360 XBOX 360 News(Articles, Accessories, and everything else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
XBOX 360 News (Articles, Accessories and everything else)

Old thread's last page here:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526309&page=67

So the new 360 shuts itself down hey?

Also,

Got Trials HD for 53% off last week. Have some great games on special, like Trials and Shadow Complex

I've been waiting ages for it to driop in price

Wait has been worth it, the game is great

Noppo

All Australian
Aug 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Olympiacos
Kinect Adds Five Years to 360
It’s alive! Microsoft is banking on Kinect to not only revolutionize our gameplay, but to also elongate the lifespan of the Xbox 360 itself. Paired with the new Xbox 360 model, Microsoft’s European executive Chris Lewis expects Kinect to keep the console’s heart monitor beeping for another five years.

“What you’ve seen is with this new sleek design and Kinect for Xbox 360 we’ve got at least another five years of this generation where we continue to offer great experiences for people,” Lewis told GamesIndustry.biz. “We continue to attach more games than competitive platforms and we have the healthiest ecosystem with 25 million people connected through Xbox Live. So we are uniquely placed to continue to do really, really well in this business and enjoy ongoing momentum.”

Elapsed time between the release of the Xbox and the Xbox 360 was roughly four years, so the current generation is already outliving its ancestor. But with Sony’s prediction of a 10-year lifespan for the PS3 (which was released in 2006), the 360 would still be dying prematurely if it wasn’t plugged into the correct hardware this year.
http://www.gametrailers.com/news/kinect-adds-five-years-to/2237

Good to know I guess. Won't be hearing any talk about new consoles in a while, so hopefully they'll all be focused on giving us great games :).

Noppo

All Australian
Aug 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Olympiacos
Xbox Live Family Plan Announced
In a press release last week, Microsoft announced that they would be taking another step forward towards being a family-friendly console. The announcement detailed the new Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, which will provide an eager family with four Xbox LIVE Gold Memberships for the price of two ($99.99).

Also included with the Family Pack are some new capabilities, which include:

– The primary account member has the ability to purchase and dispense Microsoft Points to other Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack members.
– Activity monitoring reports viewable on Xbox.com to help encourage discussions about safer more balanced gaming and entertainment habits.
– Simplified billing that applies all purchase charges to the primary account holder’s billing account and the ability to authorize purchases, helping to manage the family’s entertainment budget.
– Exclusive family content and discounts.

Additionally, Microsoft detailed in a recent interview with Kotaku, that you will be able to get a prorated discount on the Family Pack if you have an existing Gold account with time remaining on your membership.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/22/99-xbox-live-gold-family-plan-available-this-november/

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-leaked-images-show-updated-xbox-360-dashboard-178946.phtml

Rumor: Leaked images show updated Xbox 360 dashboard

Project Natal gets an official name in Kinect, the Xbox 360 gets a re-branding refresh. What's next, an updated look for the Xbox 360 dashboard?

If images leaked by the French site Logic Sunrise are legit, we'll be seeing some minor tweaks when with a dashboard refresh than may make an appearance when Kinect ships later this year. The images show what a streamlined dashboard that doesn't look that different than what we have now, save for a new color scheme, harder edges, and a better use of space.

The images also show a "Natal Setup" screen, which indicates that the images may be dated; it's possible that these may be early concept designs for a dashboard that could see even more changes.

At E3 this year, we did see a similar dashboard look during some demos, both on the floor and behind-closed-doors. Personally, I like the new look and color scheme. It has a tighter, cleaner feel.
178946-dash3606.jpg

Looks like the 3D style is gone and it's starting to look a bit XMB-ish. Still a rumour though.

Kinect Officially priced as well as bundles and that the Kinect (first party) titles will be cheaper than regular titles.

US details right now anyway (AU pricing details to come in a few days). But it seems that the pricing is going to be exactly what was predicted. Buying it in a bundle with the console will be $50US cheaper than on it's own (with a 4GB Arcade-like console).

Source: http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1106913p1.html
KINECT PRICING
First up, the price. Kinect will have a suggested retail price of $149.99 (£129.99/€149.99 in Europe), as many online retailers have recently guessed. The news is that Kinect will be bundled with a free game, Kinect Adventures. All first-party Kinect games will have a suggested retail price of $49.99 (£39.99 in the UK) and Microsoft expects that to be the standard, though it is leaving third-party pricing up to those publishers.

For those new to Xbox 360, Microsoft will have a special Kinect console bundle available at the November 4 launch of the sensor. For $299 (or £249.99/€299.99 in Europe), the bundle will include an Xbox 360 console, the Kinect sensor and Kinect Adventures. The Xbox 360 will be the previously confirmed $199 redesigned Xbox 360, not the 250 GB model that has spurred sales in the past month.

AU UPDATE: Microsoft Australia has told IGN that AU pricing and release details are going to be announced in the coming days. Check back soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noppo

All Australian
Aug 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Olympiacos
I'd get it just for the navigation features alone, but not for that much. Probably only costs them US$50 to make, so I'll wait for a price drop.

Although, Christmas is coming around....:p.

I'd get it just for the navigation features alone, but not for that much. Probably only costs them US$50 to make, so I'll wait for a price drop.

Although, Christmas is coming around....:p.
If you're watching plenty of movies and stuff yeah. But is there really a use for the navigation stuff when you're going to be picking a controller up the second after you've started up a non-Kinect game? It's cool, but hardly worth that ridiculous price (which will be $200 here).

AU Pricing for Kinect, in line with what was expected. Kinect bundle with 4GB console will cost the same as the 250GB console on it's own.

Source: http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1107690p1.html
The Kinect sensor will retail for AU$199.00 and will come with the Kinect Adventures game disc.

Plus, a new console bundle is heading to participating retailers for AU$449.00. It comes with an Xbox 360 4GB console, Kinect sensor and Kinect Adventures game.

4GB must be the new Arcade?
Yeah it is (it's an internal flash memory). Retails for $199US. Was announced a week or so ago.

Is it Slim too?
Yep same design, although I believe it has a matte finish so you can tell the difference between the proper 250GB and this Arcade 4GB model.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it me or is Microsoft losing touch with it's core market, in a bid to try and cash in on the success of the Nintendo Wii?

I can't beleive that they think that people are going to shell out $200.00 for an accessory that is designed to appeal to the casual gamer, when you can just go and buy a Wii for near on $200.00

Unless MS can successfully integrate this technology into a lot more hardcore games, then I see Kinect being a monumental flop.

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is it me or is Microsoft losing touch with it's core market, in a bid to try and cash in on the success of the Nintendo Wii?

I can't beleive that they think that people are going to shell out $200.00 for an accessory that is designed to appeal to the casual gamer, when you can just go and buy a Wii for near on $200.00

Unless MS can successfully integrate this technology into a lot more hardcore games, then I see Kinect being a monumental flop.

I don't think they're losing touch with their core market - in fact I can't understand "hardcore" gamers getting in such a flap about Kinect.

It's certainly something I'm not interested in, and wont be buying unless for me (I may buy it for my kids). But this doesn't mark the end of Call of Duty, Gears of War, Mass Effect etc. being bought out on the console.

MS are concentrating on 2 markets now, not duck shoving their core market in favour of trying to grab a slice of the casual gamer pie.

They can do both

VicO

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
People will pay $200 for a genuinely good product. This, however, does not seem to be a genuinely good product.

I don't think they're losing touch with their core market - in fact I can't understand "hardcore" gamers getting in such a flap about Kinect.

It's certainly something I'm not interested in, and wont be buying unless for me (I may buy it for my kids). But this doesn't mark the end of Call of Duty, Gears of War, Mass Effect etc. being bought out on the console.

MS are concentrating on 2 markets now, not duck shoving their core market in favour of trying to grab a slice of the casual gamer pie.

They can do both

Agree with this, and same token would only get this for my Daughters not interested myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back