Foxtel Cup Fixtures

Remove this Banner Ad

As many as Claremont have every week.

Yeah the AFL players can be a bit of a double edged sword really.
Great when they're on song but you can't build a whole game plan around them as you never really know when they are going to be there or not. Then form comes into it as well. If they come back to WAFL level in indifferent form they can be a liability especially if they push a player in good form out of your team because an AFL club/coach wants their player in your league side.
We may have more AFL listed players on the list at Claremont but I'd argue the ones at East Freo and West Perth are at least as good quality even though fewer in number.

As far as this whole league cup thing is concerned. It's kind of meaningless as the best SA clubs aren't in it.
I have found it awesome to watch Claremont playing on the national stage but there is no reason to get too carried away with it all.
Availability of AFL listed players has also made this comp a bit more complicated too. Claremont went up against the Bullants which to my understanding are Carltons reserves team and they did it with very few AFL listed players from memory too. Should we get past Port in a week or so then we have to face Williamstown who I think are the Western Bulldogs reserves team and have some very handy players.

I have my doubts about this on Claremonts current form, even though we seemed to find some drive and desperation late in the game against West Perth. We have some injury concerns too.

Yeah the AFL players can be a bit of a double edged sword really.
Great when they're on song but you can't build a whole game plan around them as you never really know when they are going to be there or not. Then form comes into it as well. If they come back to WAFL level in indifferent form they can be a liability especially if they push a player in good form out of your team because an AFL club/coach wants their player in your league side.
We may have more AFL listed players on the list at Claremont but I'd argue the ones at East Freo and West Perth are at least as good quality even though fewer in number.

As far as this whole league cup thing is concerned. It's kind of meaningless as the best SA clubs aren't in it.
I have found it awesome to watch Claremont playing on the national stage but there is no reason to get too carried away with it all.
Availability of AFL listed players has also made this comp a bit more complicated too. Claremont went up against the Bullants which to my understanding are Carltons reserves team and they did it with very few AFL listed players from memory too. Should we get past Port in a week or so then we have to face Williamstown who I think are the Western Bulldogs reserves team and have some very handy players.

I have my doubts about this on Claremonts current form, even though we seemed to find some drive and desperation late in the game against West Perth. We have some injury concerns too.

Yeah, I'm taking the piss.
I mean, if East Fremantle had Sandilands, Kerr, Kennedy and Pavlich playing then we'd have a premiership chance. Obviously however, if they were playing WAFL then they would either be in horrible form or injured. So it's a pipe dream.

I saw the West Perth v Claremont game on ABC and both teams seem a level above the rest. Claremont will be a lot better when Chad Jones returns to the lineup and I hope they can beat Port Adelaide and if they make it, Williamstown.

Well Claremont came away with the win in the end.
Can't say their performance filled me with that much confidence though.
We kinda stopped in the second qtr and didn't really get going again until about half way through the third.
After that we basically did enough to win.

After a bad start Port did their best to get back into it and really put in a good effort all day.

There weren't that many fans at the ground, maye 3-4 hundred, of that number maybe a hundred were Port supporters and my my did they make a racket. Very passionate supporters the like of which I haven't seen in a long time.....say since watching WAFL games back in the early 80's.
Kudos Port people.

The umpiring was mystifying as usual and unfortunately one of our boys went down after copping a knock to the knee. I sure hope it isn't too serious.

It would have been a lot more interesting had Claremont not had so many AFL listed players out there, or maybe if the higher ranked SANFL teams had have decided to join this comp, but whaddoIknow......

Williamstown will end up walking away with this, and so they should, with anywhere from 10 to 15 Western Bulldogs listed players trotting out for them every game - even when they're out of form at AFL level, AFL players still often dominate lower league games through superior fitness and training if nothing else.

Quote in First quarter (From me)
"Finally we're showing some of last years form! Thank god for the Foxtel Cup!"

Last Quarter
"Back the the Claremont of 2011. F*ck you Foxtel Cup."

Anyway, I look forward to AUGUST 6 AT PATERSONS STADIUM. Hopefully we can walk away with at least one piece of silverware this year (if not 2 ;))

GO TIGERS!!

Williamstown will end up walking away with this, and so they should, with anywhere from 10 to 15 Western Bulldogs listed players trotting out for them every game - even when they're out of form at AFL level, AFL players still often dominate lower league games through superior fitness and training if nothing else.

Possibly, but the Bullants had a shitload of Carlton players out there when Claremont flogged them. Combined with the travel to Perth and I reckon it's going to be a close game.

The shame is that Claremont are the WAFL representative. Nothing against their team, but they've got the smallest supporter base in the league, and it's hard to see more than a couple of thousand or so rocking up at most. Hope i'm wrong, if i'm not doing anything i'll see if I can get there for the game. Be good to see the media get behind the game a bit as well. To date the comp has really had no profile at all.

Yeah I'd go as far as to say that only a few hundred Claremont supporters will show up unfortunately.
We've just never had a big supporter base.
Had West Perth been in this comp, or South Freo, then you'd get a good crowd.

East Perth have a bye that day - so I will make the effort to be there, although I don't know how easy a ticket will be to come by.

In fact I think 3 clubs have a bye from memory - so a good chance for some neutrals to come have a look - again if tickets ...

East Perth have a bye that day - so I will make the effort to be there, although I don't know how easy a ticket will be to come by.

In fact I think 3 clubs have a bye from memory - so a good chance for some neutrals to come have a look - again if tickets ...

Is it possible to buy tickets for just this game and not for the AFL match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back