AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother was adamant that your place in the list was also reliant on how many tickets you purchase with the card / how often you use the card as well.

We make a point to buy tickets on my card for family members and friends to accelerate the process (if that's how it works) - It took him ~5 years to go gold.

My first year was 2010, I'll post the number as soon as it arrives.

What's the difference between a silver and gold member?
Only "significant" difference is Silver members have no (or very little access) to the preliminary finals, and have next to no access to the Grand Final, unless their team of choice (club support holders only) is in the GF and their club includes them in the normal members ballot.

Been a VFL Park/Waverley Park/AFL member since 1984, hehe, and I'll be one till the day I die.

People shouldn't be put off joining simply because of the long waiting list for Full Membership. You are still getting value for money by simply being a Silver Member.

Joined in 2004, am around the 1300 mark.

May spoil it all and finally take up my MCC membership thats been sitting dormant for same amount of time.

The only real difference between gold and silver is access to GF tickets. If Essendon get in before I become gold then I'll just fork out for a GF package so I'm not too concerned about it.

I was right.

60f6012b.jpg

Only reasons I can think of for me being so far up is that I was a member for 1 year in 2004, then canceled it. Maybe I'm so far up because of that? Also someone was saying it depends how much you use your card, and I went to about 35 games last year.

Does anyone know if there's any other way to find out the number? I didn't read anything that came with my card, I just took the card out of the envelope and threw the rest in the bin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was right.

Only reasons I can think of for me being so far up is that I was a member for 1 year in 2004, then canceled it. Maybe I'm so far up because of that? Also someone was saying it depends how much you use your card, and I went to about 35 games last year.
Has to be because you joined in 2004. There is no way you could jump the queue that much because you went to a lot of games last year.

Looks like 2002/2003 members will get the golden ticket this year

Has to be because you joined in 2004. There is no way you could jump the queue that much because you went to a lot of games last year.

Looks like 2002/2003 members will get the golden ticket this year

I think it has everything to do with how much you use your ticket. My sister and I both got AFL membership in 2006. She goes to alot more games than i do. Her list number is around 1300 where as mine is around 6800.

I think it has everything to do with how much you use your ticket. My sister and I both got AFL membership in 2006. She goes to alot more games than i do. Her list number is around 1300 where as mine is around 6800.
Wow, that is really surprising. You being around 6800 fits in with everyone else in the thread, but your sister is around the same number as someone who joined in 2004. Did you both join in the same month ?

I would say that it is some sort of admin error when working out the waitlist number which has caused some people to jump up the queue so quickly. Most likely they have joined earlier for a period of time and then again at a later date as mentioned by a previous poster.

It would be difficult to run a system where it depended on the number of games you attend. It would be good if someone could clarify with the AFL that this does not affect your waitlist number. I scan my club membership card to get into home games at the G and my AFL card to get into away games so I would be spewing if they were counting the number of times the AFL card is used.

Wow, that is really surprising. You being around 6800 fits in with everyone else in the thread, but your sister is around the same number as someone who joined in 2004. Did you both join in the same month ?

we both joined at exactly the same time. I found it surprising as well when i saw it. Thought at first it could be an admin error, but now i am not sure.

I joined in 2005 and am now 2027 th on the wait list so it will be at least another year for me. My wife and I have sequential numbered cards and are in the same order on the wait list.:thumbsu:

I would say that it is some sort of admin error when working out the waitlist number which has caused some people to jump up the queue so quickly. Most likely they have joined earlier for a period of time and then again at a later date as mentioned by a previous poster.

It would be difficult to run a system where it depended on the number of games you attend. It would be good if someone could clarify with the AFL that this does not affect your waitlist number. I scan my club membership card to get into home games at the G and my AFL card to get into away games so I would be spewing if they were counting the number of times the AFL card is used.

Doubt it's an admin error. They'd have had this list for years, they're just now releasing the numbers.

I'd be wrapt if it is prioritised on who uses the card more. Not just because it means I'm in line for a swift promotion, but because it rewards you for going to the footy. I like the idea of that.

It's already done. They have a tally of how many games you attend with your card in a season anyway, so an ongoing list wouldn't be that hard to keep track off.

I joined in 2005 and am now 2027 th on the wait list so it will be at least another year for me. My wife and I have sequential numbered cards and are in the same order on the wait list.:thumbsu:

My wife, myself & a mate all joined together(even sent through our applications all together in the same envelope) All 3 of us have non-sequential member numbers & my wait list number is about 1500 spots higher than my wifes(not sure on my mates one yet). Techincally, i attend more games than her, but i still use both cards the same amount of times as both are used every week to buy reserved seats.

Anyone know how many of the 38,466(as per AFL members section of afl.com.au) AFL members are gold members??

It's already done. They have a tally of how many games you attend with your card in a season anyway, so an ongoing list wouldn't be that hard to keep track off.
Not difficult at all! One of Ticketmaster / Ticketek tells me how many purchases I have remaining using the card - Starts at around ~40 - Reckon I got it down to 15 or so last year.

Got mine in the mail today, joined 2010, wait list position 17156.

Going O/S for the majority of the year so will barely use my membership. I know a few people who joined the same year as me so our wait list numbers next year should show if how often you use your membership effects your position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back