TSL players who could play AFL..

ThaJFactor

Rookie
Apr 17, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Which TSL players do you think could make the grade in the big league??..

Who do you think should have been given a crack, but never got the chance??..

Thats what I have created this thread for..

Gary Shipton would have to be one which I think could have an impact in the AFL, but at 29, I think he has missed the boat.. There are probably better players out there, but to perform with the consistancy as he has during his career speaks volumes for the "what if's"..

Who are your picks and what are your thoughts??..

willS11

Draftee
May 4, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
What about Jaye Bowden? He has such good skills and is a true athlete.
If he got drafted to the AFL 3 years ago when he should have, he would be a big young player coming through the AFL today!

Bugz

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jeremy Howe makes his debut this week, another tick for the TSL as a stepping stone to the AFL. Webberley amongst Coburg's best every week, too.

Should also be interesting to see how the Mariners go Vs Vic on the weekend. One of the better sides in years, apparently.

moocher82

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2008
tassie
AFL Club
Geelong
Which TSL players do you think could make the grade in the big league??..

Who do you think should have been given a crack, but never got the chance??..

Thats what I have created this thread for..

Gary Shipton would have to be one which I think could have an impact in the AFL, but at 29, I think he has missed the boat.. There are probably better players out there, but to perform with the consistancy as he has during his career speaks volumes for the "what if's"..

Who are your picks and what are your thoughts??..
Massive step between this league and the big time and making it at AFL Level requires a fair bit more than playing consistently at this level which is by the way, nowhere near the Old Statewide league

cooee bulldog

Senior List
Oct 18, 2008
Parklands
AFL Club
Richmond
Massive step between this league and the big time and making it at AFL Level requires a fair bit more than playing consistently at this level which is by the way, nowhere near the Old Statewide league

How so moocher? Always tough comparing eras. I'm not necessarily disagreeing, however, I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Tambo30

Debutant
Sep 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Did Dogga grab Murph from the Wynyard reserves to play Devils or was that Cresswell ?

Rohan Baldock would get picked up this year if he could straighten his kicking out. Has had twice as many shots on goal as Finch playing in a side no where near as strong.

cooee bulldog

Senior List
Oct 18, 2008
Parklands
AFL Club
Richmond
Rohan Baldock would get picked up this year if he could straighten his kicking out. Has had twice as many shots on goal as Finch playing in a side no where near as strong.

Wouldn't have thought so. Getting drafted is no easy feat. What position would he play at AFL level? HFF? Don't think so... Jeremy Howe is taller, more explosive and athletic than Baldy and you would classify those two in a similar category (position wise).

winged

Debutant
Aug 11, 2010
Penguin
AFL Club
Gold Coast
yes he did get suspended... but i can tell you for fact he wouldnt have made it anyway. dogga was never going to pick him in final 22

Murphy was different and had a bit of front and Dogga didn't like it. Players have different characteristics. They should be selected on football ability. If so Murph should of got a game.

mightymick

Debutant
Aug 27, 2010
brnie
AFL Club
Adelaide

Rohan Baldock has as much chance of getting drafted as James "The KFC King" Wiggins does.

moocher82

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2008
tassie
AFL Club
Geelong
So your saying that the TSL Medel leading Vote getter, Is a dud????
No way, Murph is an outstanding player and his suspension last year was absolute crap.Was interesting at the time thats all.He covers a massive amount of ground and racks them up, a great exponent of playing behind the ball, would have him in my side every day of the week, dont know about his ability on a construction site though :thumbsu:

moocher82

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2008
tassie
AFL Club
Geelong
Rohan Baldock has as much chance of getting drafted as James "The KFC King" Wiggins does.
I tell ya what, a league club could do worse then rookie list Baldock.He is young enough and a superb contested mark as well as being quick at ground level.His kicking has improved and will only get better.He is a better player than Jarrod Garth and Todd Grima who both got rookied as forwards from the Mariners to Geelong and how well would he go at a better level-very.He is a footy head and sucks everything in to learn and better himself.Certainly going well thus far this year and good on him as it would have been easy to go back to Wynyard,Somerset or South Burnie bit did not want to be a big fish in a small pond.Kicked 4 for both the NTFL combined side and the Tas Under 23 ,s last year so he can go the next level, would have to give up 8 ball and his membership at Greens but :)

COAST TO COAST

Debutant
Nov 18, 2008
Latrobe
AFL Club
St Kilda
I tell ya what, a league club could do worse then rookie list Baldock.He is young enough and a superb contested mark as well as being quick at ground level.His kicking has improved and will only get better.He is a better player than Jarrod Garth and Todd Grima who both got rookied as forwards from the Mariners to Geelong and how well would he go at a better level-very.He is a footy head and sucks everything in to learn and better himself.Certainly going well thus far this year and good on him as it would have been easy to go back to Wynyard,Somerset or South Burnie bit did not want to be a big fish in a small pond.Kicked 4 for both the NTFL combined side and the Tas Under 23 ,s last year so he can go the next level, would have to give up 8 ball and his membership at Greens but :)

Goodluck getting him away from Greens Hotel VIP membership and red carpet rolled out for him every week, if Jeremy Howe made it no reason Buckets cant make it beautiful contested mark, needs Laycock to stop giving him goalkicking tips and he would kick more than 4 a week

moocher82

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2008
tassie
AFL Club
Geelong
Goodluck getting him away from Greens Hotel VIP membership and red carpet rolled out for him every week, if Jeremy Howe made it no reason Buckets cant make it beautiful contested mark, needs Laycock to stop giving him goalkicking tips and he would kick more than 4 a week
Doosh needs to go back to his goalkicking coach from Somerset,only one of the twin towers still standing at the moment:thumbsu:

cooee bulldog

Senior List
Oct 18, 2008
Parklands
AFL Club
Richmond

Howe has explosive pace, being more athletic and taller than Baldock. Not sure whether he has the work rate and running capacity either. What position could he play at AFL? Half forward flank? Imagine back flankers running off him...

Having said this, Baldy has plenty of footy to play, but AFL is a little unrealistic. How old is Baldy anyway? 20? Jackson O'brien would have to be the best 20 year old getting around - by a long way! Or am I missing anyone of note?

Back