Millewa FL 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Chippa39

Draftee
Oct 20, 2010
Euston
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who are the confirmed signings for the clubs for 2011? Can someone post them for each club?
Word is Gol Gol have a couple already...

I did not get the chance to see a lot of Millewa footy last season but did go to a few of the bigger game eg Bambil, Gol Gol and Werrimull playing each other but i did get to go to a lot of Sunraysia footy games.

So if you were a Millewa Club who would you be looking to recruit?
A few big names/big game players, what age 30+
25-30?

I did watch a lot of Reserves footy (mostly after Half time or 1/4 time)
and there are some good players running around there that would do well in Millewa and add depth to teams.

Looking at the top 4 or 5 teams in the Reserves there is about 5 or so for each club that look capable of playing good (Not Great) Millewa footy.

Robinvale
M and P Zappia
Hogg
Gallace
Ficarra

South
Gray
Brock
Circosta
Reck
Giddings

Imps
Mcnally
Walker
Gribble
Prott
Rigby

Wentworth
Lawson
Mcleod
Kelly
Chapman
Harris

Irymple
Langdon
Thomas
D Byrne
Rudd
Weaver

Like I said, not be stars but add depth to teams????

Who are the big names getting thrown around Hickey to Bambil ?
Sonny to Gol Gol ?

I did not get the chance to see a lot of Millewa footy last season but did go to a few of the bigger game eg Bambil, Gol Gol and Werrimull playing each other but i did get to go to a lot of Sunraysia footy games.

Was talking to an Administrator of the SFL and he is concerned that if the Millewa clubs keep raping the Reserves comp clubs will not be able to field a side. This is a huge concern to them as they are a major league and they are talking of introducing a points system for the Millewa. It has been mentioned to the league with most clubs saying yes but Golly & Bambill against it for obvious reasons!!:eek:

Not sure what they can do but it will always be a recruiting area for the Millewa!!:cool:

Any other news out there re: recruits. Jarrod Roberts to Golly??

Was talking to an Administrator of the SFL and he is concerned that if the Millewa clubs keep raping the Reserves comp clubs will not be able to field a side. This is a huge concern to them as they are a major league and they are talking of introducing a points system for the Millewa. It has been mentioned to the league with most clubs saying yes but Golly & Bambill against it for obvious reasons!!:eek:

Not sure what they can do but it will always be a recruiting area for the Millewa!!:cool:

A points system would be fine but wouldn't stop reserves players being poached as they would be valued less points then senior players so if anything it would make them more attractive to Millewa clubs.

Because their successful?

if the vote is 5-2 then it doesnt matter what Golly or bambil$ think
Also when the money at the end of year is divided up from the finals etc it should be a sliding payment back to the clubs
bottom team gets more percentage and so on up the ladder.

The only other way is to make the MFL a feeder league to SFL
thus still keeping the SFL as a major league but players being subbed around.

Its been working in the VFL eg BoxHill and Hawthorn

it is tough on the sfl clubs but they cant match the money obviously. sfl should be ( and should have been for ages) 16 per side on the field. amazing how much easier this is........

I can see a need for both leagues within the area, Sunraysia League being the major league with skilled, younger and fitter teams with the few older heads in key positions (which helps the kids develop) Millewa for guys who are stuck in between seniors and ressies (due to age, skill level, can not comment to training each and every week due to work comment or whatever the reason) yet want/can to play at a higher level then ressies enter millewa league, which again there is a need for the ressies for younger guys to get more exp to get into the seniors now and then till they can get a regular spot in the seniors plus having your guys you love the club and want to have a kick with there mates. Anyway we could talk about this till the cows come home. Jarrod Roberts to Gol Gol would be would be one of the biggest signing in a long time (if that's correct) Could he leave Imp or does he bleed green Any other names getting thrown around???

I can see a need for both leagues within the area, Sunraysia League being the major league with skilled, younger and fitter teams with the few older heads in key positions (which helps the kids develop) Millewa for guys who are stuck in between seniors and ressies (due to age, skill level, can not comment to training each and every week due to work comment or whatever the reason) yet want/can to play at a higher level then ressies enter millewa league, which again there is a need for the ressies for younger guys to get more exp to get into the seniors now and then till they can get a regular spot in the seniors plus having your guys you love the club and want to have a kick with there mates. Anyway we could talk about this till the cows come home. Jarrod Roberts to Gol Gol would be would be one of the biggest signing in a long time (if that's correct) Could he leave Imp or does he bleed green Any other names getting thrown around???
talking to a imps player the other day said jarrod roberts had been ringing the younger imps blokes to get them down to imps training so dont think he is going any where

Maybe they should look at merging the Leagues?

Premier League (SFL)
First Division (SFL Reserves & Millewa teams)

Just throwing it out there. I don't care either way. Just something to think about & discuss...

Maybe they should look at merging the Leagues?

Premier League (SFL)
First Division (SFL Reserves & Millewa teams)

Just throwing it out there. I don't care either way. Just something to think about & discuss...

With Millewa not having Reserves & Juniors and SFL struggling with Reserves. I don't think it will be too many more years before some sort of restructure or merger occurs. Not sure how it would all work out, but in the end I think Millewa (league and clubs) would be the ones to lose their identity.
You could have the divisions but this is not good for club unity for the current SFL clubs that would enter into more than one div. Is it too far away to include the Northern Mallee clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see the SFL draw is in the paper this morning. The grand final will be played on the last weekend in September meaning the AFL grand final will be the week after. What are the thoughts on when the Millewa will play the grand final now? It is usually on the weekend in between. Would they go with a Sunday GF after the SFL one?

I see the SFL draw is in the paper this morning. The grand final will be played on the last weekend in September meaning the AFL grand final will be the week after. What are the thoughts on when the Millewa will play the grand final now? It is usually on the weekend in between. Would they go with a Sunday GF after the SFL one?
If we were lucky enough to make the GF i know I could stay of the gas if it was the day after the AFL GF but i think it would be best played after the SFL. To much of an incovenience after the AFL, it's the biggest sporting event on the calendar and everyone makes plans around it. Plus it could make for a big weekend of local sport if the pack it into the one.

Looks like being a late footy trip in 2011!

Should the Millewa GF be on Prelim Final weekend & wouldn't it be better attended if played in town - #3 oval maybe?

Should the Millewa GF be on Prelim Final weekend & wouldn't it be better attended if played in town - #3 oval maybe?

The GF will be played at the Lake while ever its the Millewa GF as it is stated in the constituition.:thumbsu::D It also says that 2 finals must be played out the lake including GF thats why the prelim was also played there in 2010.

Am aware there was a discussion at the league GM meeting that Euston & Golly was wanting some changes by saying that they are concerned that the league is going backwards.:confused:

Quite happy that Robbo was appointed Pres. again as it would have been Golly everything if Hally got in!!:thumbsdown: :eek:

The crowds have never been a problem at the Lake GF and its just a preception that we would get a bigger crowd in town as finals that have been previously in town have drawn less people to the game being the prelim that was played in 2009 between Golly & Euston at oval 3!!.:confused:

The only reason Euston want it changed is because of the travel factor.

Other leagues travel 2+ hours every second week to games where as you guys travel only 1hr 20mins to the lake for a final if you make it and a few away games!!:cool::footy:

Sunday Mildura 18 holes, Monday Riverside 18 holes. More than happy to go $50 a hole. All you have to do is yes and we are on.
$1,800 in the sky rocket, will be like Woorinen match payment:D:D
your on spud. is it your b/day? the misses letn you out of the house 2 days in a row:) $1,800 4 the year isnt worth braging about u ****:p

Nangiloc looking ok with some players comming back...ie not leaving... and the new coach may bring some. Although im 99% sure it isnt ryan tierney enforcer. L Dowdy might be a better guess ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsofrichmond
Nangiloc looking ok with some players comming back...ie not leaving... and the new coach may bring some. Although im 99% sure it isnt ryan tierney enforcer. L Dowdy might be a better guess ;)

L Dowdy Coach???:(:(:( Nang will not win a game this year if that's the case !!!! Doesn't he just ride around on his brothers (who can play) rep????

What happen to him when he went from Nang to Red Cliffs, not much.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back