Potential Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, it's insane what they've given away there!

One a little bit out of left field - Aaron Davey?

I wouldn't mind Nahas, but he'd have to come cheap; swap of fringe player like Symes?

All of our trading, unless it's for a gun mid, should be mid-range stuff. We aren't anywhere near needing to top up and sell the farm to get a player who'll put us in contention.

If we can keep our current group together and load up on gun young mids for the next two drafts, we'll be looking good.[/QUOTE]

Or do we look for quick fix options and trade in big name players like Griffin or Cooney and trade away any decent picks to get them. A bit like the Fremantle model from 10 years ago? Then we will be able to stay 8th to 14th for eternity

Or do we look for quick fix options and trade in big name players like Griffin or Cooney and trade away any decent picks to get them. A bit like the Fremantle model from 10 years ago? Then we will be able to stay 8th to 14th for eternity
Just because it doesn't work for one team doesn't mean it won't work for another...

Freddy, if we were top 4, I'd trade our first and second rounder for a Griff/Cooney in a heartbeat, but we're miles away from it.

I made the argument with the Voss stuff, they weren't in contention, if his trading had worked (instead of being a huge failure), it would've pushed them from being say, 8th on the ladder, to 6th; complete waste of time.

The Jolly trade is the best example - when you're close, you throw the sink at the missing piece of the puzzle.

We aren't close.

If Dangerfield wanted to leave & thats the only way adelaide will even look at trading him Nahas+Compo pick ?

People suggesting geelongs 1st pick & Varcoe are dreaming.
Geelong rate Varcoe very very highly & geelong very very rarely trade away 1st round picks unless they are desperate (ottens)

At their current level geelong are not desperate for mids & have a good lot of youngsters coming through with still 3-5 years left in their older guys.

If Dangerfield wanted to leave & thats the only way adelaide will even look at trading him Nahas+Compo pick ?

Geelong rate Varcoe very very highly & geelong very very rarely trade away 1st round picks unless they are desperate (ottens)

At their current level geelong are not desperate for mids & have a good lot of youngsters coming through with still 3-5 years left in their older guys.

To be fair mate - it was the Geelong poster who offered Varcoe plus their first for him. Some of our posters may however have happily agreed:p

To be fair mate - it was the Geelong poster who offered Varcoe plus their first for him. Some of our posters may however have happily agreed:p

Yes i know that mate & wasnt having a go at any crow supporters at all, in an ideal world everybody would play for the team they supported but doesnt happen :)

I think Varcoe is homesick, isn't he? Or is that just trotted out every couple of years?

Nahas/Compo wouldn't get it done mate - and I'm a Nahas fan.

We'd need a first rounder, at least better than what we paid for him, and probably something else.

Just testing the water`s or feeling`s on 2 names from our club for Trading

Mckay has been with us since 2006 and only played 60 games what would
his value be in trading

A straight swap (V.Berlo) for either HURN or EBERT

Is McKay any good?

I've been wondering why this has happened as he seems to be an alright outside ball user and a good runner.

Serious of leg injuries.

I personally rate him very highly, especially as he suits our needs, but he's found it had to gain consistent match form.

Unfortunately, you picked a pigheaded poster to base your judgement on. He was just trying to prove a point.

The players we are likely to delist are Rawlings (ret), Pratt, Mckinley and Lower. I expect we would also be open to trade offers for McIntosh, Garlett, Warren and possibly Urquhart.
You guys still not interested in Armstrong? You might start to see a bit more of him over the next few weeks...

A straight swap (V.Berlo) for either HURN or EBERT
VB isn't going anywhere. He's the team captain for Pete's sake...

Wouldn't object to seeing Mackay get traded though. He's too injury prone for my liking and has been a massive disappointment whenever he's been fit enough to play during the last 18 months.

Is McKay any good?

I've been wondering why this has happened as he seems to be an alright outside ball user and a good runner.

If he can stay fit, he'll be very good.

IF he can stay fit.

The talk of potential trade targets, apart from a couple of mid-range trades, do people have a list of specific needs we need to fill?

I can't really identify any that can be solved properly and quickly through trading.

Mackay would be good trade bait, but we need mids, so we'd be trading like for like, same with Douglas...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackay is one of our most important players, however he is quickly turning into one of those players who never gets on the park. If the right trade came up for him I'd look at it.

Dangerfield for Nahas + Compo pick is a joke, surely? I rate Nahas highly and think he has a place in our side, but we're talking about Dangerfield here.

Why is it he has fallen so low in the list? In his first season of football I thought he really stood out with his attack on the football and seem to remember people comparing him to Dangerfield in a way. Remember one game he was absolutely dominating until half time where he got injured and I think he wad done for the rest of the season...

To be honest I am not 100% sure. I think part of it has to do with Petrie not being around last year so we looked around for other options a lot more. He now has to come way out of goal to get any of the ball which isn't necessarily his fault.

Another problem has been the 3+1 bench, given we are trying to develop guys like Ziebell, Cunnington, etc who can't run out games we have used the forward flanks as an extended bench and we have pushed a lot more mids into the side than is probably realistic if you were competing for the flag. But, you would think that isn't a long-term view.

Norths midfield depth I would say. They have loaded up recently.

Yeah, the 3+1 change hasn't come at a great time for us, even though Ziebell is going well atm he is still playing sub 70% game time. When you have a few players in the same position it is hard to cope with just 3 on the pine.

Cunnington sounds even more appealing to me now that I've done some more research on the guy. Seems relatively attainable as well which is a plus.

North wont give up Cunnington. There is a reason why they keep drafting mids with there first round picks. Cunnington, Ziebel and Atley along with Swallow will keep there midfield strong for 10 years.

Greenwood and Bastinac as well, in theory it will give us a lot of potential depth but sometimes too many cooks spoil the broth. Have seen it with McIntosh/Goldstein. McIntosh goes down and Goldstein looks like he will come close to Gary Dempsey's ruck hitout record. He just wouldn't have the same opportunity if McIntosh was there.

I tend to agree, we wouldn't be interested in shopping him around but you can never be sure if a player thinks there is too much opposition for spots or not. Moran wanted to go because he was 4th cab off the rank for a ruck spot, Hale went for similar reasons. Gibson also walked because we were overloaded for medium defenders.

Thankfully, sides can carry a lot more mids/running players than other types so I hope none of them want to walk, a fair few have been sought by GC/GWS, so far none have opted to leave.

Valid point, that might be their plan. Mind you I don't rate Atley in your list of their potential midfield, the guy has no awareness.

I wouldn't say no awareness, he is just an 18 year old and in general I am not overly fond of skinny 18 year olds playing in the guts against solidly built experienced men.

Here is a brief highlight of a game where we got reamed against the Cats. He shows good awareness and evasiveness against a fair side. :p

[youtube]eJITt-9pSn0[/youtube]

I think Harper has also showed a lot of promise, also has some zip but his foot skills on either side are very good, atm Atley's kicking isn't quite up there.

I was staggered that Rendell didn't pick Atley when he was there. He loves tall excitement machines who can't kick.

I was staggered that Rendell didn't pick Atley when he was there. He loves tall excitement machines who can't kick.

lol yeah, his kicking isn't up to scratch but he has the right temperament to address it as opposed to some players who are not really prepared to put in the hard yards.

s**t I've never seen Atley play, but that is some really promising footage. He moves exactly like Ablett jnr does, turns on a 50cent piece aswell.

Looks really really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back