AFL Game Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading this thread for a very long time, and as another poster said, would absolutely love to be a tester, even if it meant paying for it. Own all the AFL games and afl 99 is the 3nd greatest game of all time, (1st is shane warne cricket 99 and 2rd is super smash brothers

IMO i think that the top 5 posters in this thread should go because they contribute more to this thread and watch it more than anyone else. The top 5 at this point is: HodgeSlamminSamBox(24), Ant_(21), Myself(21), HBK619(20) and Kerrby(15). Just an opinion though

I keep coming back to this thread because I notice the updates, only to find out you're all trying to one-up each other on who should be a tester. Wake me up when there's news about the actual game, guys. ;) :p

IMO i think that the top 5 posters in this thread should go because they contribute more to this thread and watch it more than anyone else. The top 5 at this point is: HodgeSlamminSamBox(24), Ant_(21), Myself(21), HBK619(20) and Kerrby(15). Just an opinion though
I'm suprised I have the most :D But I can't travel to test a game sorry :( :thumbsdown: Very good idea though

A couple of answers on questions we keep getting:

Q. Why did NRL get released before AFL when AFL was announced so long ago?
A. We began NRL way before AFL, we could not announce NRL because there were existing games in the market and our publisher did not want to impact their sales.

Q. Why is there no further news on AFL.
A. Because we don't control the announcements, our publisher does.

Q. How do I become a tester (QA) on AFL?
A. In Sydney, apply to HES. In Melbourne apply to Big Ant Studios via the website. Big Ant Studios currently have all of the testers we need at this time.

Q. How do I get to see the game with Ant from Big Footy?
A. The offer to Ant and Big Footy to come in to Big Ant Studios and see a "sneak peek", preview of the game came about because he wrote me an email and I thought the time was right. Ant and the Big Footy guys will no doubt sort out who will come along - I need to leave that to them and their judgement. I haven't sorted numbers yet and dates, but would think it sounds like August and probably a group of four, but this is subject to confirmation from Ant and our publisher. At the time the guys come in I will be doing my best to release some screen shots and further details.

If BigAnt release footy guernseys and a footy to kick for my Live Avatar will be the first time I'll spend points on it. :)

(Came close to buying a lightsaber though)

Ross : Mid August is a good time for me as I'll be down 15-17th.

Gahhhhhhh, I just want some info on this game. AFL sales will be better than NRL IMO because more people will like AFL 2010
Not necessarily, Rugby League is an international sport so the game would be sold internationally as well, and should sell well in various places in Europe and in New Zealand.

Not necessarily, Rugby League is an international sport so the game would be sold internationally as well, and should sell well in various places in Europe and in New Zealand.

Tooshay. Forgot about that. Will Rugby League Live include salary cap rorts and then the cops coming. Will there be a Brian Waldron mode as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While i agree, I hardly consider League an international sport. New Zealand, France and Britian all favour Union and its not hugely popular anywhere else.

While i agree, I hardly consider League an international sport. New Zealand, France and Britian all favour Union and its not hugely popular anywhere else.

If it has got its own world cup, it's an international sport.:D:D:thumbsu:

Speaking of union, I believe a game is coming out next year.

Right, but AFL will only sell in Australia. Like, there's not even a chance it'd be worth distributing elsewhere.

The good thisn with the PS3 version will be that the international aussie rules fans will be able to import it as there's no region locking. I'd expect a few thousand around the place and if they show their friends etc.

Second hand copies will find their way to EB type stores in trade ins and the people picking them up from the bargain bin might just become new fans.

The good thisn with the PS3 version will be that the international aussie rules fans will be able to import it as there's no region locking. I'd expect a few thousand around the place and if they show their friends etc.

Second hand copies will find their way to EB type stores in trade ins and the people picking them up from the bargain bin might just become new fans.

Not all xbox games are region locked, up to the publisher.

I hate asking a n00bie question. But where do you find that stuff?

Realisitically though there is VERY little international market. Would be lucky to hit 1000 sales overseas really.

It'd be interesting to see what sort of sales HES are expecting for this title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back