Next Generation CHB:Hurley, Astbury, Grima.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agetigers

All Australian
Jun 11, 2008
SE
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
From what iv Seen this year these 3 young CHB will be formidable backman in years to come. Weve seen in both Hurley and Astbury there abillity's to play at both ends of the grounds and have devistating effects. While Grima has been a Rock at CHB for North this year and is really emerging as a player.

Very Exciting times for Tiges,North and Dons fans with these three Future stars ready to explode in the competition in coming years. :)

198583.jpg

1974697799.jpg

131009_Grima_IA.jpg

Get Ready for them to Blow your mind in 2011.:thumbsu:

Agetigers

All Australian
Jun 11, 2008
SE
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Grima is 25, hardly next generation.

Thread needs more Bower, Reid and Davis.

Didnt know that was considered old?? or Next Generation.

The Next generation is not only refering to the youth but also their rebound ability.

Agetigers

All Australian
Jun 11, 2008
SE
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Don't what Hurely has done this season to be jumping up and down about AgeTigers?

Done enough to suggest hell be a Fantastic CHB in my eyes. Just watch the North game last night.

Banked.

Team Captain
Jan 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Done enough to suggest hell be a Fantastic CHB in my eyes. Just watch the North game last night.

Fair enough, didn't see the game last night. I do question whether his hype so far has been too great relative to his season thus far, but maybe I'm off the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, didn't see the game last night. I do question whether his hype so far has been too great relative to his season thus far, but maybe I'm off the mark.
Had a slow start to the season no doubt. Combination of injury and having something else on his mind.

Agetigers

All Australian
Jun 11, 2008
SE
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham

Dont think your off the mark has been a little poor. But is just starting to show signs of the kinda player he could be.

Team Mo'

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2007
Top 4
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man. City, Chicago Bulls
You know Defenders who arnt just good stoppers but also good attacking the other way. These three do it very well.

Yes buts that hardly "Next Gen." Bock has been doing it for years. Harry Taylor is currently the best in the business and is only young.

Plus there are full backs doing the same thing and the lines between full and centre half back have really been fuzzed. Lake, Scarlett and FLetcher have made a living being these type of "next gen" players.

Shameless plug for Astbury too. There are plenty more ahead of him.

Agetigers

All Australian
Jun 11, 2008
SE
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Yes buts that hardly "Next Gen." Bock has been doing it for years. Harry Taylor is currently the best in the business and is only young.

Plus there are full backs doing the same thing and the lines between full and centre half back have really been fuzzed. Lake, Scarlett and FLetcher have made a living being these type of "next gen" players.

Shameless plug for Astbury too. There are plenty more ahead of him.

Why are peope calling it a Astbury thread. There is cleary two other players iv mentioned:thumbsdown:. and iv not once mentioned Astbury's name in the thread bar the OP.

Heads out of the sand people this is just my opinion. You can make your own.

Agetigers

All Australian
Jun 11, 2008
SE
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Have to agree. Hasn't done badly for a first year player, but only a stock standard tall IMO. Post showed more potential last year.

HAHA Post showed more did he??????:thumbsdown:

Took a nice mark and thats about it. Asbury has been consistant this year in the Backline, dont think your giving him the credit tbh mate.

Invigoration

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 19, 2005
Balls deep
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jordy Russell's kickouts
You know Defenders who arnt just good stoppers but also good attacking the other way. These three do it very well.

Ah, I get ya. I thought you were just highlighting who you thought were the next good group of CHB's coming through, hence the reference to Grima's age.

I guess 'next generation' could be interpreted either way, although like Team Mo points out, it isn't as if these boys are revolutionising the position or anything.

Agetigers

All Australian
Jun 11, 2008
SE
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Ah, I get ya.:thumbsu: I thought you were just highlighting who you thought were the next group of CHB's coming through, hence the reference to Grima's age.

I guess 'next generation' could be interpreted either way, although like Team Mo points out, it isn't as if these boys are revolutionising the position or anything.

Not Revolutionising hence why iv said "next gen". Although you could argue that Hurley and Astbury have the abillity to push forward and kick goals.

Agetigers

All Australian
Jun 11, 2008
SE
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
People's perceptions regarding age need to change. As a comparison, Andy Schleck won the white jersey for best young rider in the Tour de France and he's 25.

Totally agree Youth does not always make a better player. People often think that hes young so hes better than etc... Doesnt work like that.

Abillity>>>Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back