Big Footy vs Dockerland

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no doubt that Muammar Richmond can write, he can be amusing and observant but, as someone has already pointed out here, Dockerland is a blog...try posting there and see what i mean, he is a complete control freak of Ruddian proportions. I don't go there much anymore because I have had too many posts deleted for no apparent reason. Also, the whole flat-earth vibe that the in-crowd give off is a bit annoying, way too negative.

Classic Dockerland.
Fellow Dockers fans it is time for action!!

Emails and phone calls are all well and good, but there is nothing like a good old fashion protest to get your message across...If you agree, then read on!

There is no denying that we are all disgusted with the way management has stabbed our Harves in the back. It is clear that those upstairs do not practice what they preach - there is no Pride, there is no Passion and there is definitely no LOYALTY.

We need to show the FFC that what the fans think matters, after all, WE ARE Fremantle Football Club.

We have a voice, so lets be vocal!

If you feel as passionately about this as I do, then join me in hanging up your 2011 membership - literally.

I will be heading to FFC headquarters (Parry St Fremantle) this Sunday (18 September), to hang up my 2011 membership and lanyard in protest of this outrageous action, which goes against everything this club stands for.

WHEN: 10 am onwards, Sunday 18 September
WHERE: Fremantle Oval, Parry St Fremantle
WHAT: Hang your membership on the fence (or smelly socks - thnx freo4ever) in disgust, wear purple.

Lets do it for Harves, lets do it for Freo. Who's in?

Link

Wonder how it went for him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classic Dockerland.

Link

Wonder how it went for him...

And how it transpired...

I did my own protest (even strung up a banner on the front gate and everything), but no concerted group protest transpired.

Bad weather was against us as was the short notice. I can't blame people for wanting to sleep in - can't let the Steves take that from us as well.

Nvm, there is always the AGM and any other protest events (should anyone have the motivation to organise one).

Really fans don't care. They will be over it if Freo are in the 8 or defending the move when ridiculed by Eagles fans and the like in 2012.

I could be a prick to them and let them know the benefits of the work the Freo MOB did when they successfully campaigned for member elected board members. But they support the club blindly enough to get behind Lyon and the Steves once the shock and sadness dies down next year.

There are some die hards that have been defending the decision thick and thin, as the article suggests, maybe I just take a lot of amusement out of the disgruntled ones.

So this is my first post on BF, in fact to my disgust I only found out about it a few hours ago, thanks to DL for giving it a mention.

I have been a viewer of DL for years but never bother to post much as it is obvious to anybody that has been there that if you are not in the golden circle of friends (sometimes I wonder if Shane has 5-6 different usernames) and continue to agree with everything "he" says then do not bother.

Try this; disagree with one of the regulars and watch the other 4-5 main contributors come to the rescue. They seem to be on 24-7 which is why I believe they are all actually Shane, but anyway. The negativity is overwhelming.

Having said that, a few less regulars come on occasionally and actually drop some very interesting gossip/intel and for that reason I will continue to check the site.

Looking forward to hearing a more rounded view of what Freo fans think as I have always found it strange that very few people I know on the Fremantle side agree with a lot of the scare mongering that goes on at DL.

OK! So Dockerland is getting some publicity here, what other Dockers sites have I been missing out on?

Sometimes to much isn't enough.

Welcome to the Boards of Freedom, 13then7. You'll soon realise that you can say what you like here, just don't mention how much of a spud Hinkley is, or Chris25 will hunt you down.;)

I just checked my own postings on DL and I last posted 2009/03/04. I used to be an addict, but I now use BF as my methadone.

Cheers,

I am a bit distracted by the word Cuz in your username but sure I will learn more in the coming weeks.

Regarding Hinkley, I think I might get myself in trouble then. I am sure he would benefit from a full strength team around him though.

To be fair...even on this site if you have post an opinion in direct opposition to the masses you can expect to cop it...

Just ask Chris regarding Hinkley!

You can expect to cop it maybe so, but to have it deleted immediately?? Don't think so. everyone is entitled to an opinion

To be fair...even on this site if you have post an opinion in direct opposition to the masses you can expect to cop it...

Just ask Chris regarding Hinkley!

Definitely agree with this point

Besides that, BF is the place where different views can be debated without risk of deletion of posts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back