Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Re: New HD Nintendo Console

Lets be honest, graphics are not that important, i just want great gameplay. The SNES still boasts some of the greatest games ever.

Having said that I love Nintendo and would buy it.

Lets be honest, graphics are not that important, i just want great gameplay. The SNES still boasts some of the greatest games ever.

Having said that I love Nintendo and would buy it.

Wonder how this goes, Wii has turned Nintendo into a shovelware company. Hope they go back to their roots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely has to be backwards compatable. Wii games still sell like hotcakes.

If that is the case though, I wonder how motion-based the controller will be?

Definitely has to be backwards compatable. Wii games still sell like hotcakes.

If that is the case though, I wonder how motion-based the controller will be?

Maybe the Wii mote will be able to connect to the new console. I'd be a bit worried swinging around some sort of controller with a HD screen in built. :p

most laptops can achieve higher graphical power than the 360 now.

Nintendo might pull a Sega here and blow their load too early.

As the owner of both consoles, I can say that neither console is more impressive "graphically" than the other. Let the fanboi war begin

Controller with a built in screen? The big three are still scrambling to keep up with the mighty Dreamcast ;)

nintendo has gone crazy

not the wii-hd part..... that was expected

but a hd touchscreen on the controller?

o_O;

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...report-tech-specs-controller-details-claimed/

Wii 2 is 'Project Café', says report - tech specs, controller details claimed
Friday 15-Apr-2011 3:01 PM New console to be 'a bit more powerful than 360'

As if you haven't had enough today, the latest Wii 2 rumour report has emerged - and it's a big one, claiming tech specs and controller details for the not-so-secret-anymore Nintendo console.

French site 01net, which previously released the NGP specs long before any official announcement, has backed up widespread claims that Nintendo will reveal its next console at E3 this year.

It's also backed up CVG's scoop that the console's controller will feature a built-in high-resolution screen.

According to the latest report, 'Wii 2' is being internally referred to as 'Project Café', and sports architecture similar to that of the Xbox 360, "but a bit more powerful".

It says the console will include a custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores, a GPU from the ATI R700 family with a shader unit at version 4.1, and at least 512Mb of RAM.

This would of course make HD console ports very easy for developers, but 'Project Café' will also include backwards compatibility with both the Wii (including all peripherals) and GameCube games, it's said.

The controller has a six-inch touch screen, a front-facing camera, D-Pad, two bumpers, two triggers and "possibly more," and can allegedly be used as a Wii sensor bar.

Late 2012 is the release date, and another "big surprise" about the console is set to be revealed at E3, the report concludes.

As always consider this a strong rumour for now, but it's a good source indeed.

Wonder how this goes, Wii has turned Nintendo into a shovelware company. Hope they go back to their roots.

I agree. They got it right with Donkey Kong Country Returns...that game on the Wii was fantastic, and hard.
Today I was playing FF6 for the SNES (via Wii download), and it is brilliant. Most games these days, excluding Mario, Metroid, Pokemon, Zelda, dont really do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back