Bulldogs in AA

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, Murph's perhaps a trifle fortunate.

But how good is it to see him in there? Gee i'm rapt. When others were having a sook or watching their bodies fall apart or watching their form drift with the team he was just about the sole source of creative play in our back half under HUGE pressure.

Great season Bulldog Bob Murphy, 200 games and an AA.

As I said a week or so back, by any objective measure he was just as good, if not better, than Davis this year.
Subjectively, well, how bloody good is he? One of the best kicks in the league, brilliant decision-maker, and awesome evasiveness; not too many players in the league who can sidestep Rioli while moving like they're taking a stroll through the park.

So very well deserved, any suggestions to the contrary will come from people more familiar with media hype than actual performance.

Congrats Bob!

Well done Murph, recognition for a great year! Great to see recognition of a bloke playing at his best in a depleted backline, this guy bleeds red,white and blue!

Murphy named in HBF.

Scotland, Deledio, Mcpharlin, Gibson should have got in over him but he has had a very good year and nice to see him rewarded.

those having a whinge can suck it :D.

I would also say Scotland deserves it, but not at the expense of Murphy... over Davis/Scarlett

Well done Bob. Thoroughly deserved. His run, creativity and delivery off half-back has been superb, but I reckon that to get AA backline spot, you also need to be able to shut down an opposition forward. And that's where Murphy is better than all the other players supposedly vying for the position, and why Murph deserved his recognition.

Off the top of my head was his game against Garlett, supposedly one of the best small forwards in the league, and he got no goals, single figure disposals from memory. I would actually rate Murph as good of a stopper as Morris, if that was what he dedicated his game to.

So good job, and good to see the selectors can look beyond the HS readers polls and not bow to the masses!

And well done Boyd! Two in a row!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great job as well Boyd, his work ethic and ability to gather possessions is amazing.

Murphy named in HBF.

Scotland, Deledio, Mcpharlin, Gibson should have got in over him but he has had a very good year and nice to see him rewarded.

those having a whinge can suck it :D.

only scotland and deledio are real hbf.

Scotland maybe should have been over him but Deledios season has been a little overated.

Haha it is rather amusing. But there's no doubt Murph had a stellar season. Probably don't watch enough footy to consider the alternatives but I think he deserves his spot :)

great year Bob, well deserved and under-rated by the rest of the comp no longer.

Boyd good effort as well inspired choice as captain

Murph has had a fantastic year. To still play a creative attacking role from defence with our weakened back line put him above the others IMO.

Thought I'd visit to see the Bulldogs' supporters perspective on Murphy's selection. Good luck to Murphy but your reasoning is exactly how many would describe Deledio's year (and most of his career in fact) so I'm not sure how that puts Murphy ahead.

This has renewed my faith in the AA selectors... It's hard to win a spot when you're playing in an ordinary team, but Murph has been our best player by a mile this year. He featured in just about every game this year with his scintillating runs from defense. He was our x-factor player that was that little bit better than everyone else on the ground. Last 2 years we've had Lake fill that role but this year Murph was it.
All that coupled with his pin point disposal made him own the halfback line and thoroughly deserve his AA position.
Good on ya Murph!

Yep bay 13 gone into meltdown Re his selection
Great to see...:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back