorant, bigoted and cruel into voting against their own interests through the use of endless repetition of simple propaganda messages.

If anything the ABC has a right wing bias

Just watch insiders or listen to counterpoint

Wonaeamirri33

Lovable Whore With A Heart Of Gold
10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year Chocolate Artist Ruby
May 10, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
FITZROY, Aylesbury United, St Pauli
The point is that Abbott is un-electable. He'll never be PM

Precisely. Even with virtually all the nation's major media outlets, practically without exception, doing damn near everything they could to slant things in his favour at every possible opportunity, Abbott STILL could not establish a lead over the ALP, even when Rudd was at his weakest point.

I'll be absolutely stunned if he even gets close to winning the election.

Wonaeamirri33

Lovable Whore With A Heart Of Gold
10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year Chocolate Artist Ruby
May 10, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
FITZROY, Aylesbury United, St Pauli
Doesn't the board of the ABC have two of the most far right wing political commentators and Authors in Australia on it's board?

Although I do understand that quality journalism is poison to the Liberal party which totally relies on tricking the stupid, ignorant, bigoted and cruel into voting against their own interests through the use of endless repetition of simple propaganda messages.

If anything the ABC has a right wing bias

YES, it does. But these folks don't actually seem to watch the station whose news coverage they're seeking to assess of course, or monitor developments pertaining to it in any meaningful way.... :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back