FTA-TV Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
biggest surprise of the current american tv season

first couple of episodes was horribly cheesy..... gratuitous sex and nudity..... cg blood and intestines spilled like tomato sauce that is an homage to the movie 300 and goes beyond good taste.

but it slowly creeps up on you from a guilty pleasure to a heart pounding nail biting drama.

omg (or is that By Jupiter's C%$#) at the penultimate episode :O

Re: Spartacus

Watched the last ep. of S1 last night.

Got better and better as the season went on, so if people d/load it, give it a go, don't give up after a couple of eps.

Highly enjoyable series, but unfortunately the star has been diagnosed with cancer, so we're not going to see more anytime soon.

I must admit I am liking it. It's the only resistance ever that actually doesn't do any resisting though. Sending out the message "john May Lives" ..ohhhhh heavy s**t....what's next calling the V's noobs? But apart from that I don't mind it. A bit soap opera like but watchable. The inside the mothership scenes are enjoyable. Their green screen technique is great, even if the computer generated backgrounds are a bit cheaply done.

man i want to make a list for all the phrases used to describe varius phallus/anal related activities, There is about 3-5 different ones with slight variations per episode continuing from blood and sand to Gods of arena. Would make for a fun drinking game. these come to mind:

-spread thy cheeks for further ramming
-Instead my father takes knee to swallow ****.
-Once again Gods spread the cheeks to Ram **** in ****ing Ass
-Every time he enters the arena, he slides his **** into the mouth of the beast
-You kiss my cheek, only to finger my ass?
-Never lose focus, not even if Jupiter himself were to rip open the heavens and dangle his **** from the sky.
-By Jupiter's ****
-Great satisfaction and see our fortunes rise along with your ****.
-The primus against Pompey is finally mine and the Gods jam **** in ass.
-At last, the gods remove **** from ****ing ass
-You counsel to suck the **** that pisses on me
-And what does good Solonius receive to convince me to spread cheeks and accept deeper ramming
-the way they fawn over him! Falling to knee to lick his ****ing ass!
-You give away the primus and now ask that I tongue the ****ing boy's ass?

Although it is a s**t garbage show I must admit the series was fun to watch and Batiatus is pretty well acted and semi amusing.

Finished watching season two a couple of weeks ago only six episodes in it but it was a good prequel.

I hope Andy Whitfield get's over his cancer soon too.

And I also love the phrases they use.

Really enjoyed watching this series and the 6 episode prequel is pretty damn good too (maybe even better). It is all so gratuitous. For me John Hannah steals the show with his devious Batiatus character. Xena warrior princess does a good job too.

I never found Whitfield that compelling as Spartacus though. The guy who plays Gannicus is awesome, he would have been much better as Spartacus.

Really enjoyed watching this series and the 6 episode prequel is pretty damn good too (maybe even better). It is all so gratuitous. For me John Hannah steals the show with his devious Batiatus character.

I thought it was better. As for the graphic nature of the show & the coarseness of the language I really think they are trying to show what a debauched period in history the Roman society was. The blood lust people had with no consideration for life or rights of other humans, unless they held some sort of prominence that is human lives were either a commodity or a means of entertainment.

I have found a lot of shows over the last five-ten years or so are trying to be more faithful to the period or the environment in which the characters would have existed, not just creating characters placed in semi authentic surroundings.

Three shows that have been able to do this I can think of are The Sopranos, Deadwood & from what I understand Breaking Bad.

I've been meaning to try and watch this. Tried watching the first episode with the wife but we switched it off, it was so horribly bad.

yeah it didn't start off well but the show got a lot better & the prequel is better again.

But it is a little cheesy.

I've been meaning to try and watch this. Tried watching the first episode with the wife but we switched it off, it was so horribly bad.

First ep sucked, badly.

I gave it another go after another forum I'm on all had raging boners over it - do the same, you wont be disappointed.

Once you get through the first 1.5 episodes, it's excellent.

Jupiter's ****!

Yeah, like many, I had severe reservations after the first episode. My word, it was terrible. It really reminded me of Xena/Hercules, down to the Thracian comrade who spoke like a pirate. But then it just started getting better and better, and the acting noticeably improved.

John Hannah was great as Batiatus, even though it was occasionally odd to hear the scottish brogue slipping in there.

The second season will have a new bloke (an Aussie) as Spartacus thanks to Andy Whitfield's cancer coming back. Hope he gets over it.

Also, I am totally besotted with Illythia/Viva Bianca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandra Sully said:
thought id bump spart back up seeing as tho it is the best show on tv atm
why the lack of chatter?
Thanks for the late news Sandra.

On a serious note - everyone downloaded this, watched it, and then rooted their girlfriends after every episode about a year ago.

In hindsight, I should have watched this with 2 or 3 girls at the same time.

Hi

first time poster, um first time watcher i guess.

watched 7 eps.

god first episode was terrible. looked shithouse. almost an amateur production, sets looked like second rate graphics. his tharacian mate didnt even try to modify his aussie accent!

not even jupiter would smash it with his ****!

after episode 1....something for everyone! the abundance of **** was thought provoking. eye candy for the ladies too. even mrs north is watching.

Been watching S1 on Foxtel and tbh I think i'll stop watching it.
Been waiting for it to get better but let's face it it's garbage.

Crap acting beyond belief, cliched storylines. It's just aimed as a pervefest for both sexes. doesn't succeed much even in that area.

BTW, isn't it amazing how gladiators have such perfect teeth considering how much they get whacked in the mouth. And without mouthguards.
See this is the sort of s**t i think about when i watch this garbage.

Been watching S1 on Foxtel and tbh I think i'll stop watching it.
Been waiting for it to get better but let's face it it's garbage.

Crap acting beyond belief, cliched storylines. It's just aimed as a pervefest for both sexes. doesn't succeed much even in that area.

BTW, isn't it amazing how gladiators have such perfect teeth considering how much they get whacked in the mouth. And without mouthguards.
See this is the sort of s**t i think about when i watch this garbage.

its also pretty interesting how the gladiators dont look malnourished or disheveled considering they're living in squalor. can't tell me they all looked as if they're chiselled from marble!

other points that are of interest:

- they've been in a drought supposedly. don't see flies around
- when batiatus speaks to the masses in the arena, apparently EVERYONE can hear him clearly!!! what with no microphone or sound system??
- accents. apparently roman times were populated by kiwis, scotts, aussies and other.

do you think that if you were flicking channels and this show was on you'd flick it away immediately?

love it....i agree, my guilty pleasure.
Some fine aussie lasses in this too with Viva Bianca as ilithyia and Hanna Mangan Lawrence as the devious Seppia.

P.S RIP Andy Whitfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back