Big Footy vs Dockerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you can't complain about DL on DL because your comments will swiftly be deleted. Sure, I post there occasionally but its more in the nature of a joke than actual footy discussion. Thats what BF is for.

That is my point exactly. Any opinion you have that does not align with their thoughts are dismissed and your post is deleted.

I dunno. As a reader for quite some time of both sites - but too bloody lazy to sign up to anything until a very bored patch at work recently - there has been an emerging trend since the sacking of Mark Harvey. For the first time, Dockerland has been leaving up posts that are supportive of the decision. Some people over there have been pretty snippy with people who have agreed with the sacking but over here there has also been a real element of nastiness, bullying really, from some posters to people who have disagreed with the sacking. I feel like Goldilocks.

I dunno. As a reader for quite some time of both sites - but too bloody lazy to sign up to anything until a very bored patch at work recently - there has been an emerging trend since the sacking of Mark Harvey. For the first time, Dockerland has been leaving up posts that are supportive of the decision. Some people over there have been pretty snippy with people who have agreed with the sacking but over here there has also been a real element of nastiness, bullying really, from some posters to people who have disagreed with the sacking. I feel like Goldilocks.

touche

You do realise that a lot of the posts get deleted there? So if people wanted to be downright nasty they couldn't. Mind you for some reason even pleasant post get deleted if you aren't in the cliche.

On here people can say what they like, within reason. If you have an opinion state it, defend it, change it, do what you like with it, just don't take everything personally.

You do realise that a lot of the posts get deleted there? So if people wanted to be downright nasty they couldn't. Mind you for some reason even pleasant post get deleted if you aren't in the cliche.

On here people can say what they like, within reason. If you have an opinion state it, defend it, change it, do what you like with it, just don't take everything personally.

Hit the nail on the head

Deleteland... "agree with what I say or get deleted".
Then again it's his site, so can do what he pleases. i just Don't understand why the site has a board, why not just do a blog? it would avoid the all the admin/ mods time to delete those who disagree or judge if they do or don't like your posts then delete them.

Yep I've seen posts deleted before my eyes, not infrequently ones I've agreed with. And I've also posted critical comments without deletion too. I am not seeking to defend Dockerland, I have nothing invested in the site. I guess what I am saying is that there has been a lot more aggro here over the last few days and I don't know that this is any better.

BTW I'm not taking anything personally, I've had too many glasses of wine to sedate myself post the last semi-final to feel anything personal.

Yep I've seen posts deleted before my eyes, not infrequently ones I've agreed with. And I've also posted critical comments without deletion too. I am not seeking to defend Dockerland, I have nothing invested in the site. I guess what I am saying is that there has been a lot more aggro here over the last few days and I don't know that this is any better.

BTW I'm not taking anything personally, I've had too many glasses of wine to sedate myself post the last semi-final to feel anything personal.

Yes but if 'free posting' was allowed on DL it may have just as much aggro. I think it would, you only have to wander onto other clubs supporter sites to see.

Sorry, I wasn't aiming the 'taking anything personally' at you, just trying to explain myself!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only been back there once in the last couple of years and that was to post that I thought the new jumpers were quite nice looking.

Naturally my heinous post was promptly deleted.

Depressing and incestuous are perfective descriptions of that place. In general I can't imagine anyone who isn't a shallow thinker lasting long there really.

Ha ha, snap! Me too, exactly. I was going to go over and post how I thought the Lyon signing was a coup and congratulate the club but the 3 or 4 seconds of amusement it would have given me (till my post was deleted) wasn't worth it in the end.

Yes but if 'free posting' was allowed on DL it may have just as much aggro. I think it would, you only have to wander onto other clubs supporter sites to see.

Sorry, I wasn't aiming the 'taking anything personally' at you, just trying to explain myself!:thumbsu:

You make a good point about free posting and, no, I did not assume the comment was aimed at me. It's just interesting that there is a thread BF v DL with all the ad hominem rubbish floating around.

Anyway *slurp* probably had more than my 2c worth on the subject. Play on.

I disagree with the Lach sacking.

Not that it was done, but how it was done.

I made a big sign and stood outside Chief's house when I heard the news.

Must have got there too late to catch the tv crews though.

You've got be shitting me!!...you mean to tell me that Naziland is still alive and going strong???

I'm guessing Shitler is still running the show then :confused:

Dockerland is awesome. I've never seen so much negativity, bitterness and offended anywhere on the internet. It makes for much lolz. I rate that site 5 stars.
It's like a group therapy session for the non-consensually sodomized, complete with circle jerk sessions for the physical aspects of therapy. Considering that they're not real victims of such a crime, but act as the above mentioned, I find it amusing to read, for a distraction, on the odd occasion that I pay a visit.

Dockerland is awesome. I've never seen so much negativity, bitterness and offended anywhere on the internet. It makes for much lolz. I rate that site 5 stars.
It's like a group therapy session for the non-consensually sodomized, complete with circle jerk sessions for the physical aspects of therapy. Considering that they're not real victims of such a crime, but act as the above mentioned, I find it amusing to read, for a distraction, on the odd occasion that I pay a visit.

Best thing I've ever heard from a budgies mouth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back