FTA-TV The Office (US) (2)

Yeah, might've lost it when Jim was in Michael's office :(

So sad to see Steve Carrell go. Sure he provided us with a ton of cringe moments, but as a character, Michael Scott's heart was always in the right place, and his better moments were very endearing.

lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

Dunno what to say.

Could see genuine emotion from both actors, sort of sums up how well they've done adapting the UK version of the Office.

Despite most US sitcoms being a bit of fluff, still has a lot of substance.

Goodbye Michael. :(

ExTasDeeMan

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
NYC
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons
Re: The Office (u.s)

Top last episode for Carell. I left my job a few weeks ago, and they really handled it in such a grounded and endearing way.

God bless the Nard dog.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens

Wow, thats it....
LOL'd at creed, flashbacks to the ep where all the girls were out and the boy used there restroom and creed storms out "I pay for this privaledge"
Michael and Jim, yeh big one. GENUINE emotion from both, reckon it would have taken a few takes.
In regards to the ending thought it was actually right. Had michael walking off into the distance then cut to a last frame of dwight and jim giving the :uh oh, what are we in for now????" Sums up how where all thinking regarding the show

So, so sad.:(

It's funny reading the comments after this show, have seen stuff like "and that kids was the finale of The Office" "But grandpa, what about the later episodes" "GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

It just feels like The Office won't be the same now.:(

ROSEMVP

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2010
United Center
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Would love to see Dwight takeover and see David Spade come into as a salesman.

Im sure im not the only one that teared up with Jim and then with Pam at the airport. Thought his character developed so well throughout the series, from a pure David Brent tryhard clone to really being the leader of the pack. Some of his scenes where he took it up to David Wallace will always stick in my mind of the best of Michael Scott. Grew to love the character and yeah, it does feel like the end. I guess we'll see though.

Ferrell is exactly as I thought he'd be. I can see what they are doing with his character and I thought the final scene with the cake was great, but hes just not the right bloke for this show at all. Glad its only temporary.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens

I think we are all just expecting anchorman or step brothers from will farrell when its not really the setting for that sort of character....
Another thing is that remember he's coming in as michael leaves the show, its michael time, so the last thing ANYONE wants is is for will to come in and steal the spotlight off him,
Im expecting a good showing from will next week.

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears

Just watched the last episode again today, love it!

Was great when Michael gave Oscar a s**t scarecrow. Oscars reaction (trying to be nice, but very pompous) and then Michael's laughing afterwards......just brilliant!

Love it when Andy lost one of the clients and yelled across the office to Michael. hahahahahahahahhaha

I think we are all just expecting anchorman or step brothers from will farrell when its not really the setting for that sort of character....

I wasnt expecting that at all and im very thankful he isnt playing one of his vast array of *ed man-child characters that I dont find the slightest bit funny.

On a different note, I wonder if we'll see a Michael/Holly wedding in a future season?

There could still be flashback type goodbye things for Michael in future episodes.

Really liked the episode, highlight being Michael laughing about Oscars gift.

The Jim and Pam moments with Michael were excellent. Shows the relationship that grew between Jim, Pam and Michael over the years.

I wonder why Michael wouldn't want a big goodbye and a fuss?

Michaels an emotional guy. He loves everyone there like family. If he had a big farewell and a fuss he wouldnt have left.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

I think it was an attempt to show that Michael has grown as a person and become more confident. In the past he would've been super happy to be the centre of attention but now he knows he can walk away from the office and that everyone will consider him a friend. It was a good way to illustrate that he's found himself.

I think the better they made the episode, or more impressive...the bigger the hole would have seemed (that's what she said) with Michael gone. That's my impression anyway.

Ferris_rules

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 26, 2007
in a House, normally.
AFL Club
Adelaide

Im sure im not the only one that teared up with Jim and then with Pam at the airport. Thought his character developed so well throughout the series, from a pure David Brent tryhard clone to really being the leader of the pack. Some of his scenes where he took it up to David Wallace will always stick in my mind of the best of Michael Scott. Grew to love the character and yeah, it does feel like the end. I guess we'll see though.

Ferrell is exactly as I thought he'd be. I can see what they are doing with his character and I thought the final scene with the cake was great, but hes just not the right bloke for this show at all. Glad its only temporary.

Nail Hammer Head.

Great top post.

Agreed with everything here.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

It was just a perfect way for the great Michael Scott to leave.

I am sad that he left. He will be sorely missed. IMO I think this will hit the show hard.

The new guy Ferrell is a tool, but IMO that is a ploy that writers use to introduce someone new, give the audience someone they hate so that when the replacement comes in, he is welcomed with opened arms.

Jim was brilliant. Same with Pam at the airport. I am glad Jim was emotional it was just awesome to see his character to be like that.

Dwight got what he always wanted, which was gold too.

I teared too Macca.

yes I am grown man that has loved this show and cried at the end.:(

I didnt like it in Season 1 but it grew on me.

Thankfully we have many many seasons of Michael Scott to keep us entertained.

I hope the storylines continue to be good, because this would have been a fitting farewell.

With that said I dont think personally we have seen the end of Michael Scott, I can only imagine he would appear in the series finale of some sorts.

lol A bit like Ritchie Cunningham in Happy Days.

s1bbald

All Australian
Jul 6, 2008
Wodonga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

As sad as it was, the scene with Oscar, Michael and the scarecrow was one of the funniest in the series for me. I was in hysterics for a long time after that...

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball

This show is bloody hilarious, sorry if there is alread a thread but im pretty sure they would all be on the U.K. one. Anyway just cause its american it doesnt mean its not funny. Bloody funny s**t., i love michaels attitude and his eye movements.
Hi, if your watching the American one I'm sure its good . Ricky Gervais brainchild it is brilliant.
I have not been able to bring myself to watch it (USA version) because the original Brit show was one of the greatest cleverest things I've ever seen. You'll think I'm crazy, but several years ago I caught this "the office" thing on the ABC for a while, about 5 minutes into the start and for a few minutes I'm thinking who is this absolute mongrel boss in this doco, I twigged a little while later , but its so damn good the brilliance in the cast their art, and the setting up this and
Ricky and his mate who invented it, well they are genius'.
Chris Lillie is in that mould too, not as good though, but clever and cringe worthy.

As sad as it was, the scene with Oscar, Michael and the scarecrow was one of the funniest in the series for me. I was in hysterics for a long time after that...

Without a doubt. Michaels hysterical laughing...I had to pause it because it had me going.

_JC_

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NJ Devils

Really rated the latest ep. Seemed Will Ferrell was able to stretch out a bit more with Steve Carell gone. Massive lols at Darrells call about the chinese lessons, Dwights response to strong leadership and and Kevin's got me pegged.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory

I really enjoyed Michael's last few episodes. I thought they played it just right. A bit of emotion, but they didn't go overboard. Didn't care for Pam racing to the airport but Michael's last moments with Dwight and Jim were quite good, thought I thought Dwight's may have been a bit more emotional.

I don't know what to think about Ferrell's character. It's like they're trying to make him as weird as possible so we miss Michael. But I have been getting laughs out of him so I'll let it play out. By the way, does anyone else think they're setting him up to be the Stranton Strangler.

Back