May 5, 2005
Riverina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
I would take him

Rocket might be a good coach, but I think he is not a great strategist

William's if he agreed to a short term role ...might be good for us (Western Bulldog's) in an area that many of us supporter/members might already suspect is going PEARSHAPED

always right

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2006
Wheelers Hill
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Wallabies
I would take him

William's if he agreed to a short term role ...might be good for us (Western Bulldog's) in an area that many of us supporter/members might already suspect is going PEARSHAPED

I don't necessarily disagree but I'm not sure that strategy is William's strong suit is it?

acker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2005
Riverina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
I don't necessarily disagree but I'm not sure that strategy is William's strong suit is it?

I think if you put him on to strategy or rotation and that might let Eade concentrate on other matters

William's a Premiership coach is available beyond Saturday..even on a short term ..if I was us/David Smorgan..I would not miss him

always right

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2006
Wheelers Hill
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Wallabies
I think if you put him on to strategy or rotation and that might let Eade concentrate on other matters

William's a Premiership coach is available beyond Saturday..even on a short term ..if I was us/David Smorgan..I would not miss him

Wonder if Alan Joyce is available.

Bulldog Joe

Premiership Player
May 23, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
just give him the top job and stop all this pissing around while we have a decent list.

Oh Dear!!!

Choco has been a fail and has progressively weakened his list.

His premiership was based on the original list that Port started with in 1997.

His last 3 years have been abysmal after fluking a grand final appearance in 07 with a very poor side.

Choco should not coach again.

Aug 28, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh Dear!!!

Choco has been a fail and has progressively weakened his list.

His premiership was based on the original list that Port started with in 1997.

His last 3 years have been abysmal after fluking a grand final appearance in 07 with a very poor side.

Choco should not coach again.

Oh yeah, of course it was just a fluke :rolleyes:

acker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2005
Riverina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Wasn't Laidley brought in by Port to be their strategy advisor?

If so it doesn't say much about Choco's ability in this area

Considering we have Barry Hall now and are going down

I think as we are we have problem's

I remember the big long periods before 1985 -1992 - 1997 - 2007

The Boy From Brasil

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2007
Noosa, Brasil
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Port have massively underperformed for more than a year now. Their efforts in games last year and this year have been bordering on disgraceful. I would not take Williams as coach. I don't think it is relevant that he coached a premiership 6 years ago. Times change, and what may have worked 6 years ago might not work now.

I think that Eade is a great coach while we aim for a premiership. When we go into rebuild phase then we can reassess it and look for the best development and teaching coach that there is(Maybe that is Eade).

Everyone looks solely at the coach to get a clubs onfield success but he is just one part of many. There is recruiting, fitness, assistant coaches, and most of all best practice systems ensuring a top performance week in/week out. Geelong and St Kilda have that and that is what we should aspire to rather than taking a sacked coach and expecting him to take us to a premiership, like Richmond expected Wallace to deliver them one.

Spectre

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2008
Clayton Meth Labs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would take him

Wait...didn't you say in another thread that Rocket is coaching 'like an amateur', that he has 'lost the plot'? And here, he suddenly 'might be a good coach'? Kind of trying to sit on two chairs with one backside there, mate. And as PigDog said, Port brought in Laidley specifically to make up for this deficiency in Choco. The same deficiency you now want to pay good money for? Nice work, acker, keep up the humour, we could all use a good laugh! :D

nate drake

Cancelled
Mar 10, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Williams is a semi-literate nuff who has crippled Port on the field in the last few years. He needs a spell (perhaps permanently) - I'd rather poach Laidley.

staphy

Cancelled
Western Bulldogs - Honeychurch/Austin/Prudden Player Sponsor 2014 Western Bulldogs - Christian Howard/Mark Austin 2012 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2008
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would take him

Yep i agree he has lost 7 games in a row, lets grab him:thumbsu:

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
How much money do you think the club has, you clown?

Yeah, let's get Williams, lets get Parkin, we'll even drag Wallace back to the club.

The fact is it's not Eade that's the problem - it's the players. They're the ones that choked last week and against the Saints and they're the ones who couldn't handle the heat against the Pies twice this year.

Until they pull their fingers out we'll continue to be in this rut.

Back