Awesome movies thread III 🎥 🎦 📽

Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
"The Girl who played with fire" is an intersting movie. Not as good as the first one, but OK. Looking forward to seeing the next installment, "The girl who kicked the hornets nest". Have high hopes for this.

Salaryman

Nels ****ing Cline
10k Posts
Oct 11, 2004
San Sebastien Pls
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory
After the result was fate acomplis at half time I watched Chinatown with Mrs Splendini.....10/10, after the first 30 mins every second can be savoured.....gritty as all **** and big Jack is at the top of his game.....reminded me of why I had it in my top 5 films of all time. The script by Towne is silkier than Yazza.....As close to 120 mins of celluloid perfection as you will get

lionel_luthor

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 23, 2011
Smallville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mel Heart, Leeds Utd
New Hangover 2 trailer is out, it is going to be a corker and Alan is going to steal every scene again lol

lionel_luthor

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 23, 2011
Smallville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mel Heart, Leeds Utd
Just watched Get him to the Greek, bloody hilarious and oddly moving, Rusty Brand is an underrated actor

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Russell Brand's Arthur Remake:Reinventing the Funny Drunk

How to portray Arthur's bourbon-at-breakfast habit posed a bigger challenge. In keeping with current norms—and to keep a PG-13 rating—Mr. Baynham worked in an Alcoholics Anonymous angle, walking a line between a "leaden" moral message and making light of substance abuse. In addition, a soused Arthur is always chauffeured. In the original, Dudley Moore pilots his Rolls while slugging from a brown bag. Had such a scene survived in the remake, Mr. Brezner says, "We would have been guilty of every accusation that Mothers Against Drunk Driving has ever made."

Russell Brand's Arthur Remake:Reinventing the Funny Drunk

All we need is the Hollywood remake of Trainspotting with Ryan Phillippe or Ryan Reynolds as Rents. :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]rtTVquZ2TFk[/YOUTUBE]

Jan 11, 2010
Everywhere
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Anyone hanging out for Sucker Punch?

I personally can't wait for it, reviews have been shite but that's not the reason I'm gonna be watching it. Schoolgirls in crazy action sequences = major win in my eyes (I myself attend school so no pedo). :thumbsu:

Emily Browning....

*mouth waters*

CrippsonBlue

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Rarely do I rent 2 movies for the night without at least 1 being fairly average.

However recently saw 'Red' & 'Wild Target' which I thought were both excellent.

Bill Nighy is always great, I rate Emily Blunt, can see her becoming pretty big, and Rupert Grint is the only actor from the 3 Harry Potter stars I can see having a lasting career.

One thing that really let down 'Red' though:

*spoiler*
What is up with Joe getting killed? There was no build up to it, no emotion could be drawn from it, and it seemed to serve no purpose. Was just weird after they already did the whole 'surprise' thing of him not getting killed, and when everyone else lived anyway I was thinking wtf. Only thing that wrecked the movie imo

Stickler

Debutant
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
The Way Back - see it. Really good film, story, acting and cinematography.

I'm only 37 but sadly I find it very hard to stay awake during a film at night :confused:- frustrates the crap out of my wife. I easily got through this one even though it's 133 mins long:thumbsu:

CrippsonBlue

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm only 37 but sadly I find it very hard to stay awake during a film at night :confused:- frustrates the crap out of my wife. I easily got through this one even though it's 133 mins long:thumbsu:

Whenever I do this, I always feel obliged to declare as honestly as I can that I am not going to fall asleep, 5 minutes before it happens. Usually takes at least half hour for my wife to notice - she can't stand it.

Always attempt the save, but can never master the adequate amount of attention I should be displaying when in that sudden awoken state. Usually go into enthusiasm overdrive.

lionel_luthor

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 23, 2011
Smallville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mel Heart, Leeds Utd
Watched Thor which despite Natalie Portman's typically wooden acting, was excellent .... Predictable plot but done in style. I do not know why Portman keeps getting into big movies, she is the same shallow and limited actress that appeared in The Phantom Menace

Salaryman

Nels ****ing Cline
10k Posts
Oct 11, 2004
San Sebastien Pls
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory
The Spanish film festival usually throws out a real treat or two every year...

The Last Circus is topping my list of must sees this year (one for Subby I reckon):

With evil clowns I can picture Alpha lining up to see it as well :D

[YOUTUBE]R_7VpRutKPw[/YOUTUBE]

What's the Spanish word for Tarantino? :thumbsu:

Also saw Cell 211 the other night, which was an excellent prison riot film with a twist, and can be found in the usual places

Jan 11, 2010
Everywhere
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It's been a while since I've seen Spiderman and when I saw the trilogy for sale in JB for cheap I felt like I needed it...

I don't think I've actually sat down and watched the 2nd and 3rd ones ever though. Number 1 is still as good as I remember it, number 3 is meant to be the s**t one, yeah?

lionel_luthor

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 23, 2011
Smallville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mel Heart, Leeds Utd
Can't wait for Man of Steel, which hopefully isgnores the horrible Superman Returns. Michael Shannon is General Zod, Zod's always been a more interesting and worthy foe than Lex, in the 80's Superman films Terrance Stamp's Zod scared me far more than Gene Hackman's ham turn as Lex. The director of Dark Knight is doing this pic as well, but I don't think it will be as dark as the Batman reboot film, Superman is a far more optimstic character than Bats, whose got a massive chip on his shoulder, understanably so

Salaryman

Nels ****ing Cline
10k Posts
Oct 11, 2004
San Sebastien Pls
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory
I quite liked it, the only average bits were Ryan Kwanten's rockyesque facial expressions and the way they played the music when Jimmy went into the pub.

That pub scene lost me.....went from a good atmospheric Aussie take on the western to wannabe Tarantino romp

Back