New Date for AGM

Oct 5, 2004
Caught somewhere in time
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Diamond Valley SC, MVFC, Leeds Utd
People need to ask themselves this, do you really want to put the board at the 24/7 mercy of people whose lives revolve around the daily opinions of Caroline Wilson?

Good point. However, just because something aint broke it doesn't mean It can't be improved. I'm happy with JB and crew, however, I would also be happy to see a few changes should those changes allow fresh ideas and new energy. I'm happy to wait and see what the nominees have to say before I make any decision.

snapperbowler

All Australian
Nov 2, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When a team is doing well on field there is no where near as much pressure on the club as a whole.

Decisions on who to vote for should only be made after looking at what each candidate has to offer.

People need to vote with their heads not their hearts.

Wrath

Club Legend
North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Aug 31, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne Kangaroos
People need to ask themselves this, do you really want to put the board at the 24/7 mercy of people whose lives revolve around the daily opinions of Caroline Wilson?

I don't think the decision people come to should be based on a thought process as you suggest. All of the candidates on face value deserve the right to be considered by the members.

The decision should come down to who you believe are the best three candidates out of the five prospects to serve our club based on what you think is best for the club.

I would hope all our candidates show some class and don't go on a belittling the other candidates campaign, be it via their own guise or through supporters.

Wrath

The current board deserve much credit, but they are not above scrutiny.

Fresh people & fresh ideas are not a bad thing.

Well said.

Ultimately, we all want the strongest board possible.

And if it transpires that the best way to achieve that is with a change in personnel, so be it.

Davo01

All Australian
May 14, 2002
Beneath the blue and white
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good post Wraith, I agree entirely.

As I've stated on my blog, members were disenfranchised for a generation and it took the club to the brink. I think we all have a role to play in embedding a culture of transparency and accountability within the club and its fledgling new governance model. As messy as they can be, elections are the best tool we have to achieve this. Surely we can conduct them in a fair, and respectful way?

I don't think the decision people come to should be based on a thought process as you suggest. All of the candidates on face value deserve the right to be considered by the members.

The decision should come down to who you believe are the best three candidates out of the five prospects to serve our club based on what you think is best for the club.

I would hope all our candidates show some class and don't go on a belittling the other candidates campaign, be it via their own guise or through supporters.

Wrath

When are you gonna concede The TESTicle?

This 7 home games in Tasmania idea was rot. :stern look

Yep. Brayshaws, for the main part, has done a good job but the idea of 7 HOME games in Tasmania was ****en Idiotic! :stern look

It's one thing to raise finances. It's another to sell your arse to raise those finances. :stern look

Do yah get it?

Nah yah don't.:thumbsdown:
I couldn't have said it better myself Zondors. :stern look

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That Age article is from April 2020

No kidding?

Taswegians have been beating their chest in public again.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

I suspect 300 alt accounts are warming up in their dens at this very moment, getting ready to launch an orchestrated character assassination on the man.

No kidding?

Taswegians have been beating their chest in public again.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

I suspect 300 alt accounts are warming up in their dens at this very moment, getting ready to launch an orchestrated character assassination on the man.
I reckon the club has defined their position on Tasmania since then in favour of remaining in Melbourne and no extra games etc. I would be surprised if that was the reason behind RJ running, similarly I think Covid has shown that many people can work from home effectively which nullifies the argument of Buckley being Sydney based to some extent (it should at least shut Caro up). I agree with the carry on from the Tasmanian government that we would be better off pulling the pin, but I would like Ron to state his views on various topics prior to the vote. I assume that is in the process of happening once his nomination is confirmed/accepted. He is eminently qualified.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I reckon the club has defined their position on Tasmania since then in favour of remaining in Melbourne and no extra games etc. I would be surprised if that was the reason behind RJ running, similarly I think Covid has shown that many people can work from home effectively which nullifies the argument of Buckley being Sydney based to some extent (it should at least shut Caro up). I agree with the carry on from the Tasmanian government that we would be better off pulling the pin, but I would like Ron to state his views on various topics prior to the vote. I assume that is in the process of happening once his nomination is confirmed/accepted. He is eminently qualified.

Ron Joseph has more football nous than the entire board combined, and should be on it for that reason alone.

Any resistance to the move should be viewed with deep suspicion. His loyalty is unquestionable.

I definitely think the WANM folks will swing in behind him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm a huge Ron Joseph fan, I'm very curious to see what he thinks the current board are doing wrong.

Why would he necessarily have to be a critic?

He may just be able to do some things better.

I actually support this notion, but it is not a big enough issue to break up the enormously productive and harmonious Brayshaw, Brayshaw, O'Hoy team.

There are bigger issues afoot than placating the fears of a handfull of supporters.

Anyone know who this poster was?

Totally agree with them about the great work the post 2007 board has done.

And how a tiny minority of noisy supporters obsessed with fringe issues can be safely ignored for the greater good of the club.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I remember once that Sonja Hood sent me a P.M. stating that my lobbying was quote, "heroic".

Then several years later the curtain went up and the truth was revealed.

I was conned, just like everyone else.

Last edited:
I remember once that Sonja Hood sent me a P.M. stating that my lobbying was quote, "heroic".

Then several years later the curtain went up and the truth was revealed.

I was conned, just like everyone else.

Agree. You were supportive of everything the board did post 2007, had no issues with The Huddle or Scanlons etc.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nice revisionism.

The "Scanlon agreement" was never made public to the members at the time, and wasn't revealed until years later.

It was a devious, sneaky act.

You should pick up the pen again. Journalism needs you.

Maybe you could interview Sonja Hood about that Scanlon clause?

No it wasn't hidden or sneaky. That it would be a community club with stuff The Huddle and no pokies was the entire basis of it. No hidden genders.

The only thing that changed was your views a few years ago. Largely due to social media algorithms.

You're hardly alone there, hundreds of millions of people worldwide, especially your demographic re age, sex, ethnicity were similarly radicalised.

A President was elected off the back of it. The Brits left Europe off the back of it.

Personally I find it a pretty lame version of radicalisation, nothing actually changed in most folks lives except they started acting like knobs on the internet.

At least the Belgian kids who got radicalised by their culturally relevant strain upped sticks and went to Syria and fought.

Anyway, doesn't bother me, you can think whatever you want to think.

But it doesn't alter the reality that there was no secret agenda, there's no dark conspiracy, all the stuff about how we'd operate as a club was up front and in bold type from the get go.

And it has been hugely successful in terms of stabilising us off field.

We need a ******* premiership though. And soon.

If this board can't deliver that, we will need change.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
What a load of horseshit.
It's true snake. You can't see it, but it's perfectly obvious to others.

Did you ever think that your right wing make believe conspiracies would force you to not be a member of the club you claim you support? You accuse others of being traitors, and yet you have cut and pasted your late middle age white male internet nonsense on to the club you think you care about.

It wouldn't be a problem. You've become a kook. But you're a mouthy campaigner in every thread.

Back