Clinton Grybas

Can't believe that tomorrow is the 3rd anniversary of the death of Clinton Grybus. He was my favourite commentator as well as hosting one of my favourite shows white line fever and just seemed a all round nice guy who loved his sport like most of us.

Whats your favourite memory of Clinton?

Re: Clinton Grybus

I never knew the bloke obviously, but it felt like he was a old mate that i sat down with every night of the footy season listening to what he had to say. Loved WLF inparticular the fans that used to ring in and ask questions. Great viewing

Oct 12, 2006
Far West SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Panthers, Double Blues

Sad that Clinton is no longer with us entertaining us with his knowledge and passion for football. WLF was probably the best television show for AFL information and discussion. Clinton was a fine host who didn't rely on pay outs to interact with his guests, he is sadly missed!

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal

His gf spoke for the first time a few weeks ago in an interview and she is still struggling with the loss. Sad story.

I don't really have one standout memory of him because he was so good every time. He was awesome.

Shane_Mag

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adel United, Man United, LA Lakers

Fantastic commentator. As others have said WLF was a great show. Clinton was the best commentator going around until his tragic death. We miss ya Clinton!

FishCreekBandit

All Australian
Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Wow didnt see this on the news how did he die? Who will take his job at fox sports next year?

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

My outlasting memory of Clinton was at 6:18, yelling out "Riewoldt, They've won this now!"

Such a great commentator, kept Fox Footy commentating afloat over the years.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood

Funnily enough, my enduring memory of Grybas was as a basketball commentator, and that show he hosted on TV. Did a great job for basketball.

The reason why Grybas is so highly rated by people is because he wasn't full of crap, just called the game, and was always informative. It's a pity very few commentators try to emulate his style rather than just promote themselves.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Funnily enough, my enduring memory of Grybas was as a basketball commentator, and that show he hosted on TV. Did a great job for basketball.

The reason why Grybas is so highly rated by people is because he wasn't full of crap, just called the game, and was always informative. It's a pity very few commentators try to emulate his style rather than just promote themselves.

spot on , cometti and bruce use to be great , but thye just try to out do each other with comettisms or bruce special lines. gotten old , people just want the game to be called as it is and be informative in relation to the game , not what some wrestler is doing in the wwe

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders

Great commentator and seemed like a really good guy.

I never met the man but it felt like I knew him. Hence why his death affected me a lot more than a celebrity death usually would.. Can still remember the news update during the Aus vs India test at Sydney, was absolutely shocked and devo! Hard to believe it was 3 years ago!

I don't really have one standout memory of him because he was so good every time. He was awesome.
For me it was calling Geelongs' 157 point win over Richmond. I can still hear every goal he called in my head.

He kept calling the game properly and never lost interest, unlike most commentators in a blow-out who just start whining about the losing team.

Back