If you were AD for a day

Remove this Banner Ad

As a homosexual, I would like a gay pride round. We have womens, Aboriginal yet nothing for the homosexuals in the community

Firstly I'd wake and have a big greezy breakfast...then head into the office.

I'd then proceed to summons Geischen, Anderson, the rules committee, MRP members to my office. And sack the lot of them on the spot.

Next thing on the agenda would be to hand my resignation to Fitzpatrick, and put my hand up for screwing the real fabric of our great game, and walk away, knowing that'll be in better hands, once I'm gone.

Then continue to eat lots of greezy food

LMAO.:D:thumbsu:

Then I will ring my old mate Sepp Blatter and take up that position he offered me.

I'd instigate the rebirth of Fitzroy and South, pool gate takings, and get rid of the plastic franchises from interstate that solely exist to make money and replace them with real footy clubs from their respective states.

amenbrothertestify.jpg

2ahh9bo.jpg

Remove the GC.
Remove GWS.
Bring back Fitzroy.

2011MembersLogo.jpg

[YOUTUBE]IJY30VtYsVY[/YOUTUBE]

amenbrothertestify.jpg

2ahh9bo.jpg

Remove the GC.
Remove GWS.
Bring back Fitzroy.

2011MembersLogo.jpg

[youtube]IJY30VtYsVY[/youtube]

No. We can bring them back but need GS & GWS. We own Australia!!! More teams in markets that are crying out for them. TAS, NQ, Ipswich, 2 NZ, 2 more NSW (Wollongong, Newcastle), Canberra are all craving the wonderful game. So we should give it too them.

NQ, Ipswich, 2 NZ, 2 more NSW (Wollongong, Newcastle) are all craving the wonderful game. So we should give it too them.

You mean the small handful of supporters in this region, which are most likely to be ex pat victorians. Hardly a huge demand for the game in those regions.

I like it when die hard AFL fans see 2 people out 100 in a room watching AFL and they automatically think theres a huge interest. Its so LOL.

get rid of the 50m panelty and make it 15m again because the game is to quick for it. stop the tiggy touch wood panelties for putting your hand on a player after the mark.

get rid of the 50m panelty and make it 15m again because the game is to quick for it. stop the tiggy touch wood panelties for putting your hand on a player after the mark.

I actually don't mind the rule as it is. I watch a helluva lot of old matches and it's amazing how long players could be held on for.

One of the best rule changes in recent times, tbh.

If I were AD for a day, I'd change nothing, and make no discussion and answer no questions about prospective future changes. I'd just have one day where nothing is altered, and no proposals are made for anything to be altered.

This. And spend the day at home having a bit of "quality time" with Symone.

Surely its not just me is it?

Re: What is this board about?

This board is here for you to showcase your ideas on how you think the AFL should be run.

You've got a new finals system?

You have an answer to salary cap issues?

You have invented a rule change that will stop tanking for draft picks?

We want to hear about them - post away!
I bemoan the lack of real wet weather footy these days. You know when the scoreline read 2.12 to 3.7 (don't be confused by a St Kilda v Swans match in the last 5 years).

So here's my suggestion:

Hang sprinklers from the roof of Etihad, and play in an artificially contrived downpour. And the sprinklers could be placed just over the playing surface, so we get to sit in warm dry comfort watching the players skid and trudge through mud, and belt the living suitcases out of each other. It's Moorabbin without the animal cage. Victoria Park without the smell of stale urine.

Maybe bring it in for a trial in the NAB cup. Thats where all the other whacky ideas seem to get a run.

If I were AD for a day........

I would do the football world a favour and resign, and go into excile in Lybia never to be heard of again. And take Adrian Anderson and Jeff Geishan with me........oh, and take Jeff Kennett also if you wouldnt mind.

Adios

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would get rid of the two worst players in the AFL Westhoff and Westhoff.

We don't need a comedy of errors show.

1. I would make a fair draw, everyone plays everyone twice - home and away. If its too long for the sooks tell them to suck it up. It is ridiculous that clubs get to request certain fixtures, and people have different level opponents for the year. And they are worried about betting corrupting the game?

2. I would organise a one on one meeting with David Gallop telling him I need to discuss something very important with him. Then I would punch him in the face.

Replied in bold could be arsed multi quoting.

Oh and the first thing i would do is get rid of geishen. How someone so incompetent could still have a job is an embarrassment.

Yup! I've been calling for his head for years. :thumbsu:

Then I'd resign, but not before I sack the MRP and give back $2M of my salary to clubs.

I think I'd spend al day in the gym doing a really, really hard workout. Then can can have his body back and wake up to the pain the next day.

As a homosexual, I would like a gay pride round. We have womens, Aboriginal yet nothing for the homosexuals in the community

We have one for Aboriginals, an for women for there efforts towards making the game what it is today that have mostly been ignored in the past. Not sure that the Gay community have done anything for the game? An it's not like there is a round to celebrate non homosexual relationships. Which have done alot more towards growing the game.

*I'd change the draft to based on every three years.
*Put block Gws from the draft for a couple of years cos I screwed up an gave them to much.
*Put in video ref for goals. Like tennis calls. Give each team three challenges.
*Dump sub back to 4 interchange.
*Then promise to not alter any rules for 5 years. Then look at them again after that to help grow the game. As it makes it's not helping new people to understand the rules of the game when people who have been watching it all there lives don't even know them.. eg.. the umpires who at times seem to stuggle with the traditional ones..:cool:

(Outside of Afl I'd probably empty his bank account an take it to my place. :D)

I would:
-Revamp the rules committee and stop all these unnecessary rule changes.
-Sub rule would revert to four on the interchange bench.
-More GF tickets for members of competing clubs, GF to be held away from the MCG if there is an interstate derby (e.g. Freo v Eagles, Port v Crows, Swans v GWS, Lions v GC).
-Redevelop Princes Park into a 35-40k seater and Whitten Oval into a 25k seater (with better facilities and public transport options) in order to eliminate sub 40k crowds at the MCG whilst ensuring clubs such as North and the Dogs recieve better stadium deals.
-North, Dees, and Saints would play 4 home games at Princes Park per year, with 7 for Carlton. Dogs would also play 7 a year at Whitten Oval, Tigers and Hawks would play some home games at Etihad.
-Cats would play 10 out of 11 home games at KP per year, including those against big Victorian clubs (no finals until the capacity is at least 40k though). Hawks 4 home games in Tassie would all be against interstaters.
-Reduce the amount of ridiculous concessions being provided to GWS and GC.
-Consider bringing in some sort of video system for controversial goal umpiring decisions.

Things I'd do if I were AD for a day:

-No more rule changes, 'laws of the game' committee consigned to the scrap heap.
-Renovate Princes Park so Carlton home games and lower-drawing matches could be played there again.
-Make the fixture fair.
-Prelims and Semi Finals to return to Saturday arvo.
-Make umpires wear white and goal umpires wear white coats/hats again, whether they like it or not.
-Kick to kick after the final siren on every ground after every game again (obviously except for the GF).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back