ELECTION NIGHT: The OFFICIAL RESULTS THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

labor atleast half clapped for abbott, for abbott!

and the liberals don't even do that, seems they are really taking this personal

You're asking the wrong person. I've not voted for twenty years. I don't believe in democracy. I very rarely state this disbelief, as I think beliefs, or their obverse, to be irrelevant. In this case I feel vindicated.

You are actually not forced to vote. I would say that I hope idea on this catches on, but that would be illegal.

Damn it, I'll say it anyway.

Edit: The fact is, if everyone adopted my view and refused to vote today, we'd all be in much the same position, in that another election would be required. In my not so humble opinion, that would send a much more emphatic message than has occured.
Interesting post and I agree with some of the sentiments.

In a way I don't vote either.

Gee I posted the criticism of the Labour chanting. I have also posted a criticism of the Liberal chanting.

Yet you all ignored that and called it one eyed.

Who is one eyed again?

i actually think this was a terrible campaign by both parties, they don't deserve to be clapped.

getting with them might be real hard damn religious people, esp the one on the far left
I'll take the dark haired one on the right. She looks young and innocent. I promise not to corrupt her.....much.

Tony can't help it. Given even half an opportunity, he'll make a pudendum of himself. A vile man who can no longer hide it.

What's the value of democracy when winning an election requires you to appeal to the lowest common denominator with the basest policy possible?

Both parties stand for nothing but hollow rhetoric and the people have spoken. :thumbsdown:

YES! Very well said.

There is virtually no real leadership or true policy conviction to be seen within the major parties at this point.

And that's one of the reasons why more and more Australians are now voting for the Greens, of course.

Seems like it could be 9 Senate seats now, a Green member in the HoR, and a Green-leaning independent. And Grayndler is still in play as well, by my reckoning. So we could end up with 2 Green members + Wilkie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abbott started off with some class, but the w***er in him came out with his almost "nyer nyer nyer nyer nyer" rant on how the country voted. Show some restraint for once mate.

And bloody hell what is it with the crowd?

Abbott started off with some class, but the w***er in him came out with his almost "nyer nyer nyer nyer nyer" rant on how the country voted. Show some restraint for once mate.

And bloody hell what is it with the crowd?

Pretty much no one gave the Liberals a chance. Everyone wrote them off.

YES! Very well said.

There is virtually no real leadership or true policy conviction to be seen within the major parties at this point.

And that's one of the reasons why more and more Australians are now voting for the Greens, of course.

Seems like it could be 9 Senate seats now, a Green member in the HoR, and a Green-leaning independent. And Grayndler is still in play as well, by my reckoning. So we could end up with 2 Green members + Wilkie.

Have to post my agreement.

Both parties pandering to Commercial media type focus groups and a simple minded lowest common denominator mentality.
No matter who wins we are in for 3 years of nothing but procrastination and pandering to lobby groups.

That said I'm embarrassed I'm part of a society which can't see through Abbot's charade.

The contemporary Liberal/National Party vote is comprised of bogans of the highest order. They are now the bogan party.

Fair assessment, I'd say.

It's tragic what's happened to the Liberals over the last few decades as well. They used to have a true philosophical core, and a lot of people within their ranks with real integrity, and moral backbone. I had great respect for many of them.

As it is now, the only man left in that party who I can describe in that way is Malcolm Turnbull.

Ahh yes. The Liberals are a bogan party and the left is a bastion of intellectualism.

Last time I checked, one major party's heartland was blue collar and the other was wealthy inner-city suburbs. If you're going to buy into stereotypes you may as well make sure they stack up in some form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back