Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
And yet Johnson was getting high fives for shanking a kick OOF?

Something very wrong!

Usually when he shanks 'em he stands there pointing but because it was after the siren he couldn't point so ran around seeking high fives which was just as productive......

freocuz

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Outside the norm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Usually when he shanks 'em he stands there pointing but because it was after the siren he couldn't point so ran around seeking high fives which was just as productive......

Unlike when he kicked it into the third row from the point kick-in, and proceeded to guard the space 20 metres behind the man on the mark, all the while pointing behind him for someone to get into the goalsquare.

Surely we can convince Vossy to give us something for him.

bfff

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
My only vent is against the sh*tstain pie bitch sitting a few rows behind me.

The Collingwoooood chant with the emphasis on the wrong parts was slightly annoying but I concentrated on the game. The woo woos were high pitched and highly annoying but I gritted my teeth. What I couldn't stand for was her "another one bites the dust" comment after Faulks went down, so I turned around and challenged her on it. She claimed somebody else said it first and she was only repeating it and was quiet for about ten minutes after I gave her the death stare.

****ing ferals.

Heard something very similar. Young, female Collingwood supporter said "get him off the ground, this is boring, no-one cares about him anyway". I was going to have a go at her, but she was being crucified by the nice ladies that sit around me. She quickly changed her tune to, "I said, someone might care about him." Was a rather amusing incident despite the distasteful comment.

Oh and.....

AaaaaaargGgGGHGGGGGHhhhhjjjjjhhhhhhh! Balls. s**t **** stupid ****ing ****ball Dick always ****ing next ****ing s**t balls **** next ****ing **** year balls @#$%

Scossie

Senior List
Jun 13, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
My biggest gripe from last night... The Vic charged me TEN DOLLARS, TWENTY for a pint of TED's?!?!

FFS!!!!!

Chops_a_must

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
Des was pretty good at it.

I don't know...

Running through for high fives after registering about 11.5 on the shankometer is something straight out of the z grade amateurs training playbook.

I think that is one of the most blatant attempts at infuriating the membership base that I've ever seen. You can't even sledge that. It's just too funny in its own right.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Des was overrated, overpriced, just like Mitch Clark wanting 600 grand a year to play for another club.Better to keep going on the path we are already on, than try to buy a premiership.
Put the money to good use off the field in areas that will help us finish the season primed for finals, and delist, trade, the spuds if possible.
Better skills, coaching, etc and this year will be a distant memory.
Yes if we can trade for a decent player, without being screwed, go for it, ie
Bower, Lucas, Garlett, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 22, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
To be honest given the lack of personnel and the side the Pies were putting out there, everyone thought this would be a massacre. I think you can take some positives from the game this week as opposed to last weeks for next season, in terms of having a crack against stronger opposition. Daisy is in trouble though, and if he gets a reprimand we know the MRP are in Eddie's pocket.

agree..daisys was more blatant..and late.(not even the same as B.Waters on Watson,or ? who bumped Daisy earlier-reported?)
anyway,i dont get to watch freo much,but saw some of last nites match, and in no way being condescending - but given the amazing injury list(and growing each match),i reckon the players out there put up a good show-score aside-this was like your C-team,and they were solid,skills ok..certainly compared to our A-team last year..so when your best 22 are on deck,its a formidable team..maybe just one of those perfect storm seasons you have to endure..but if we have any hopes of a GF window next year,you guys will be a major challenge..to everybody.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
I don't know...

Running through for high fives after registering about 11.5 on the shankometer is something straight out of the z grade amateurs training playbook.

I think that is one of the most blatant attempts at infuriating the membership base that I've ever seen. You can't even sledge that. It's just too funny in its own right.

:thumbsu:

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nothing against Fasolo but I reckon I could play for Collingwood atm and snag the odd goal. It is far easier for a player to perform in a strong side than a middle of the road/ struggling side and there is a list of players as long as I wish my dick was to prove my point

Yes but you don't stay in the Collingwood side unless you do all the team things, run hard, hold your position, tackle like a maniac, close down space.
I watched him last night, running patterns, end to end, when it's his turn he goes, great finisher. Good solid player.
Obviously our recruiters rated Mitchie above him and we haven't seen Viv at the top level so it's not fair to compare, just saying we could have used someone with Fasolo's qualities and skill set. I know it's pointless revisionism but there isn't much else left to talk about now as a Freo fan :)

Cwood simply - outworked, outran, outskilled and outcoached us.

Our woes.... it is not player A or B, or Harves or the boot studder but a combination. Harvey obviously shoulders a significant portion of responsibility, as do a number of players.

The massive injury run has created issues but also opportunity. Not a lot have walked through that door, however on the flipside some have at least walked out.

How does Harvey and the list respond to this trouble? You back Harvey in for 2012 and you would think with a full list if we serve up a repeat of these weird arsed match ups and efforts - then he is in serious trouble.

Faisolo worked harder than 80% of our team. If we had recruited him and he played for us - I wonder if he would of matched that output?

longsuffreosupp

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2002
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't know...

I facepalmed massively when I saw that.

'Hey guyz, I worked more than I've ever worked to be close enough to take it upon myself to take that kick. I got closer than an under 12s player would've got, so give me five fellas'

strobe00

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Crowley is a great forward. I don't know why we haven't tried that one more often.

There was some good things that came out of tonight's game. Crowley finding a role in the team, is one of those.

No. Please god no. He's been played there before and done stuff all. He was supposed to tag Leon and Leon ended up playing a very good game.

I'd much rather Crowley find a role outside the team. Don't need him.

Waste of a spot. Trade him to GWS for anything they'll give us. Or anyone else that'd be interested (can't think of anyone that would be).

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
To be fair to MJ it looked like the other player put his hand up as he ran past. What's he supposed to do? Can't leave a brother hanging.

strobe00

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our clearance stats alone should prove that Pav should never play in the midfield again for any more than 5 minutes a quarter, and only every now and then. Never, ever, ever again as a full time mid.

Absolutely no frigging reason. Complete and utter waste of a season having him in there the whole time. Whoever's idea that one was needs to be hung out to dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back