Random discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I need to buy a lawn mower. The new casa has lawns, which is a pain in the arse. when Gohawks comes around with a load of bricks, I'll rip it up but until then, well, need to get myself something that cuts grass. Anyone have any suggestions. Obviously don't want to drop much moolah on the mower.

Just head to bunnings mate, no matter what the brand of the mower itself just look at the engine. No more than $250 if I was you.

I can tell you mowers these days could not cut my grass in Phillip Island, I have an ancient rusted mower there and it does the job!

Otherwise, get a 2nd hard one of ebay or gumtree.

Don't buy a mower if you're only going to put bricks in soon. Either borrow a neighbour's or just kill the grass now

Don't buy a mower if you're only going to put bricks in soon. Either borrow a neighbour's or just kill the grass now

I totally get what you're pitchin'.

I need to buy a lawn mower. The new casa has lawns, which is a pain in the arse. when Gohawks comes around with a load of bricks, I'll rip it up but until then, well, need to get myself something that cuts grass. Anyone have any suggestions. Obviously don't want to drop much moolah on the mower.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Marketing Guru meets Financial Expert = Ecological Disaster!!!

Do you blokes ever remember running under the sprinkler as kids on the lawn?

It's one of life's great passages - something that your kids will remember for ever, and you haven't got the water restrictions that I face.

However, if you are going to persevere with this folly, I recommend buying a good whipper snipper - STIHL is the best - you'll pay plenty but you will be well in front in the long run (and you will need to use it long term).

Either that, or get someone in.

My Blood Oath

Hi Guys,

Yarra Junction is currently leading the country section of the TAC's My Blood Oath Campaign. Its worth $30,000 for the club. I played all my footy there.

The comp closes at 12:00 tonight, and its down to a race of two, Corio and Yarra Junction. No other team will get enough votes, so if you haven't already taken the oath for your own team, consider taking it for Yarra Junction.

Its done through facebook, so if you have facebook, click on the link below, then choose Take the Oath from the menu on the left (Computer only, not phone) and help my old club

http://www.facebook.com/MyBloodOath

Thanks

Bards

Getting someone in has crossed my mind. But I have noticed that it's barely growing in this weather, except in two patches, which look like some sort of uranium isotope has played a part. Interesting this lawn thing.

Ah, mowing. There's that description of the suburbs on a Saturday in a Tim Winton book, something like, 'the smell of freshly mown dog turds'.

I'm ambivalent about Tim Winton.

Great writer but the subject matter bores the chi outta me.

I'm not a huge fan. Like Martin Amiss, I respect how he writes, but I often find the stories leave me wanting more. But that description has stuck with me for 20 years, I reckon. Growing up in the inner eastern burbs of Melbourne, that's a beautifully written insight of a Saturday morning I ca relate to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read this little joke on a basketball forum I frequent. They were discussing the lockout in a mostly informative and polite manner. The sort of stuff you'd never see on our politics board.

Anyway:

A CEO, a tea party member, and a teacher are all sitting at a table when a plate with a dozen cookies arrives. Before anyone else can make a move, the CEO reaches out to rake in eleven of the cookies. When the other two look at him in surprise, the CEO locks eyes with the tea party member. "You better watch him," the executive says with a nod toward the teacher. "He wants a piece of your cookie."

Little rant to highlight that Melbournes water storage has now reached 60% and rising! Great decision to spend billions of taxpayer dollars on a desal plant next to my beach house that is way over budget and will not be sending seawater to our houses on schedule. Screw you aqua sure and screw you John brumby. :thumbsdown:

Little rant to highlight that Melbournes water storage has now reached 60% and rising! Great decision to spend billions of taxpayer dollars on a desal plant next to my beach house that is way over budget and will not be sending seawater to our houses on schedule. Screw you aqua sure and screw you John brumby. :thumbsdown:

Turn it up GH. Your fooling no-one with you little rant.

The enviromental angle your taking is nothing more than you being concern about the effect the desal plant will have on your property price.

This people, is coming from a man who would rather have a concrete front yard than a nice green lawn!

Youve been found out once again mate..

Turn it up GH. Your fooling no-one with you little rant.

The enviromental angle your taking is nothing more than you being concern about the effect the desal plant will have on your property price.

This people, is coming from a man who would rather have a concrete front yard than a nice green lawn!

Youve been found out once again mate..

Environmental, see if I care, you donot know the extent of the payments made to keep this thing going. BTW Harry there was not a environmental impact study done and you are quite aware that I have the details of the deal done, it is outrageous.

I have no concrete, they are pavers, and I have plenty of lawn, with a water tank.

There are alternatives you know, like a dam that rimes with our 2008 premiership captain. :D

Readers Digest ultimate puzzle book 2

Gday guys, just wondering if anyone could help me out.

An american actors name from the letters;
W.E.B.C.I.R.U.S.I.L.L

Thanks guys.....

Environmental, see if I care, you donot know the extent of the payments made to keep this thing going. BTW Harry there was not a environmental impact study done and you are quite aware that I have the details of the deal done, it is outrageous.

I have no concrete, they are pavers, and I have plenty of lawn, with a water tank.

There are alternatives you know, like a dam that rimes with our 2008 premiership captain. :D

My mother-in-law worked on part of the project for the government.

Let's say she was disgusted by it, and the whole process, and said during the consultancy phase, 'the whole project is extremely flawed'. She also went onto say that the power that this thing sucks up is monumental, and that we'd all be paying for it for a very long time. Some devil in the contract's detail about the state being obliged to pay a certain amount per year for 30 years even if the thing is never used.

On a connected note: I'm reading this whole 'we're on a retail strike' thing and just shaking my head. The majority of Australians are poor; what was the middle class is now chained to mortgages and soaring bills. There is no 'extra money' for many people, and these people once had it.

I maybe a prophet of doom, or I may just be Cassandra, but I reckon we're standing on a precipicee right now. While people might be saving, the average debt profiles is way too high, especially since wages have nowhere near kept pace with fundamentals like mortgage payments, and the cost of living. It's not going to take much to bring the whole over-inflated house of cards down, especially since all our economic eggs are all in the very small mining basket. Interesting times ahead, I believe.

Also interested in your thoughts, GH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back