Ken Hinkley

The Governor

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
I just hope Ken Hinkley does not accept the Saints Job!!

The Saints made a huge mistake in sacking Malcolm Blight in 2001.

On 30 August 2003, Geelong beat the Saints at Skilled Stadium. Since that time, we won 3 flags; the Saints sacked Thomas due to a personal falling out with Rod Butters and the Saints could not win a flag with Ross Lyon's brand of footy.

Can Ken Hinkley make a concerted effort to stay around for 12 more months?

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I just hope Ken Hinkley does not accept the Saints Job!!

The Saints made a huge mistake in sacking Malcolm Blight in 2001.

On 30 August 2003, Geelong beat the Saints at Skilled Stadium. Since that time, we won 3 flags; the Saints sacked Thomas due to a personal falling out with Rod Butters and the Saints could not win a flag with Ross Lyon's brand of footy.

Can Ken Hinkley make a concerted effort to stay around for 12 more months?

Hinkley will be a very good coach, no doubt about it. As for Butters (spelling) I was unlucky enough to be representing our business in the St Kilda sponsors dinner / game 10 years ago when this peanut was the St Kilda president. I regretably was seated next to this loud mouthed tool and I don't think I have ever met a more arrogant bully of a man in my life.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Judging from the Port BF board it seems they would be open to letting him come to us if Dew doesn't work out.
I remember there was strong talk of him coming to us after Rocket got sacked and Dew actually stepped away from the process until the 'circus as some would call it' was resolved..

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I remember there was strong talk of him coming to us after Rocket got sacked and Dew actually stepped away from the process until the 'circus as some would call it' was resolved..

His wife was furious he didn’t get the job
She had the kids and the bags packed
(So I’m told)
Footy’s a harsh mistress
2Prelims constitutes a failure?
I’d take them at the Suns

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
(So I’m told)
Footy’s a harsh mistress

Correct

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
(So I’m told)
Footy’s a harsh mistress

More like didn't take the job. If memory serves he was being discussed as a possible coach and then came out and signed a 3 or 4 year extension with port.

Signed the deal on the 17th of September

Dew confirmed on the 5th of October.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
More like didn't take the job. If memory serves he was being discussed as a possible coach and then came out and signed a 3 or 4 year extension with port.

I think it was just leverage to get the extension as Port where happy to let him play out the year on his contract and see how it went.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Kock told him he was going to go real hard ball on him if he attempted to leave under contract which his wife was desperately trying to get him to do.
He then got offered a big extension = Security.

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns

yep... i think the suns wanted him but he ended up staying put.

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
All the things about KH that our club loved about him when we had him... players really loving him etc... are all the reason why he is respected at port. its a shame he could have possibly done big things here.

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
The port board are really savage on him tho... they're reporting he also got into a fight on saturday night?

Back