bballscout

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Claremont vs Bullants at the Gold Coast?

what the ****?

I guess to keep it an even matchup. If it was in Perth or Melbourne, would heavily favour the home team and a likely win. Having it at Gold Coast keeps it neutral. None the less I am personally happy its here as I get to go watch what should be a quality match. Who are the players to look out for from Claremont?

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I guess to keep it an even matchup. If it was in Perth or Melbourne, would heavily favour the home team and a likely win. Having it at Gold Coast keeps it neutral. None the less I am personally happy its here as I get to go watch what should be a quality match. Who are the players to look out for from Claremont?

Claremont are a very good team though I doubt they will bring their full strength squad to this match.
Being off the boil in the last two games with losses to West Perth (but the Falcons have won the first 8) and more concerning to my mob East Fremantle.

Richardson for Claremont is a very good forward who should be considered as a mature age recruit for an AFL team. Claremont also have many AFL listed players who may be playing as well as former players like Chad Jones.

Jones is a good state league full forward.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Presumably Fox have decided its cheaper to fly the teams to the Gold Coast than to pay for crew and equipment to be set up elsewhere. Its the same reason, though larger scale, while local grounds weren't used. (Except Bellerive.)

Wouldn't there have been a game at Subiaco though?

Or at least one at Etihad?

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Into Round 2!

Second Round

QF1 - May 28th - NT Thunder v East Perth Royals (TIO Stadium, Darwin)
QF2 - June 4th - Williamstown v West Adelaide (AAMI Stadium or City Mazda Stadium, Adelaide)
QF3 - June 11th - Claremont v Northern Bullants (Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast)
QF4 - June 18th - Port Adelaide v North Adelaide (Adelaide Oval, Adelaide )

Third Round

SF1 - July 9th - Winner (QF1) v Winner (QF2)
SF2 - July 16th - Winner (QF3) v Winner (QF4)

Fourth Round

GF - August 6th - Wiiner (SF1) v Winner (SF2)

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Claremont by 36 over the Bullants sets up a semi final match with one of the two adelaide teams who play off next week. With East Perth playing Williamstown in the other semi, it looks very much like a possible all WAFL final could be the go.

Second Round

Won by East Perth (6 pts)
Foxtel LIVE coverage rating: 29,000
QF2 - June 4th - Williamstown v West Adelaide (AAMI Stadium, Adelaide)
Won by Williamstown (19 pts)
Foxtel LIVE coverage rating: not yet available
Won by Claremont (36 pts)
Foxtel coverage rating: not yet available
Won by Port Adelaide (16 pts)

Third Round

SF1 - July 9th - East Perth v Williamstown (Etihad Stadium, 5pm)
Won by Williamstown (71 pts)
SF2 - July 16th - Claremont v Port Adelaide (Pattersons Stadium, 3pm))

Fourth Round

GF - August 6th - Williamstown v Winner (SF2)

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Was too busy this last week to do anything but heres the result

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/17333/Default.aspx#fixtureid=5732&tab=Recap
Port Adelaide now progress to the semi-finals of the inaugural Foxtel Cup, where they will meet Claremont. That game is on July 16 at Patersons Stadium, a week after the first semi-final between Williamstown and East Perth at Etihad Stadium.

Port Adelaide 3.1 4.3 7.4 9.6 (60)
North Adelaide 2.2 5.3 6.5 6.8 (44)

GOALS
Port Adelaide: Lokan 4, Harris 2, Banner, Harder, Rose
North Adelaide: Boras 3, Backwell, Starke, Young

BEST
Port Adelaide: Banner, Harder, Slattery, Harris, Lokan, Gray
North Adelaide: Backwell, Bennett, Thring, Boras, Handby

INJURIES:
Port Adelaide: Nil
North Adelaide: Nil

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Not a bad effort from North when it's the worst team we've fielded since at least the Darel Hart years.

That fella Backwell is quality though. I could be wrong but I think he helped SA cut WA to shreds in a state game at Freo oval a few years back.

That fella Backwell is quality though. I could be wrong but I think he helped SA cut WA to shreds in a state game at Freo oval a few years back.
Great in his day, but at the moments he's a regular in our reserves team.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/118170/default.aspx

Williamstown will play the winner of Claremont and Port Adelaide in the Foxtel Cup Grand Final on August 6.

Williamstown 6.4 10.5 13.5 16.7 (103)
East Perth 0.2 1.3 2.7 4.8 (32)

Goals
Williamstown: Veszpremi 4, Cravino 2, Minson 2, Goodes 2 Addison, Johnson, Hahn, Howard, Tutt, Johannisen
East Perth: Smith 2, Shepheard

Best
Williamstown: Addison, Veszpremi, Liberatore, Minson, Davies, Johnson, Goodes
East Perth: Smith, Shepheard, MacCaulay, Chartres, Clutterbuck, Moss, Sweet

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Second Round

Won by East Perth (6 pts)
Foxtel LIVE coverage rating: 29,000
QF2 - June 4th - Williamstown v West Adelaide (AAMI Stadium, Adelaide)
Won by Williamstown (19 pts)
Foxtel LIVE coverage rating: not yet available
Won by Claremont (36 pts)
Foxtel coverage rating: not yet available
Won by Port Adelaide (16 pts)

Third Round

SF1 - July 9th - East Perth v Williamstown (Etihad Stadium, 5pm)
Won by Williamstown (71 pts)
SF2 - July 16th - Claremont v Port Adelaide (Pattersons Stadium, 3pm))

Fourth Round

GF - August 6th - Williamstown v Winner (SF2)

Williamstown keep 2 WAFL teams to 50 combined
West Adealide score 77 vs them

Interesting.

Two Wafl teams who have been shite this year and have their arses parked at the foot of the WAFL ladder.Claremont wiped their arses with Nth Bullants and even East Perth (Who sit in second last on the ladder in the WAFL) beat Nth Ballarat.Who have the SANFL clubs beaten? Ainslie:eek:,East Coast Eagles:rolleyes:,Labrador:p.The Williamstown v Westies scoreline flattered the Bloods (Who only made the scoreline less embarrassing in junk time) and Nth Adelaide beat Port Adelaide (And who doesn't be it AFL or SANFL? At least it guaranteed a SANFL side made it to the semi finals).Once Claremont cruise past Port, they will beat Willy and then West Perth can claim to be the best state league team in the land.:D.Now that would be interesting.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Two Wafl teams who have been shite this year and have their arses parked at the foot of the WAFL ladder.Claremont wiped their arses with Nth Bullants and even East Perth (Who sit in second last on the ladder in the WAFL) beat Nth Ballarat.Who have the SANFL clubs beaten? Ainslie:eek:,East Coast Eagles:rolleyes:,Labrador:p.The Williamstown v Westies scoreline flattered the Bloods (Who only made the scoreline less embarrassing in junk time) and Nth Adelaide beat Port Adelaide (And who doesn't be it AFL or SANFL? At least it guaranteed a SANFL side made it to the semi finals).Once Claremont cruise past Port, they will beat Willy and then West Perth can claim to be the best state league team in the land.:D.Now that would be interesting.

But East Fremantle will win the WAFL premiership, after Pavlich, Kennedy, Kerr, McPharlin and Griffin get dropped.

But East Fremantle will win the WAFL premiership, after Pavlich, Kennedy, Kerr, McPharlin and Griffin get dropped.

Geez.How many AFL listed players do you guys want running out for you week after week? No matter, you'll still be weak as piss.

Back