Roadkill

Debutant
Sep 9, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United
Re: NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Intersting this.Will doctor and Thunder coach who is Qld ass coach choose state over club and vice versa with players who are after a break.NT that far in front they can afford to rotate tired players in lead up to finals.

Who cares if they don't want to play for the state then so be it.

They travel enough as it is.

Next you'll be questioning why Walton did not get in the state squad as it sounds like you are in love with him!!!!!!!

staminade

Senior List
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle

Has the wooden spoon landed at Southport yet?

Lionsfor3

Rookie
Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Not yet. Finals are more than long gone but still have a chance to get off the bottom.

Lifes a Beach

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2009
Gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rnd 9 results

staminade 3 (29)
pointer 2 (28)
stuyd 3 (28)
2010premier 2 (27)
maurie 2 (27)
Lifes a Beach 3 (26)
Footyfanatic1 3 (26)
BigE 1 (25)
Chikka ferguson 3 (25)
Morphous 3 (25)
Speedyunit 1 (21)
Thunderdoc 2 (18)

bballscout 2

Snorkle

Senior List
Sep 18, 2009
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rnd 9 results

staminade 3 (29)
pointer 2 (28)
stuyd 3 (28)
2010premier 2 (27)
maurie 2 (27)
Lifes a Beach 3 (26)
Footyfanatic1 3 (26)
BigE 1 (25)
Chikka ferguson 3 (25)
Morphous 3 (25)
Speedyunit 1 (21)
Thunderdoc 2 (18)

Nearly half way through the season and the 5 looks like it is taking shape, although even now it seems 9th place Aspley and 8th place Lions could could make it dependent on some very interesting games too come, NT Thunder look like the team to beat with at least 1 home final if not 2. Vultures look pretty safe at the moment but with the Sunny boys, the Boys from Redland Bay, along with the Cats, Tigers and Sidders all gaining mid year momentum second to fifth for any side is not a given, the Sharks are the only side who may miss out unless Normy can weave his magic of yesteryear and bring them home on full power to sneak into 5th but at present that is looking doubtful - bring on the second half of the season it looks like being the best year in Qld footy yet.

footyfanatic1

Senior List
Jun 21, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thinking back 12 months and Southport were in a similar position to NT. Slot can change both in the second half of the season and beyond. I can't see the Thunder following the same path though.

It is hard to confidently pick who will finish where, from 2-9, even Southport have some hope if they can get some players back (Hughes, Wade Mills) and some momentum. I reckon it will come down to injuries and winning the tight games.

Redlands are starting to look ominous for mine.

Blackdog32

Senior List
Apr 27, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Thinking back 12 months and Southport were in a similar position to NT. Slot can change both in the second half of the season and beyond. I can't see the Thunder following the same path though.

It is hard to confidently pick who will finish where, from 2-9, even Southport have some hope if they can get some players back (Hughes, Wade Mills) and some momentum. I reckon it will come down to injuries and winning the tight games.

Redlands are starting to look ominous for mine.

Did many of the Thunder players, play in the summer league this season? That could be a weakness in a long tough season. No point being may champions. They do look the goods though.

The state squad looks really strong, there will be some good players cut, when the final team is decided.

Southport have had a massive fall from grace. If my memory serves me correctly there was an article somewhere last year quoting someone saying 'the current Southport side was the best in their history', may have been a little premature.

I've only seen a few games this season but the evenness is evident judging from results and some of the comments on here. I'm not an Aspley person, but i am glad the Aspley bashing has ceased, they are going along okay.

staminade

Senior List
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will Vultures have something special in store for x player Thompson who jumped ship to Aspley when they clash on Sat?Apparentally rested in 2s last week.Might head up from coast to watch it

pointer

Debutant
Feb 11, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Geelong
Did many of the Thunder players, play in the summer league this season? That could be a weakness in a long tough season. No point being may champions. They do look the goods though.

The state squad looks really strong, there will be some good players cut, when the final team is decided.

Southport have had a massive fall from grace. If my memory serves me correctly there was an article somewhere last year quoting someone saying 'the current Southport side was the best in their history', may have been a little premature.

I've only seen a few games this season but the evenness is evident judging from results and some of the comments on here. I'm not an Aspley person, but i am glad the Aspley bashing has ceased, they are going along okay.

Hey Black dog you are right on the money NT coming off there season look the goods but how will they go towards the end of the season especially if the have a few injuries. The rest look relatively close the lions last week looked very good but the tigers overcame them, have their early season injuries been over come?? Only time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 14, 2008
Oxenford
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jamie Sheahan
Date of birth: 11/8/90
Height: 178cm
Weight: 73kg
Club: Murray Bushrangers/Assumption College

Perko says 182cm

James Brain
Position Ruck - Midfield
D.O.B. April 4, 1990
Height 181 cms
Recruited North Albury

Perko says 187cm

Full name Robert Copeland
Height 187 cm (6 ft 2 in)

Perko says 190cm

Perko - what do you measure your players with??????

Take more care please

An example of 3 and how far off you are

staminade

Senior List
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jamie Sheahan
Date of birth: 11/8/90
Height: 178cm
Weight: 73kg
Club: Murray Bushrangers/Assumption College

Perko says 182cm

James Brain
Position Ruck - Midfield
D.O.B. April 4, 1990
Height 181 cms
Recruited North Albury

Perko says 187cm

Full name Robert Copeland
Height 187 cm (6 ft 2 in)

Perko says 190cm

Perko - what do you measure your players with??????

Take more care please

An example of 3 and how far off you are

Wha does this mean?

Lifes a Beach

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2009
Gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Round 10

Bris Lions Res v Syd Swans Res
GWS Giants v GC Suns Res
Aspley v Mt Gravatt
Redland v NT Thunder at TIO stadium
Southport v Broadbeach
Morningside v Labrador

staminade

Senior List
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Swans
GWS
Aspley
NT
Broady
Mside

Swans to end Lions season
Suns
Vultures to end Aspleys season
NT
Panthers by a point.Toss of coin.Panthers season finished as bad %age if they lose.Tipped them as at home.
Broadbeach in a close one.Can't tip Sharks as they have no scoring power

Back