Dustin Martin

bigricho12

Debutant
Jul 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Watched the game last night along with our loss last week and the season opener.

So as a second yr player he was voted best on (or close to) in 2 of the 3 games.

No matter, to compare Martin in a negative way to lower tier prospects like Bastinac, Hill and Ward is just ignorant.

Moby1

Debutant
Feb 8, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its only Mobys second year as a troll, so far its reasonable to say its been a fail. Delist at the end of the year.
Calling somebody a troll because you cant handle the cold truth is just poor form, you should be dropped to the reserves.

Moby1

Debutant
Feb 8, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So as a second yr player he was voted best on (or close to) in 2 of the 3 games.

No matter, to compare Martin in a negative way to lower tier prospects like Bastinac, Hill and Ward is just ignorant.
To call Hill, Bastinac and Ward lower-tier is just trolling.

May 16, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
THIRTEEN AND CLOSING
Do you really believe these boys will take you to your first finals spot in 10 years? Let alone a flag? :rolleyes:

Not saying they can't but we don't have many other players that can fill their roll ATM. This is our second year into our rebuild since Dimma has come in, we still have a couple drafts/trades to fill in the gaps. Quite happy with the output they've produced so far.

Back on topic. Martin is awesome. :cool:

Had 959m gained against the Lions.

There is not an afl expert on this planet that would put Bastinac, Ward or Hill on the same level as Martin right now.

notsureifserious, hill is a fantastic prospect

and ward and bastinac are both very talented young players

bigricho12

Debutant
Jul 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Which level of players is Martin at then?

I think he is above anybody within his age bracket at this point.

Dangerfield has shown signs, Fyfe is legit, Trengove is a future captain, Scully can be West like, etc.

Bastinac is below guys like Mitch Duncan at this point, his problem (other than being injured) is that he is not elite in any area, but very good in many.

As for Hill, he needs to get more of the ball before he can be deemed in the same bracket as Martin.

May 16, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
THIRTEEN AND CLOSING
Nahas' is one of our best for applying pressure to players, he gut runs his ass off.

White has been quite good as a defensive fwd (kept Yarran to 4 touches) whilst still hitting the scoreboard.

Miller, yea he is a pretty bad kick at goal but that's not what he's in the side for, he's there to take pressure off Jack and Vickery which he is doing.

Graham, again will never be amongst the best rucks, though he wins his fair share of taps (currently 3rd) and is one of the leading tacklers for rucks. He hasn't even played 50 games yet he's practically carrying our ruck duties.

Thing is i am not expecting these guys to lead us to a premiership, they are in the team to do a job and at least they are showing that they can perform said job. They aren't rubbish but they aren't stars either, they play their part and are doing it well ATM.

:thumbsu:

bluekidjoe

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ok so Tigers need to improve for him because right now he is Judd of 2003 (as previously mentioned).
If Richmond can win enough games next year then he can pocket a Charlie in his 3rd year like the great one did, and then the next 10 years of watching him on show with that midfield will be something I'm not used to from Punt Rd.

nikolasmia

Senior List
Sep 3, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Not too concerned on what other think of Martin, couldnt care less really.

IMHO is the best player I have seen wear the yellow sash in 30 years.

Its going to be a privelage to watch him forge his magnificent career. The scary thing is he is just going to get better. Amazing to think he moved the ball forward almost a kilometre on Saturday night. Just gets better with every game.

Carry on

wobblypunt

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2006
Brissy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Ipswich Town,Ajax, FCTwente, L-pool
Could a Richmond supporter tell me what he was like last year? I had him in my Fox Sports fantasy team and he was killing it, but i didn't watch any Richmond games so can't gauge his ability.

I can clearly see he is the best young player in the comp from performances this year though. Didn't he have a 30+ possession, 3 or 4 goal performance last week or the week before? That is a dream performance from a 25 year old superstar like Judd or Ablett, let alone a 20ish player in a team without the world's best supporting cast (with all due respect). :thumbsu:

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Just another decent game overated by Richmond Fans (Oh and pretty much every professional football pundit), luckily we have the more learned among us (Dees and Norf Supporters) to show us all the error of our ways and explain why his unbelievable form is some sort of mystical illusion.

camiam

All Australian
Jul 2, 2010
Niddrie
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah... na.... definitely rubbish.

You've a couple of top draft picks... at one "level"... then a mighty drop in levels to some of the biggest trash on the AFL scene. Over rate them all you like.....

Martin stands up like a real man and doesnt headbutt a bloke in the guts to win a **** weak free kick against an undermanned North coming back from Perth.... you may have lost.

Put Brown into a forward line-less Brissie and you most likely would have lost. Seriously over rating your side and your "depth" players. Saints have shown nothing. And the other 2 losses have been by huge margins.

ok you pay that against martin and we will still would of wonn. you pay a free kick like that, then you have to pay every other free kick witch wasnt given. richmond have been robbed by ridiculous free kicks and reports, witch shouldnt have been reported. we have had a s**t end of the stick and if anything we deserved that. karma!!! mate clearly if you cant see how good martin is then you must have s**t smeared in your eyes!

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Could a Richmond supporter tell me what he was like last year? I had him in my Fox Sports fantasy team and he was killing it, but i didn't watch any Richmond games so can't gauge his ability.

I can clearly see he is the best young player in the comp from performances this year though. Didn't he have a 30+ possession, 3 or 4 goal performance last week or the week before? That is a dream performance from a 25 year old superstar like Judd or Ablett, let alone a 20ish player in a team without the world's best supporting cast (with all due respect). :thumbsu:

He was great last year. I'm sure he averaged around 20-25 disposals, played most of the matches and would have won the rising star if he wasn't ineligible.

This year he's stepped it up. He's kicking more goals, he's assisting more, covering more ground, making a bigger overall impact on the result. It's very exciting.

Back