2011 Sun Tour (inc Arthurs Seat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoked that a bike race is finally using some of the best riding area in the state. Will ride down to Dromana to watch the carnage on Arthurs Seat for sure!

Cadel has been thrown a s**t load of money to race. Not sure if he will accept it or want more but the figure is reasonable. He shouldnt do it for the money IMO.

Giro di Lombardia clashes too.

I reckon he'll be looking to re-launch his book with an extra chapter at some point so would not mind the publicity.

A few teams and riders mentioned in the HUN today. Can't find online article to link.
Unclear if some riders are here with their PT teams or will saddle up for local outfits?

OPL Garmin Katusha. One other maybe Saxo?

Saturday, 15 October 2011
Stage 4 – Sorrento to Arthurs Seat - approx 132km
Start: 1:30pm, Finish: approx 4:45pm
Via: Red Hill, Dromana, Merricks, Flinders

Sunday, 16 October 2011
Stage 5 - City Circuit (Lygon Street) - approx 60km
Start: 3:15pm, Finish: approx 4:45pm

I think I might go down and park myself at Murray's lookout on Arthur's Seat on the Saturday.

I'm bound to see you there.
On another note, as a Peninsula local, the distance of 132klms from Sorrento to Arthurs Seat seems a bit too much!

Just remind me - Murray's is the one with the bloody great step in the middle, is it not?

Yep, incline kicks up a little through that corner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.heraldsuntour.com.au/fil...Course_Maps_2011/96dpi_JHST11_Stage_4_Map.jpg

96dpi_JHST11_Stage_4_Map.jpg

I rode down there, awesome atmosphere! 2 guys in mankini's , Rapha set up a corner on the steepest switch back (12%) with a DJ pumping tunes just awesome.

Steele for the win!:thumbsu:

He had to give it everything to catch Steele who went from about 400m out!

Woops wasn't steele that sprinted lol. I doubt Haas will go to Green Edge more likely a Pro-Conti team I would suggest.

Woops wasn't steele that sprinted lol. I doubt Haas will go to Green Edge more likely a Pro-Conti team I would suggest.

Gerry Ryan said at the presentation that next year they'll make a play for him but for now they have their 30 man team already.

If he keeps his form, no doubt he'll be at the edge for the start of the 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back