Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Dustin Martin is playing better than both Judd and Selwood at the same stage of their careers.

He is everything you want in a footballer.

Mojo had Pendlebury at 12.

Even the "great Derek Hine" had Hampson at 11 if Nathan Brown was gone.

Hine admitted that in an interview after the 06 draft.

I stand corrected. Nevertheless, my main point stands, that sometimes expert rankings mean little in terms of how they will turn out. I heard a number of experts rank Pendlebury from 11-20. Now, we'd rank him 1-2 if not clear no.1. This criticism of Richmond by some (not everyone, just some) of "reaching" for Conca is silly. I remember Hurn was loved by all only to fall to 13, and many bigfooty folk were puzzled, thinking the eagles got a bargain. Turned out he was just a back flanker with a really good kick. The recruiters often know more than us, and sometimes, even they don't know. For the record Conca looks the goods so far. So I will wait.

Harsh on Ball who is still a terrific inside mid and leader who has been cruelled by injury.

Ball was AA as a 21 year old.

If Martin has Ball's run with injury, his career could follow a similar path.

We didn't see Walker's injury coming. :(

Nevetheless, he at a good side like Collingwood is playing good footy, but not great footy. He's not a long or great kick for instance and I don't think that's purely the injuries talking. Even fit I don't see him as damaging as say a Hodge, Judd, Pendlebury, Murphy, Ablett etc. But I take your point. With good injury records, these players should all have better careers than Ball at least. And I don't think either club should be too disappointed, if anything the biggest fear is Scully going to GWS and playing well there.

er, all this talk of Martin like his the second coming. & Cotchin the best talent in 30 years down at punt road? too funny they are semi decent young players but will never reach the heights of the elite you tiger fans are hoping for.
I think I can understand why the richmond crew get this excited considering the talent that has come through the doors over the years from the likes of Richie Tambling and Cleve Hughes to Craig Ednie and Rory Hilton.:D

er, all this talk of Martin like his the second coming. & Cotchin the best talent in 30 years down at punt road? too funny they are semi decent young players but will never reach the heights of the elite you tiger fans are hoping for.
I think I can understand why the richmond crew get this excited considering the talent that has come through the doors over the years from the likes of Richie Tambling and Cleve Hughes to Craig Ednie and Rory Hilton.:D

North supporters are probably the most objective on BF, collectively. Shame they have the likes of you to put up with.

er, all this talk of Martin like his the second coming.
Who said he was the second coming? Can you please post the threads that say that.

Interesting Dermi on the footy show today saying he is by far the strongest 19yo player he has ever seen play the game and is up there with Judd and Selwood at the same age.

Mojo had Pendlebury at 12.

Even the "great Derek Hine" had Hampson at 11 if Nathan Brown was gone.

Hine admitted that in an interview after the 06 draft.

Isn't that a tad premature?

Swallow, Day and Bennell could be the best top three once they come of age as footballers

No knocks on Martin who ticks all the boxes you want for a mid, but he was a ready made player with his build, skill and speed.

Harsh on Ball who is still a terrific inside mid and leader who has been cruelled by injury.

Ball was AA as a 21 year old.

If Martin has Ball's run with injury, his career could follow a similar path.

We didn't see Walker's injury coming. :(

How many have played a winless Brisbane side?

Or last year if he comes up against a player strong enough to hold him. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbZnIeTU8GQ

Martin does try to take them all on.

Gibbs got him twice in round one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AweMvnDkubA&feature=player_detailpage#t=40s

Cotchin's game has more subtlety and poise.

Looking forward to seeing this post look stupid in a year or two. Comparing Martin to Ball, please.

Cotchin has more poise:confused:, that is exactly what Cotchin is slightly lacking at the moment. Martin has had more poise than any player on the ground in our last two games.

All this directed at a club that rolled North last week. Of all the times to troll Richmond......:rolleyes:

And in case you hadn't noticed, not much talent has walked through the door over the last 25-30 years. Only a handful of AA players, Richo or Weightman being the pick of them.

So far today you've said Swallow and Harvey are both better than any mid at Richmond and Lachie Hansen is better than every defender at Richmond. And now Dustin Martin will never be elite despite him being one of the best second year players in the last 10 years at least. Quit trolling.

All this directed at a club that rolled North last week. Of all the times to troll Richmond......:rolleyes:

And in case you hadn't noticed, not much talent has walked through the door over the last 25-30 years. Only a handful of AA players, Richo or Weightman being the pick of them.

So far today you've said Swallow and Harvey are both better than any mid at Richmond and Lachie Hansen is better than every defender at Richmond. And now Dustin Martin will never be elite despite him being one of the best second year players in the last 10 years at least. Quit trolling.

So because of last week I cant comment on anything Richmond?
Yes I have noticed the garbage coming through punt road the past 30 years.

How am I trolling? What I have pointed out is clearly fact. Who is better than both Swallow and Harvey at Richmond? Newman? LOL
& Hansen would be your best defender by far, just look at your key defenders..Rance? I even get nervous for you guys every time he has the ball. Grimes? Somebody teach the kid to mark. Mcguane? the guy has been in the system for a while now and still looks like a twig.

So Martin plays 2 decent games in a row and his one of the best second year players in the past 10 years? :rolleyes: Ill wait till the seasons over and expect him to struggle when he gets a tag and runs out of steam in a few weeks.

So Martin plays 2 decent games in a row and his one of the best second year players in the past 10 years? :rolleyes: Ill wait till the seasons over and expect him to struggle when he gets a tag and runs out of steam in a few weeks.

Martin is good, but he is clearly no Cunnington :rolleyes:

How am I trolling? What I have pointed out is clearly fact. Who is better than both Swallow and Harvey at Richmond? Newman? LOL
& Hansen would be your best defender by far, just look at your key defenders..Rance? I even get nervous for you guys every time he has the ball. Grimes? Somebody teach the kid to mark. Mcguane? the guy has been in the system for a while now and still looks like a twig.

Martin, easy answer really. Oh, and Jack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just had a look at your short posting history and the only points you've made are:

-Martin is overated. Kicks cheap goals and will never be elite.
-Cloke is s**t. Hansen will overtake him within 2 years.
-Hansen is also a very good defender.
-Reimers is a douche.
-Armitage at pick 9 - lol.
-After North's win this weekend you are still backing them to make the 8 (might have been top 4)

And who at Richmond is better than Swallow or Harvey?

Based on this years form Riewoldt and Martin definitely and perhaps Cotchin and Deledio.

By decent you mean BOG?

He's been good all year mate.:eek:

And i'll ask you to name some players now. Which players have been as good as Dusty in their second year? I'll give you Judd and Selwood. Who else?

I just had a look at your short posting history and the only points you've made are:

-Martin is overated. Kicks cheap goals and will never be elite.
-Cloke is s**t. Hansen will overtake him within 2 years.
-Hansen is also a very good defender.
-Reimers is a douche.
-Armitage at pick 9 - lol.
-After North's win this weekend you are still backing them to make the 8 (might have been top 4)

And who at Richmond is better than Swallow or Harvey?

Based on this years form Riewoldt and Martin definitely and perhaps Cotchin and Deledio.

By decent you mean BOG?

He's been good all year mate.:eek:

And i'll ask you to name some players now. Which players have been as good as Dusty in their second year? I'll give you Judd and Selwood. Who else?

Well done young chap stalking my previous work, yet looking over those posts I cant see what is wrong? They all have a element of the truth in them, but I love your work twisting my words, I never called Cloke "s**t".

Oh and off the top of my head, Players that have had better second years compared to your lovechild Martin. Grimes, Dangerfield, Rioli, Ward & Hill. Bastinac would of done the job this year but injury put a stop to that. Thats just off the top of my head, Im sure I could find a fair few more, oh and 2 solid games dont make a season, still a long time left in 2011.

Well done young chap stalking my previous work, yet looking over those posts I cant see what is wrong? They all have a element of the truth in them, but I love your work twisting my words, I never called Cloke "s**t".

Oh and off the top of my head, Players that have had better second years compared to your lovechild Martin. Grimes, Dangerfield, Rioli, Ward & Hill. Bastinac would of done the job this year but injury put a stop to that. Thats just off the top of my head, Im sure I could find a fair few more, oh and 2 solid games dont make a season, still a long time left in 2011.

Oh wow.:eek:

Dangerfield now, in his 4th year still isn't as good as Martin. Let alone 2nd.
Grimes, currently also in his 4th year, is still not as good as Martin.
Ward no. And again, is Ward even better than Martin now?
Hill no.
Rioli maybe.

As for Bastinac, what do you base this opinion on? The fact that he was worse than Martin last year and now Martin has exploded?

Wells, Hansen, Ziebell, all very underwhelming at the moment, you've got nothing to brag about. :D

I would like to chip in that Martin dominated against St Kilda, and his goals weren't cheap or flimsy in anyway. That's three games he would be considered for Brownlow votes in. Not bad at all.

Wells, Hansen, Ziebell, all very underwhelming at the moment, you've got nothing to brag about. :D
Wells I can agree on, the bloke should of been traded last year. Hansen was getting his confidence back before the injury against Port, I have faith in him and believe he will come good as a defender. Ziebell was a gun before injury, he just lacks the fitness, hopefully will not go down the same path as Coughlan after his injuries.

At North Melbourne we don't feel the need to brag about the little signs of improvement from our youngsters, though you lot need it to survive watching a team that contains rubbish like Nahas, White, Miller, Edwards and big lanky Angus.

Oh wow.:eek:

Dangerfield now, in his 4th year still isn't as good as Martin. Let alone 2nd.
Grimes, currently also in his 4th year, is still not as good as Martin.
Ward no. And again, is Ward even better than Martin now?
Hill no.
Rioli maybe.

As for Bastinac, what do you base this opinion on? The fact that he was worse than Martin last year and now Martin has exploded?

I was talking about their second years & Bastinac is a gun have you even watched him play? Hill no? Rioli maybe? err need to wake up champ.

though you lot need it to survive watching a team that contains rubbish like Nahas, White, Miller, Edwards and big lanky Angus.

Though these guys might not be getting an AA anytime soon, they have improved quite significantly compared to last year, minus possibly Edwards who has had a slow start to the year coming off an injury interrupted pre-season.

Nahas has been amongst our best in the last few weeks. White has played his best footy since coming to the club as a defensive fwd and Miller is doing his job providing another option up fwd to help Jack. Angus although not the most agile ruck going round, he's still able to win taps and is one of the best tackling ruckmen in the league.

Hardly "rubbish" IMO.

Though these guys might not be getting an AA anytime soon, they have improved quite significantly compared to last year, minus possibly Edwards who has had a slow start to the year coming off an injury interrupted pre-season.

Nahas has been amongst our best in the last few weeks. White has played his best footy since coming to the club as a defensive fwd and Miller is doing his job providing another option up fwd to help Jack. Angus although not the most agile ruck going round, he's still able to win taps and is one of the best tackling ruckmen in the league.

Hardly "rubbish" IMO.
Do you really believe these boys will take you to your first finals spot in 10 years? Let alone a flag? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back