Random things on your mind.. (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
raced the final little bit of my drive home from work so I could hear Gillards address about Bin Laden's death. I was watching and it just occured to me how much I dont respect her as a leader. Later on I saw clips of Howard from 9/11 and the present day and the difference just stood out like dogs balls.

I know Howard was not everyones cup of tea but he was a leader, Gillard doesnt give me the same impression and I fear that if s**t was to hit the fan here she would be found wanting.

Just watching the game plan on One HD.....how fat is Scott Cummings now?

He is ****ing huge, he was always a big boy when he played but he has really ballooned out and been in a fair old paddock.

He is massive now. He should be going on the Biggest Loswer with Darren Jarman. Saying that, DJ does look to have lost a bit of weight.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20917911#post20917911

I actually haven't laughed so hard than reading this thread on the Port board about "coming home"

they have some seriously delusional supporters who are even more confused about Port Power and it's History than I thought.

They're going home to an oval that they don't own and have no rights too...basedon some flags that their modern suporter isn't going to remember.

it's bay 13 stuff in reverse.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20917911#post20917911

I actually haven't laughed so hard than reading this thread on the Port board about "coming home"

they have some seriously delusional supporters who are even more confused about Port Power and it's History than I thought.

They're going home to an oval that they don't own and have no rights too...basedon some flags that their modern suporter isn't going to remember.

it's bay 13 stuff in reverse.

Their delusion is as extreme as ever.

It actually scares me especailly from the normal trolls of bay 13.

freaking amazing.

Would love someone to photoshop a complex like we have at
Aami and put it in the new AO plans and make it look as though it is the real deal...Can you imagine the outcry...Epic comedy

Seriously I am cursed when it comes to airports. When I came back from German in 2006 I got caught up in that powder scare at Adelaide Airport = 6 hour wait stuck in customs room, last night coming back from Melbourne, massive power failure in the QANTAS part of the domestic terminal which affected Jetstar as well. Only just managed to end up on my flight in the end after lining up for 2 hours to get my bag checked onto the plane!

Just watching the Brisbane Vs Gold Coast game on Fox, Matthew Campbell ( i think it was him) said that a few people are leaving. Gold Coast Suns were leading by 10 points at the time, therefore, I can only suggest that this happens to every club. People level early for numerious reasons.

I didn't want to find the thread and post it but i think it needed to be said. The commentators do highlight other crowds leaving early, not just the crowds in South Australia.

Get over it people. :thumbsu:

Has anyone else noticed that the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers are both playing in Melbourne this weekend?

Fremantle played Richmond at the MCG last night and today the WCE are playing Essendon at the Dome. :eek:

Has this ever happened before and is this going to happe to our 2 clubs this year. Or will it happen in reverce, 2 AFL games (outside of finals) in Adelaide in the same weekend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the game plan on One HD.....how fat is Scott Cummings now?

He is ****ing huge, he was always a big boy when he played but he has really ballooned out and been in a fair old paddock.

If they ever make the Family Guy movie, Scotty's got the Peter Griffen role hands-down.

Just watching the Brisbane Vs Gold Coast game on Fox, Matthew Campbell ( i think it was him) said that a few people are leaving. Gold Coast Suns were leading by 10 points at the time, therefore, I can only suggest that this happens to every club. People level early for numerious reasons.

I didn't want to find the thread and post it but i think it needed to be said. The commentators do highlight other crowds leaving early, not just the crowds in South Australia.

Get over it people. :thumbsu:

Although the AO develoment is stuff of silly idiots the congestion leaving Footy park at the same time as everyone else (although with our poor crowds that is not so much an issue) can be frustrating and slow, They tell me the buses are shocking as they end quite soon after a game and are limited in there destinations.
Makes it easy to deduct why people leave before the end (not that it really matters)

Do people honestly believe this cost of living pressure rubbish? "people are doing it tough", "barely getting by"

Every single piece of statistical information that is published blows this rubbish theory apart. We are better off now than we have ever been.

As that very loved and famous Labor pollie said, cost of living is just code for keeping up with the joneses. Greed.

Do people honestly believe this cost of living pressure rubbish? "people are doing it tough", "barely getting by"

Every single piece of statistical information that is published blows this rubbish theory apart. We are better off now than we have ever been.

As that very loved and famous Labor pollie said, cost of living is just code for keeping up with the joneses. Greed.
You ignorant jerk you need to get out of your ivory tower and join the real world.
You need to spend some time volunteering with charities and see how bad things really are out there.

You ignorant jerk you need to get out of your ivory tower and join the real world.
You need to spend some time volunteering with charities and see how bad things really are out there.
I forgot people have never struggled before. In the real world there is only 5% unemployment, good wage growth & relatively average inflation. People are always going to struggle, people will always fall through the cracks, but to use that as the launching pad for ' were all doing it tough' is just wrong. Most, as in 99% of Australians are doing better now then ever before.

In the majority of circumstances, it's a case of people making poor financial choices that result in them 'doing it tough'.

The Bank SA ad that's on atm which shows young homeowners bored because they have a mortgage really shits me. In the 18 months I've had my house (and the associated mortgage), I've been able to not only live with a small amount of savings, but I've been able to go interstate 3 times (flying all three times) with a further three trips planned for the next 15 months. Yes, sacrifices need to be made at times (last week I had to decline a wedding invitation in Hobart for next month), but if you spend and save wisely, you can still live a comfortable lifestyle with a mortgage even on a modest income (and without a credit card - which I cancelled and just arranged a debit card when I knew I was going to go for a mortgage).

Having said that, lecturing and judging people on their poor financial choices is not the solution. People need to be educated on how to manage their finances properly.

Exactly. Many Australians have infact slashed their personal debt in the last few years. We're doing it tough!

Exactly. Many Australians have infact slashed their personal debt in the last few years. We're doing it tough!

That always happens in downturns as confidence drops. But still We will have real per capita GDP growth this year and unemployment is low. Long story short the average person in Australia is still getting wealthier and is better off than they were a year ago. The whole "doing it tough" thing is spread by the media and has become a bit of a fad for marketing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back