Food, Drink & Dining Out Discontinued Food Items You Miss

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who have said Shaker Fries. They are back! McDonalds has brought back them and the McFeast. Think it is only for a limited time though :(

The ones that I miss from my school days are the Choo Choo Bar, Pink Panther and Toffee Apple bars. Think they were all made by the same company who made Redskins. Might be still around but I havent seen them since my younger days.
choo choo bars are still around! i had one a few weeks ago. the company who makes sherbert bombs brought the lisence to make choo choo bars a few years ago...

Toocan icy poles were the best. The ones with the two sticks so you could split it in half and share it...pfft...as if I ever did that. I split it in half though, it made me feel like I had TWO icy poles!

Muncheros. The commercial had these native indians run around singing this song "munch on muncheros, you gotta munch on muncheros. anyone remember them? Ive tried to youtube the commercial and google the product but its like they never even existed. Someone tell me Im not crazy

They were so tasty too. Was like a mix between CCs and grain waves. And the advert is still the best advert of all time. I reckon a bear went up to them and they go 'wouldnt you rather...munch on muncheros?' then they all start dancing around singing the song.

And yeah, its like theyve never existed before.

So many mentioned here bring back great memories, but the first in that springs to mind is the coffee scroll biscuit.

Had the pink icing bit on top. So many great childhood moments were spent with people long gone with these in hand.

The pink icing in the coffee scroll biscuit was the icing of god.

Didn't rate the biscuit much... Eating the outer, non-iced bit was just the bitter pill you had to take to enjoy that godly iced inner bit.

Toocan icy poles were the best. The ones with the two sticks so you could split it in half and share it...pfft...as if I ever did that. I split it in half though, it made me feel like I had TWO icy poles!
WHY would you discontinue them? They were the best. Everyone used to get them as well. Twin poles are pretty good, but it's not the same.

WHY would you discontinue them? They were the best. Everyone used to get them as well. Twin poles are pretty good, but it's not the same.
Yeah if you had a Twocan (I think that was the spelling, notice the pun) you were a popular guy!...well at least with one other person.

Tomato flavoured 2 Minute Noodles
Cherry Coke - loved this when it was available in AUS, but the US import seems to taste different?
Red Rock Deli Red Onion and Vintage Cheddar

Someone mentioned Tasty Jacks, which I also liked. There was also a brand (Samboy?) that included a sachet of extra flavouring. Not sure if it was a limited time thing, but it was awesome at the time.

Cherry Coke - loved this when it was available in AUS, but the US import seems to taste different?

You aren't imagining things. The Australian variant used cane sugar which tastes better than the high fructose corn syrup used in most American soft drinks.

Visa-Versas (I think thats how it was spelt)...

They were like a larger M&M except one was a dark shell with white chocolate on the inside and the other a white shell with dark chocolate on the inside in the one bag therefore the name....

I was addicted to these things I remember when I was about 10 I ate a whole bag in the one day (massive bag) and woke up at 1am with the worst stomach cramps in the world... but it was definitely worth it.

I think the were made by Nestle!

I worked at a large IT department in the '90s and there were 2 guys in charge of the big Tape silos. One was from Italy, and one from Tibet (definitely NOT China:D!). The guy from Tibet was black as the Ace of Spades.

They were always sorting out problems with the silos, and there was always one inside the machine, and one outside - we called them the Vice-Versas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boycott iced vo vo's! They changed from pink soft marshmallow to this hard yukky tasting icing s**t

Iced VoVos have never had marshmallow for as long as I can remember (I'm 32). I think you are thinking of a different biscuit.

DR Pepper, was s**t having to pay top dollar at the US/Chinese shops. Thankfully Coles have bought it back but only in can form, and still pretty pricey. Cant wait for the 2L bottles to make a come back.

The Original Cheeze `Um pringles. They have bought them back too, once again only at coles it seems, but not the same as the old ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back