'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know those threads - someone just has a question and the only way to air it is to start a thread. Then that thread only gathers a handful of responses before falling off the board.

Well, that's what this thread is all about. Ask them questions that only need a single answer here. Or if you want to find out what Thorp is up to, perhaps pose the question here.

First thread here.

DrParrot

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Question on memberships... i currently have a general admission membership (the 3 game one) have had this for a couple of years... usually the annual birthday present from my uncles.

Have hit the age where im able to drive and am very keen to get down to melbourne a bit more and watch more games (3 and a bit hours each way so still not all games!) Looking at getting a silver membership next year as should the hawks make the grand final i may have a chance of getting tickets (realise they are not guaranteed but a gold membership is just overkill for my needs)... the regional package doesnt offer anything in regards to GF tickets so not looking at that as an option

my question relates to the seating though, it says reserved seating but what if i want to go with a friend? (most of my friends go for different teams which makes it hard!) does the reserved seating area allow for guests or would i just move to a different area, and would my membership be able to get me seats in another area?

Also if i buy my uncles memberships is there a way we could organise it so the reserved seats are next to each other??

Question on memberships... i currently have a general admission membership (the 3 game one) have had this for a couple of years... usually the annual birthday present from my uncles.

Have hit the age where im able to drive and am very keen to get down to melbourne a bit more and watch more games (3 and a bit hours each way so still not all games!) Looking at getting a silver membership next year as should the hawks make the grand final i may have a chance of getting tickets (realise they are not guaranteed but a gold membership is just overkill for my needs)... the regional package doesnt offer anything in regards to GF tickets so not looking at that as an option

my question relates to the seating though, it says reserved seating but what if i want to go with a friend? (most of my friends go for different teams which makes it hard!) does the reserved seating area allow for guests or would i just move to a different area, and would my membership be able to get me seats in another area?

Also if i buy my uncles memberships is there a way we could organise it so the reserved seats are next to each other??
If you wanted someone to come to a game with you, you could always sit in the General Admission seats with your membership cover, but unless you wanted to try your luck at sneaking them in to the reserved area, your reserve seat is for you alone, and other members will take up the seats around you (in some cases) unless it's a poorly attended game.

If you want to organise your reserved seating with someone else, contact the club.

If you bring a friend, they won't get into the membership area; you can sit in GA or use standing room.

When you renew, from memory you can specify another membership number to be seated with. Or you could call at renewal time and see if it is possible. Your uncle may have to move seats though.

Ok , ok ....ill start agian....
Are people happy that Mods can change a persons thread to make them look a certian way ? ( not that theres any thing wrong with that ).
Even SOME posters are trying too make the fact i like too see a good strong lower half ( Butt and thighs )as a indercation that im , well , you get it....you happy that people can say what they want with have'n too answer to it....????

I'm outraged. You should report that. And people should respect your lifestyle.

DrParrot

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks for the replys :) will contact the club early days next year to get something sorted.... not fussed with sitting in general admin for some matches if the uncles aren't going just wasnt sure how it all worked.

Watsclarkosmob

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is anyone else still waiting for a 88/89 replica guernsey...it's been almost three months now...just called and got the same answer I have every other time I've called "a few weeks". Grrrr

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
To answer my question from the thread part 1.

LSGuern.jpg

That's the first Hawk in a long sleeve jumper I can recall in recent history! - and it looks friggin awful, not a fan at all.

TNTre

All Australian
Apr 23, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm an interstate member and was wondering what the go was with ticketing for finals? Does my membership entitle me to any tickets to the the first final? Coming over for it so wondering how it all works.

Plus any good pubs nearby for drink before the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy Guy

So the hawks have f***ed us over again…
Jan 14, 2009
West Side
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Is anyone able to post me the link to the 2008 Grand Final Game Day Thread please?
I have searched but cant seem to find it.
Cheers BG

Anyone have an update on how Trent Stubbs is coming along with the Pies? He was highly touted by a few around here while at the Hawks.

There's a couple of excellent posters on the Pies board who would know. There names escape me though. You could drop Swooop or Quicky a PM (Piues mods), they're good blokes and would point you in the right direction.

I think Stubbs was injured for a fair chunk of the year and has been back playing the last 3-4 weeks. Dont quote me on that though...read it on BF somewhere a while ago.

Buckley loves this kid apparently and will persist eventhough he hasn't been too impressive so far.

Noting the above, looking through the List Management thread on the Collingwood board, many of the pundits there have him as a delisting candidate already, to maybe be re-rookied.

noticed the Fan Survey on the AFL site, there's a question to name the 3 things you dislike the most about the (on-field) game.

I wrote:
1. MRP
2. MRP
3. MRP

It will probably get thrown out as a crank answer, but if enough fans respond the same, maybe, just maybe...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back