Not open for further replies.

KaLL

Club Legend
Suspended
Oct 17, 2007
Geraldton
AFL Club
West Coast
This name wont mean much to anyone here at the moment, but in three years, i hope it does.

He's a 15 year old indigenous teen who lives and plays football in my town, Geraldton (home of the GNFL, which has given birth to Paddy Ryder and Josh Kennedy previously).

He played in my brothers U/16s football team last year, i watched him kick 14 goals from the midfield in an amazing display.

Bit of a Pavlich type (dont quote me on that, just what some people who watch him a bit more than me have said), forward who can swing through midfield and defence and dominate equally.

This weekend he made his league debut; kicked 6 goals against a fully grown defender.

Bookmark this thread because i think he's going to be a very good player. WC should look to hide him from the Vics and rookie list him :thumbsu:

Well, ladies and gentlemen - it appears we are getting to that time of the year again where lots of rumours beging to appear and people's opinions on 2013 and beyond come to the fore.

With that in mind, as well as wanting to keep our focus on the 2012 season (we are still just a game off top spot after all...) it's time for the annual megathread.

Please don't start a new thread on delistings, drafting or trading unless we have some actual rock-solid news. They will get shut and repeat offendersmay just get holidays, depending on how bad a mood Swannies, Fivey and myself are (HINT - don't start delist threads afer a loss).

Post away....

The following is a list of possible moves. Not all these will happen. Delistees are not listed in any particular order. I believe we will use at least 4 draft picks because we have a 3rd round compensation pick that expires this year.

Possible Delistees
Lewis Stevenson
Andrew Strijk
Gerrick Weedon
Blayne Wilson
Bradd Dalziell
Ryan Neates
Anton Hamp (r)

Possible Retirees
Andrew Embley
Mark Nicoski

Possible Free Agent Losses
Quinten Lynch

Possible Tradebait
Tom Swift
Koby Stevens
Mitch Brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no chance we draft Kyle Hams. And I don't see how Papertalk would be in the gun before Stevenson, who has been on the list 5 years and can't crack a game. Surely he will be moved on.

Possible Delists - Strijk, Stevenson, Neates, Hamp

Possible Trades - Stevens, Brown

I can't see anyone retiring this year, unless they are having major set backs in their recovery from injury. Nico & Embers should be fresh..

There were people on this board saying the Eagles weren't happy with Wilson's conditioning and that he would be under the pump to keep his place. He has been injured so we'll see what happens.

Embers can obviously still play but has had two consecutive recos. Another setback would just about be curtains for him.

I posted in the other thread about SD and the fact that Will Shea cant get a senior game after some great reserves games . I think the WCE are hiding him , we hid Papertalk . Shea is 19 and is a heap better then Papertalk .

Aaron Jetta , looks like Lewis but taller is just 18 playing SD reserves also .

Thats my contribution anyway for Rookies .

We are not hiding Will Shea. That's just silly. He was completely overlooked last year.

Aaron Jetta would be more believable but his form lately has been very average.

I remember people saying it but I sure didnt see it. Looked fit and strong in NAB Cup and I doubt he has regressed throughout the year. Well apart from that ankle injury.

Possible Delists
Weedon - may get another go because he is a project player
Neates - too small, but looks a likely type.
Strijk - elite ball user, not fit enough, shame because he looked good in 2010
Stevenson - elite ball user, medium winger/flanker (would try to trade or relist him with a lower pick)

Would be gutted if we let stevenson go, must be something he is not doing for the MC not to select him. I would hate to lose 2 elite kicks off the list because we still have a lot of butchers/poor decision makers.

R
Hamp - struggling to crack a league game
Papertalk - can't crack a league game
Mascoulis - injury prone
Tunbridge - playing ressies at perth

Possible Trades
Stevens - if he wants to go let him, hopefully screw some other club over
Brown - need him but seeing how he was on "The Club" the family wants him home and he looked happy being with his twin.

I think we can only have 4 rookies next year so at least 2 will go. Dick will stay, mcgovern has also shown the goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back