NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're being a bit presumptious aren't you? It doesn't start till 2012.

Not if i am reading this correctly.........

from aflq.com.au

NORTH EAST LEAGUE GREEN LIGHT FOR NORTH EAST LEAGUE

Thursday 11 November 2010

The AFL today announced that a North East Australian Football League (NEAFL) will be introduced in 2011, bringing together teams from NSW, Queensland, ACT and NT into one competition.

The new league will build upon the successful existing competitions of AFL Canberra and AFL Queensland.

In 2011, Team GWS will join current AFL Canberra teams to form the Eastern Conference, comprising seven clubs. The Gold Coast Suns’ feeder team will combine with existing QAFL teams to form the Northern Conference, comprising 10 teams, including NT Thunder.

Pretty sure the comp starts next year. I think the AFLQ are meeting with all the local clubs tomorrow to discuss the make up of all the comps next year

It gets phased in more heavily from 2012 (ie more cross conference games), but it officially starts next year flintstone.

The winner of the QLD conference and the NSW conference will play off for the NEAFL flag in 2011.

I see Redlands have recruited a CHF Josh Pullman from Swan Districts, looks pretty handy.

What is the latest with Eagle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which star Vulture has left and signed with Aspley for 2 years.

Is Tom Tarrant heading down to coast,possibly Cooloongatta

This is more like it.....

Tom Tarrant was mooted to go to Coolangatta last season also. Has he moved to the Gold Coast?

Vulture star...hmmm Is it his brother Adam? I give up, who is it Chikka?

This is more like it.....

Tom Tarrant was mooted to go to Coolangatta last season also. Has he moved to the Gold Coast?

Vulture star...hmmm Is it his brother Adam? I give up, who is it Chikka?

Not Adam.

Foxtel is trying very hard to get a new comp up and starting next year involving the Premiers from QLD,NSW,TAS plus top 4 teams from VFL,SANFL AND WAFL.These games would be played on bye week ends and be played as curtain raisers to AFL games at MCG etc.

Great exposure for the new comp and the mighty Panthers

Not Adam.

Foxtel is trying very hard to get a new comp up and starting next year involving the Premiers from QLD,NSW,TAS plus top 4 teams from VFL,SANFL AND WAFL.These games would be played on bye week ends and be played as curtain raisers to AFL games at MCG etc.

Great exposure for the new comp and the mighty Panthers

I think it is Top 2 from QLD plus NT thunder, Premiers from ACT and TAS plus top 3 or 4 from SANFL, WAFL and VFL.

I think it is Top 2 from QLD plus NT thunder, Premiers from ACT and TAS plus top 3 or 4 from SANFL, WAFL and VFL.

So Southport would miss out? Hahaha they would be absolutely spewing!

In all seriousness, how are Morningside going to survive in this new league with all the extra $$$ that will most likely be required???

So Southport would miss out? Hahaha they would be absolutely spewing!

In all seriousness, how are Morningside going to survive in this new league with all the extra $$$ that will most likely be required???

AFL and FOXTEL sponsoring round robin comp.You lose 1st game and you are out.Big $ for the winners

AFL and FOXTEL sponsoring round robin comp.You lose 1st game and you are out.Big $ for the winners

I was actually talking about the NEAFL as it gets expanded into the cross conference games.

Teams like Ainslie paying player payments of over $500,000, and Morningside struggling to pay $50,000 (and thats being generous!). It just doesn't add up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back