I just emailed this to Steven Trigg

Remove this Banner Ad

gundy said:
Are you a member or not? You say that you don't have the power to vote for the board which suggests that you are not a member but then you go on to speak on behalf of the members.

If you are not a member of the AFC join up and vote against the current board at the next AGM.

lol ;)

macca23 said:
To use Steven Trigg type vernacular, it's "interesting' that while Trigg is quite definitive and indignant that there was a process, nowhere but nowhere has anybody from the AFC, including him, tried to define to the public at large what that process was.

They may well believe that they followed an honourable process, but what it looks like to observers from the outside is a shoddy shallow half hearted attempt with an almost lack of respect for candidates other than Craig.

The club and Trigg could have done themselves an enormous favour by not thinking they were above transparency, and attempting to keep it's supporters informed of what that prosess actually was, and it's progress.

Triggy hasn't tried to justify Craig's appointment in front of much more highly credentialled and experienced coaches in any of his responses. However, I doubt that even Houdini could conjure up a plausible escape route in this instance.

P*ss poor

do you remember the mid 90's, the biggest critic of the Adelaide Crows was Steven Trigg , he (usually correctly) bagged the club every week and then one day - bang he's the media manager ( i'm not taking anything away from Trigg as i have a lot of respect and time for the man) but isnt it slightly concerning that the AFC would behave like that ?

or am i just way of the ball

tatts00 said:
Is anyone going to try and get on 5AA and express their (and many of our) views on the appointment of Neil Craig?
I think it will be very interesting listening today.
I considered it but I just don't have the energy to argue with a ravved up KG who will keep shouting down over everyone that disagrees with the Adelaide Football Club.

However, I nominate Bill as he did a fantastic job last time :D

Don't worry. There will be no shortage of outraged fans ringing up 5AA to have a go tonight, I'll give you the hot tip. ;)

tatts00 said:
I know what you mean Stiffy but someone has got to say something. Macca gave it to KG last time, how about round 2?
I have just had a bit of a heated debate with Triggy and I keep getting stock standard answers. I really can't be fcuked banging my head againt the brick wall.

To use a quote form Bad Boys 1 "This has been a sh|tty week":(

Stiffy_18 said:
I have just had a bit of a heated debate with Triggy and I keep getting stock standard answers. I really can't be fcuked banging my head againt the brick wall.

To use a quote form Bad Boys 1 "This has been a sh|tty week":(

So Macca it is then? :D

thoughts Macca?

I responded to Trigg's email with this.......

Firstly let me thank you for responding to my email this morning, I had not expected a response and it shows character and a willingness to listen to your supporters. While you obviously wouldn't agree with my points, I am happy with the fact that you at least listened to my point of view and responded.

To be honest, I have tried very hard to believe this was a fair and just process. It honestly makes me sick to my stomach being such a staunch supporter of this club to feel the need question the credibility and legitimacy of the process. I have raised some legitimate points that have occurred in relation to this process that appear to show some contradiction to the theory of it being an open unbiased process. I have presented some facts Mr Trigg and maybe it shouldn't be a case of saying DON'T QUESTION THE PROCESS maybe it should be asking the question of why are a majority of your supporters questioning the process? Even Graham Cornes is suspect of the process, so this certainly isn't just an isolated case of one person's beliefs.

Believe me when I say that I am also one of the many people who want this club to be as successful as it can possibly be. I have loved this club since 91, from the jubilation of the two premierships to lows of 94,95 and 96 its been a bit of a bumpy ride at times, but has been immensely enjoyable to me personally. Hence the reason why I wanted and am so emotional about the best available coach being appointed to the Adelaide Football Club to ensure the long term success of this team, both on field and off.

At the end of the day, the decision has been made rightly or wrongly and we (the supporters) have to make some decisions about how we intend to handle this situation, obviously not buying season tickets isn't going to help as many people are on the waiting list so it will not impact financially on the club. People have already discussed some type of protest action, whether it be by having signs at the football, email campaigns or by continuing to voice their opinions and disapproval on 5AA in relation to the decision. I personally invite you stop by on the Adelaide Football Club forum on www.bigfooty.com or maybe listen in today on 5AA to hear what your supporters think, you would find that many are hurting at the moment. I also hope you don't dismiss this negative stigma as just being "a reaction to Adelaide's unsuccessful season" as this isn't the case, I personally would support and back the AFC 100% through a 0-22 season if the best possible person was there coaching the club.

As for Rucci I agree 100% that he appear to have his own personal anti-AFC agenda, but at the end of the day if he is going to provide an avenue in the media for supporters in our quest towards providing the Adelaide Football Club with more accountability for its decisions then I am sure that many, including myself, will jump at the offer.

Certainly there are appear to be some very interesting times ahead and as I said before, I wish you and the club well in your endeavours in this time of what some people have labelled as "one of the darkest days for Adelaide supporters" and I hope you can win back the confidence of your supporters (myself included).

Thank you

A great email full of absolute truth. It was always going to be Neil Craig and the process was full of half cocked, half hearted crap to apease those who felt the club was doing it's damnedest to get "the best coach available".
No doubt Terry Wallace has some critics but to insult him by not having a red hot go is disgraceful to say the least, something I didn't think would happen at the AFC. Maybe time some of the 'jobs for the boys' were handed to some other persons. Football Manager, recruiting manager need an overhaul to say but 2 positions.
Wake up boys before it's too bloody late. Just how hard is it to work with John Reid anyway????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back