Celebrity North supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you reckon many people know that Ricky Ponting is a North fan? Which other big name celebrities barrack for North?

From http://footy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_celebrity_supporters_of_AFL_clubs#North_Melbourne_Football_Club

Some a bit dodgy i'd say. Compare the dedication of Tim Rogers v the passing interest of Mark Webber

North Melbourne Football Club

Think Tassie premier David Bartlett is a supporter -either that, or he really rates the team (predicting a premiership in '09, and a 5th placing for this year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry! Didn't realise...was just thinking about it before...we can dump this thread if you like :cool:

Nah, it doesn't hurt to update the list with any newly discovered celeb supporters, or new celebs who've always supported us. Personally I'm not happy with JW Tsonga's lack of attendance this year. Lift mate LIFT!

Think Tassie premier David Bartlett is a supporter -either that, or he really rates the team (predicting a premiership in '09, and a 5th placing for this year).

Definately a North Supporter mate, is quite free with letting everyone know it too. Quite good with his tipping re: us as well. Always seems to pick the upsets.

Nah, it doesn't hurt to update the list with any newly discovered celeb supporters, or new celebs who've always supported us. Personally I'm not happy with JW Tsonga's lack of attendance this year. Lift mate LIFT!

I reckon you should sticky this thread TT. When I finally get Ms. Portman to buy a membership it'll be a very sticky thread indeed.

Aside: Hi Mrs. Plonk.

The postcard bandit, Brendan Abbott, used to rob banks and use the funds to buy memberships.

Elle Mac Get her straight into a bikini and in pictures and TV adds with the players !!! She is getting on but ain't we all, she is still smoking hot tee shirts coffee cups ......... All Labled Roooooooootable:cool:

Sorry to disappoint but Elle is not a North fan.

I emailed her last year.

True story - see below (read from bottom up)

Sent: Wednesday, 26 November 2008 7:46 AM
To: Heath O'Loughlin
Subject: Re: North Melbourne AFL

Sweet of you
Thank you but I am over committed
Appreciate the offer
Have a great christmas
E
---
ELLE MACPHERSON
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 07:41:00 +1100
Subject: RE: North Melbourne AFL
Elle,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. One last thing…

In light of the fact you don’t have an Australian Rules Football Club and given the fact that we proudly play under the National emblem of the Kangaroo, do you think there’d be any chance of becoming a supporter of sorts?

All we’d be after is a photo opportunity with you when you come home provided there is time in your schedule. I understand how busy you are and completely understand if this is out of the question.

Heath.

HEATH O’LOUGHLIN | MEDIA & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
PO Box 158 North Melbourne VIC 3051 | Level B2, North West Hub, Telstra Dome, Docklands
For further information about the club, please see:
www.kangaroos.com.au
Sent: Tuesday, 25 November 2008 8:11 PM
To: Heath O'Loughlin
Subject: Re: North Melbourne AFL

Dear heath
Thank you for your inquiry...... Alas I'm not particularly a roo fan.
I don't really follow rugby union either ( or league anymore for that matter) many thanks for the kind offer though
Wishing you well
Elle
---
ELLE MACPHERSON

Think before you print.
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:07:59 +1100
CC: Heath O'Loughlin<heath.oloughlin@kangaroos.com.au>
Subject: North Melbourne AFL

Hi Elle,
I hope you are well.

I am the media/communications manager for the North Melbourne Football Club and have heard through many different sources that you MIGHT in fact be a Kangaroos supporter.

Upon hearing this I was quite excited but of course need to find out whether it’s true…Hence my email!

If you are, we would like to open up the doors to the club and embrace you as a fan.

I understand also that you may be in Australia over the Christmas period and would love the opportunity to talk to you or your management further if possible.

My details are below, thanks so much for your time.

Warm regards,

Heath.

Also - Li Cunxin (the man who wrote the best seller Mao's Last Dancer) is a North member and amazing bloke. He spoke to the boys earlier in the year and has become a very valuable supporter.

I thought i heard the name Heath's full name somewhere but wasnt so sure. But now i know he was from National NINE NEWS.

Heath O loch.
National Nine News.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back