NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 8 Tips

Lions (Thunder can't win without Palipuaminni)
Aspley
Southport (Have Redlands ever won at Southport)
Mt Gravatt

does any one rate dayne zorrko from broad beach heard great things about him if there true why did he not get drafted

does any one rate dayne zorko from broad beach heard great things about him if there true why did he not get drafted

Very good player capable of playing at AFL level, there are players better than those on AFL lists missed all the time, it is a combination of trying to rate players at 17 yo and opportunity.

New coach maybe lions,vultures assistant coach as of this year who was ass coach at Redlands last year

I reckon Nipper and Penguin would have more self respect - 2 great blokes with good footy heads treated poorly. They are smarter than that.

Chris David might be the man. Trav Johnstone is injured maybe a way to earn his keep. Blood a young Patty Garner - he has a real clue. Bring back Russ Harding. Apparently the cash is good. Have another crack at Blairy - might take it this time. Mark Holman, Grentell. Would jarrod Thorpe resurface - a few false starts. Rabbit Ryan from Yeronga, club stalwart Paul O'Brien still loves his footy, the Brittian Bros must be floating around somewhere, Shane Morrison might want to start his coaching career. Plenty of options out there.

Who do Labrador have injured - good call.
What is Zorko doing - is it really a Hammy?
Will the Eagle fly this week?
Can Southport win enough to stay of the bottom?
Can Redlands galvanise from here?
Are the Panthers back - only 1 win away from being in the thick of it?
Thunder are the best
Vultures - have they played anybody?
Aspley - mature or lucky?
Lions awaiting injuries and shortages?
GC - bigger list bigger concern?

This concept is interesting if nothing else - exciting times 7 rds in.[/quote]

is Birdbet running a book on who will coach Redland next year? or is anyone prepared to take a shot at posting the odds?

Premiership Five Spoon
NT Thunder 2.5 1.02 201
Mt Gravatt 4.5 1.2 41
Gold Coast 5.5 1.25 31
Brisbane 7 1.5 17
Labrador 8 2 9
Redland 10 2.1 6.5
Aspley 13 2.4 5.5
Broadbeach 14 2.6 5.5
Morningside 21 2.8 4
Southport 34 5 2

Gold Coast Premiership 3.6
Brisbane Premiership 2.6
NT Premiership 2.5

Southport 2 Redland 1.75 -5.5
Aspley 1.65 Morningside 2.2 -13.5
Broadbeach 2.6 Mt Gravatt 1.45 -19.5
Brisbane 2.1 NT 1.7 -7.5

North Adelaide 1.18 Labrador 4.5 -37.5

Betting this week:

Redland head to head @ $1.75, 4 units
Morningside +13.5 @ 1.90, 1.5 units
Broadbeach +19.5 @ 1.90, 0.5 units
Northern Territory -7.5 @ 1.90, 3 units

My guess at the state squad- I wrote down 30 + 3 AFL Rookies-who knows how many the selectors will choose.

MT G- Grose, Vearing, C.Smith, Gilliland and Proud. (5 players)
NT- Tyrell, Tapp, Rosier, C. Illett, Tangultum,Vallejo (6)
Redlands- Carse, Charlesworth, Pullman, Manzone (4)
Morningside- Spackman, Kinch and Brown (3)
Aspley- Toye, Bevan, Shir, Copeland (4)
Broadbeach- Zorko, Geary, Fife (3)
Labrador- Grayson, Davey, White, Clarke (4)
Southport- Payne (1)
Suns- Magin, Crawford (if available) (2)
Lions- McCauley (if available) (1)

It will be interesting to see how many I get right.

I have to admit that I can't understand the Matt Francis thing, as they are 1 game out of 4th place, and a couple of their losses were narrow. Hardly time for panic. But who knows, maybe the senior players were unhappy or he had a blue with the board, as you wouldn't think that just on field performances would justify a change of coach. Interesting to see how they respond.

My tips:

Southport to beat Redlands in an upset by 3 goals to celebrate their 50 years
Broadbeach to beat Mt Gravatt in a close one by 2 goals to celebrate 40 years
NT too good for the Lions by 7 goals
Aspley in excellent form to defeat Morningside by 6 goals.

My guess at the state squad- I wrote down 30 + 3 AFL Rookies-who knows how many the selectors will choose.

Southport- Payne (1)

Not to sure how Redlands and Labrador could get 4 in. Morningside 3 in and you can only find 3 for Broadbeach. Surely Eagle plays forward with Ewing..? nice combination with some smart crumbers underneath.. Is Clarke at Labrador going as well this year as last year...?

Not to sure how Redlands and Labrador could get 4 in. Morningside 3 in and you can only find 3 for Broadbeach. Surely Eagle plays forward with Ewing..? nice combination with some smart crumbers underneath.. Is Clarke at Labrador going as well this year as last year...?

Wise will be capt.

Good luck to Labrador in Adel.It was a good experience with Panthers start of year.Players will get a lot out of it.Hope you get into yr hotel rooms before the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wise will be capt.

Chikka: agree that wise will be in the team. Watched him play on Sunday and thought hew was in the best 3 or 4 on the ground (even though he had 3 kicked on him). Once in a better side with better players around he will be hard to stop.

Chikka: agree that wise will be in the team. Watched him play on Sunday and thought hew was in the best 3 or 4 on the ground (even though he had 3 kicked on him). Once in a better side with better players around he will be hard to stop.

i dont think Southport are that bad just the comp is tight, except for NT at the MOMENT not much difference between the other teams, fantastic:footy:

Southport- Payne (1)

It will be interesting to see how many I get right.

I have to admit that I can't understand the Matt Francis thing, as they are 1 game out of 4th place, and a couple of their losses were narrow. Hardly time for panic. But who knows, maybe the senior players were unhappy or he had a blue with the board, as you wouldn't think that just on field performances would justify a change of coach. Interesting to see how they respond.

My tips:

Southport to beat Redlands in an upset by 3 goals to celebrate their 50 years
Broadbeach to beat Mt Gravatt in a close one by 2 goals to celebrate 40 years
NT too good for the Lions by 7 goals
Aspley in excellent form to defeat Morningside by 6 goals.

My Tips

Southport
Broady
NT
Mside

Redlands to win a physical low scoring affair by 10
Morningside to lead start to finish winning by 7 in another low scoring match
Broadbeach to knock off Mt Gravatt by 15
Northern Territory to beat Brisbane by 30
North Adelaide to beat Labrador by 60

Southport to win a physical low scoring affair by 10
Morningside to lead start to finish winning by 7 in another low scoring match
Broadbeach to knock off Mt Gravatt by 15
Northern Territory to beat Brisbane by 30
North Adelaide to beat Labrador by 60

Morningside
NT
Broady
Redlands.Sharks to slow and old

Teams up on NEAFL.com.au, check it out.

No Macauley for Lions leaves them pretty weak in the ruck this week. McCullogh set to hold those duties. Guys like Raines, Collier, Hawksley, Polec, Harvey, Beams, Cornelius, Karnezis makes it a tricky assignment none the less. Whilst I back Thunder for the win, shouldnt be a blowout.

Looking at the Sharks team, they do look very weak compared to past seasons. A few guys in that team who would be in reserves at any other club. I change my pick to Bombers here, on paper they look quite solid and will be fired up for a win despite Sharks 50th year celebrations.

Aspley/Morningside look evenly matched but am taking Siders simply for their experience and Hornets being due for a loss.

Cats/Vultures arguably game of the week. Some big ins for the Cats with Eagle/Rolfe etc but will it be enough?

Also interesting to note Daniel Stewart dropped from the Power lineup is back into the North Adelaide side @ Full Forward against his other old club Labrador Tigers. Im sure a game he will get up for.

Teams up on NEAFL.com.au, check it out.

No Macauley for Lions leaves them pretty weak in the ruck this week. McCullogh set to hold those duties. Guys like Raines, Collier, Hawksley, Polec, Harvey, Beams, Cornelius, Karnezis makes it a tricky assignment none the less. Whilst I back Thunder for the win, shouldnt be a blowout.

Looking at the Sharks team, they do look very weak compared to past seasons. A few guys in that team who would be in reserves at any other club. I change my pick to Bombers here, on paper they look quite solid and will be fired up for a win despite Sharks 50th year celebrations.

Aspley/Morningside look evenly matched but am taking Siders simply for their experience and Hornets being due for a loss.

Cats/Vultures arguably game of the week. Some big ins for the Cats with Eagle/Rolfe etc but will it be enough?

Also interesting to note Daniel Stewart dropped from the Power lineup is back into the North Adelaide side @ Full Forward against his other old club Labrador Tigers. Im sure a game he will get up for.

Tips for this week.Chance to get nil as all games 50/50.

Panthers
Broadbeach,only as they at home.
Lions.Sherwoods ground may be to small for Nt
Sharks.Good clubs bounce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back