NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

didnt realise you were a southport supporter Dr. i thought you might have followed the hornets.

Sure am a sharks man... Like to follow the hornets a bit, ex victorian and know a couple of the guys there. Have improved alot over the past two years, will be interesting to see what they do recruiting wise this year? only need one or two and i think you have a top three side as long as you can keep the cattle on the park. You have built a core which is good.. May need a few older blokes as you are a very young side.

Ives and wagner very very impressive!! Not to mention young Hughes!

Will anybody get picked up this year? Sexton already gone.

IMO GWS should look at C Illett. Strong body and would give then a bit of value. Zorko likely to go somewhere. Proud/Grose a 2nd chance?

Are there 1 or 2 other young NT boys a chance?

What about young fellas?

Allen? Ives? Yagmoor? Starcevich?

Wrigley or Jones from Lab?

Anyone else a chance?

IMO GWS should look at C Illett. Strong body and would give then a bit of value. Zorko likely to go somewhere. Proud/Grose a 2nd chance?

What about young fellas?

Anyone else a chance?

2010 Premier,
very hard to say who may be drafted. It all depends on what type of players are required by each club and the fall of the draft order picks.The draft list for this year is as usual dominated by vic/wa/sa youth. i would not be surprised to see no queenslanders being drafted.if it is to be, maybe the Suns and Lions will pick up a couple.

he is a goldcoast kid played a year or 2 at uni before going to the vultures

Remember him at Uni - played against him. During a game one day I turned to my opponent and said "where the fk did you get this guy from, he's a gun"? and he just told me that he walked in off the street. Had never played from all reports until he went to Uni - was a basketballer. Kicked the ball like a mule!

What about young fellas?

Anyone else a chance?
Ives not eligible this year, only 17. Maybe next year.

Sexton already taken as zone selection by suns.

10 Qld boys going to screening so a couple might be a chance, although ?only yagmoor going to combine, rest to state screening.

In addition to those you mention Bell and Fields going to screening.

Probably won't be many, but good for Qld footy if a couple do get drafted.

10 Qld boys going to screening so a couple might be a chance, although ?only yagmoor going to combine, rest to state screening.

allen is going to combine just hasnt been released yet.

Will Fields be a father / son??

True.Will he play tac cup for Geelong next yr then?
Interesting question. I guess if Geelong already showing definite interest could be encouraged to do so. But if he has work / education commitments in Brisbane or just prefers to stay locally with family / friends, I'm sure given his performance as overage player in state 16's this year, next year being in AIS, playing state 18's and then seniors at morningside later in year will probably be enough to get him noticed if he plays well enough.

Fields was being mentioned as potential father son earlier in year, but not heard much lately. I think clubs have to name father sons by end of next week so we will know soon enough.

Ideally what we next year need to push the case for the local boys in the mix is a competitive Qld state 18's team - not going to beat the div 1 states but if can have a team who can at least compete and then go well against the div 2 teams helps the cause for those in the mix for drafting - eg Bourke, Cameron, and Ives already mentioned, but a few other might be in the mix as well if they and the team performed well next year (although if draft next year is as strong as being discussed might be hard for Qld boys to get noticed)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about young fellas?

Anyone else a chance?

5 NT kids including Leaping Farrer off to draft camp.Few retirees up the top end.Roberts and Iggy 2 of them.More to come,J Illett may be one of them.Austin Wonamary new recruit ThunderDoc?

i see on the website Blair has stood down what a legend of qld footy, i reckon he should be the new senior state coach? any tips on his replacement?

i see on the website Blair has stood down what a legend of qld footy, i reckon he should be the new senior state coach? any tips on his replacement?
Steve Russ any chance (if he actually wants the position?) given his role this year?

legend of the game. tip for the coach

brad edwards or mick gibson. those 2 have been touted before and i wouldn't be surprised if either of those 2 were picked

Do you think that being the State 18's coach has more influence on eventual outcomes for potential AFL players than the senior coach? If so should a guy like Blair be thought of as the 18's coach?

didnt realise you were a southport supporter Dr. i thought you might have followed the hornets.

BIG E, can you confirm this since you are a aspley man.
Sheehan gone back to Vic?
Roy gone back to Vic?
Brain up to NT for summer then back to Noosa?
Shir finished up?
Page gone back to WA?

BIG E, can you confirm this since you are a aspley man.
Sheehan gone back to Vic?
Roy gone back to Vic?
Brain up to NT for summer then back to Noosa?
Shir finished up?
Page gone back to WA?

sheehan is back in vic, playing cricket he did that last year too.
not sure about roysy, maybe in love
brain playing in darwin summer comp
shir is not finished ;)
yes page has moved back to WA.

sheehan is back in vic, playing cricket he did that last year too.
not sure about roysy, maybe in love
brain playing in darwin summer comp
shir is not finished ;)
yes page has moved back to WA.

i wouldnt think that is such a bad thing if all those blokes move on as they have served their purpose of being around to bring the young blokes through, if i was Aspley i would recruit 3 absoulute guns WAFL,SANFL etc and utilise the great local youth they have in there area now (not just aspley kids but all that northern region). they have a good coach good $$$ so now is the time to develop a strong culture and not recruit vic country blokes for the sake of it....

i wouldnt think that is such a bad thing if all those blokes move on as they have served their purpose of being around to bring the young blokes through, if i was Aspley i would recruit 3 absoulute guns WAFL,SANFL etc and utilise the great local youth they have in there area now (not just aspley kids but all that northern region). they have a good coach good $$$ so now is the time to develop a strong culture and not recruit vic country blokes for the sake of it....

Speedy i agree with you a little. I think they need to keep as much as there list together as possible. If not u you will be back to the drawing board. Of the blokes that came 2 - 3 years ago how many afre left?? If you look at the better sides over the past years alot of them have experieced players (morningside, Southport and the vultures) all of which have had a solid group of players who have played together... this is where the culture point comes in. if you keep turning players over every 2 or 3years nothing will be created. All u will acheive is a backpackers residence!

Big E I forgot to mention the boys that came up this year? are they hanging around? Buchanans will they go if there older sibling goes back south?

I think we down here on the coast are about to have a unbeaten season in 2012!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back