Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucko_666

Senior List
Oct 6, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
(If there is already another thread on this, please link me to it)

Received my AFL membership card yesterday and was surprised to see they now show your waitlist number which is the amount of people ahead of you inline to go gold.

Id like to get an idea of the year people joined and there waitlist number. Ill update this post as the numbers roll in.

Me (Joined 09)
2011: 12,775
2012: 11,197
2013: 9,283
2014: 7,753
2015: 5,255
2016: 1,950
2016 June: Full Membership Offered !

My Son (Joined Dec 2012)
2015: 22890
2016: 13639
2020: 8658
2021: 6852

My Daughter (Joined Dec 2014)
2016: 19641

Last edited:

I'm a Gold Member. Have been for 20 years.

30300-goldmember_austin_powers_goldmember.jpg

Wow, wait list that long?

So I guess there's no point putting my wife on that list. She doesn't go enough to make it worthwhile.

Looks like I'll just keep buying guest passes and work something else out for finals (when we're involved)

Joined December 2007, waitlist 8,800.

Well done to the AFL for giving people something to go on.
Think I read somewhere that last year they offerred 1,000 new full memberships and that was one of the lowest numbers ever offerred due to not many people leaving.

Joined December 2007, waitlist 8,800.

Well done to the AFL for giving people something to go on.
Think I read somewhere that last year they offerred 1,000 new full memberships and that was one of the lowest numbers ever offerred due to not many people leaving.

As much as I like knowing how many people are in the queue, Im really surprised they did this as I'm sure it would put a lot of people off from joining if they know how long they have to wait to go Gold.

I guess there are Silver members ahead of you in the queue who drop off each year also, so its not just non-renewing Gold members that get you up the list.

how can you have joined last year and be ahead of me, i joined feb 09 and im 14807

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Received the email that my membership is in the mail. I joined in 2005 so I can't be too far away? If I have been upgraded, would I know by now?

Wow, wait list that long?

So I guess there's no point putting my wife on that list. She doesn't go enough to make it worthwhile.

Looks like I'll just keep buying guest passes and work something else out for finals (when we're involved)
That's only to become a Full Member. You can sign up as a Silver Member straight away.

Received the email that my membership is in the mail. I joined in 2005 so I can't be too far away? If I have been upgraded, would I know by now?
I think you would have a few years to go yet topdon. But I will be interested to know what number you are.

I believe the upgrade letters are sent out in June of each year once the renewal deadline has passed.

I think you would have a few years to go yet topdon. But I will be interested to know what number you are.

I believe the upgrade letters are sent out in June of each year once the renewal deadline has passed.

Member here since Nov/Dec 07 & number 8477 in the queue to full membership. Annoying thing though is my wife & i joined together & her wait list number is 10,123.

The letter says:

This number will be upgraded each year once full member upgrades are completed and will be communicated on your membership renewal invoice from 2011.

When full member upgrades are completed in June 2011 we will advise all AFL silver members how many members were upgraded to full membership via email and on aflmembership.com.au to ensure all members are aware of the process and where they are in queue.

I was told about 7 years when i signed up, so based on my number it would have to be about 2200 per year to be available in the 7 year time frame i was quoted(highly unlikely IMHO).

I'd be ok if it was within another 5 years.

I was a bit surprised that I was so high as I was told in 2007 it would be 7-8 years. Im still at 8892, so I'm guessing anywhere from 6 to 10 years still!

How do you find out your join date? I thought I joined in the first few months of the 2007 year and my number seems to be higher than the Nov, Dec 2007 posters.

Thats a long as wait, still better then the MCC though thats a 20 year wait and another 6 or 7 above that to get your full membership which gets you GF access.

Joined Dec 09 / Jan 10

Joined Jan 09 and am 13k odd.

If they take around a 1000 odd again I wont renew. Not going to wait 13 years to get my gold. Will just continue with Carlton Social Club membership on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back