Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

SweetLeftFoot

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 16, 2005
True centre half forward
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hibees
Hot on the heels of Hawthorn gifting us Rising Star nom and future Hall of Famer Ryan Bastinac last year, now it emerges they have given us Shaun Atley too!

The ever reliable Emma Quayle writes:

North Melbourne, the only club to use a compensation pick, benefited: it got crafty forward Kieran Harper, a player it had looked at for pick 17.

Thus, had we not plamed Hales off to them, we would have been in a horrible dilemma come pick 17.

Instead, we took the best available in Atley and sat back to snare our main target ten picks later.

I believe the 'Thanks for Bastinac and Atley' line should be deployed at every opportunity.

we would have taken Atley at #17 regardless. I'm sure that we can be happy enough with the reality:

David Hale, Angus Litherland to Hawthorn
Kieran Harper, Ben Mabon to North Melbourne

• Banned
lol that is a bit of a stretch, happy to thank them for Harper.

Mate, having had to put up with 'Thanks for Jordan Lewis' when they drafted him with a pick we didn't even give them, I'm stretching everything.

Simple fact is that without Hawthorn's pick, we wouldn't have been able to get Atley and Harper.

Thanks for Atley Hawthorn!

Mate, having had to put up with 'Thanks for Jordan Lewis' when they drafted him with a pick we didn't even give them, I'm stretching everything.

Simple fact is that without Hawthorn's pick, we wouldn't have been able to get Atley and Harper.

Thanks for Atley Hawthorn!

So if you would have gone for Harper over Atley anyway, aren't you now just stretching for the sake of stretching?:confused:

You are the natural home of our cast offs and unwanteds now.

Hahaha, that's Isaac Smith? Boy, isn't our face red...:p:eek:

I am willing to state here and now that I wouldn't be at all surprised if Daniel Pratt found his way to Mulgrave for 2012.
Good stuff! Absolute dynamite, SLF!!
So we've got Kieran Harper and now Daniel Pratt, any others on your list you'd care to out as shithouse for us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha, that's Isaac Smith? Boy, isn't our face red...:p:eek:

You spent a first rounder on one of our seconds players. I think that sums up the relative positions of the lists.

Good stuff! Absolute dynamite, SLF!!
So we've got Kieran Harper and now Daniel Pratt, any others on your list you'd care to out as shithouse for us?

Daniel is a very good player and has Jordan Lewis on a string. But he's getting on a bit and I suspect the likes of MacMillan will have taken his spot by the end of the year.

Thus he's a monty to end up with Josh and Hales at the North Melbourne Knacker Yard that is Hawthorn.

I am willing to state here and now that I wouldn't be at all surprised if Daniel Pratt found his way to Mulgrave for 2012.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A huge call SLF on Pratt, i believe he'll have another option at seasons end retirement. Now you may just end up with egg on your face over this.Retire or Hawthorn, i know which option I'd choose.

You spent a first rounder on one of our seconds players. I think that sums up the relative positions of the lists.

That's right. Ours snags a bloke a 6 months deep into a meteoric rise to prominence with a view to playing him as a part of a serious flag challenging side immediately.

Daniel is a very good player and has Jordan Lewis on a string.
facepalm
But he's getting on a bit and I suspect the likes of MacMillan will have taken his spot by the end of the year.

Thus he's a monty to end up with Josh and Hales at the North Melbourne Knacker Yard that is Hawthorn.
Cool story. So what odds will you give me?

Fact is we only pick up the players who have the shits with you guys for playing them in the wrong positions, and that you only stop considering them vital after it's clear there is no way you can retain them. We are a refuge for the talented and disgruntled.;)

Fact is we only pick up the players who have the shits with you guys for playing them in the wrong positions, and that you only stop considering them vital after it's clear there is no way you can retain them. We are a refuge for the talented and disgruntled.;)

Indeed. Daniel has always seen himself as a natural FF in the Piggy Dunstall mould.

You go do your thing Hawks.

Cost you a second rounder tops.

Indeed. Daniel has always seen himself as a natural FF in the Piggy Dunstall mould.

Unsurprising. He also has been known to see himself as comparable to Campbell Brown in game style and toughness. He is widely known for his delusions of grandeur.

Gibbo and Hale however, are proven entities.:thumbsu:

You go do your thing Hawks.

Cost you a second rounder tops.

What'll it cost you though, Sweety? Meaning bring me my odds!;)

No seriously, we thank you.

lance_franklin.jpg

That's him.:eek::(

I tell you what, watching the kids GC was picking last year, and knowing who they've already got, I honestly reckon Brown will struggle to be in their best 15 and within a year or two, won't get a game.

So more power to you for conning a 1st rounder out of the AFL for him.

(Without which we wouldn't have got Atley. Did you see how Essendon rated Atley the next Judd?)

Hot on the heels of Hawthorn gifting us Rising Star nom and future Hall of Famer Ryan Bastinac last year, now it emerges they have given us Shaun Atley too!

The ever reliable Emma Quayle writes:

North Melbourne, the only club to use a compensation pick, benefited: it got crafty forward Kieran Harper, a player it had looked at for pick 17.

Thus, had we not plamed Hales off to them, we would have been in a horrible dilemma come pick 17.

Instead, we took the best available in Atley and sat back to snare our main target ten picks later.

I believe the 'Thanks for Bastinac and Atley' line should be deployed at every opportunity.
I am a bit confused we gave you picks 25 and 41 for Josh Gibson and pick 69 last year which you took Aaron Black(25) and Ayden Kennedy(41) how did that help you get Ryan Bastinac who is a gun with pick 21 thus shoving it up us for offloading Hay to you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back