Discussion IP Australia thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Been playing on the IP Australia site and came across some logos made in 1994 for the proposed Fremantle team.
FreoCourage.jpg
FreoDolphins.jpg
FreoHammer.jpg

Come on the Hammers...??

EDIT: This thread could be used as a good resource for anything you find on the IP Australia site. If you find anything that you find interesting, post it here!

Re: What Freo were not called

LOL at the hammers. Thanks for sharing as always mero :D:thumbsu:

Been playing on the IP Australia site and came across some logos made in 1994 for the proposed Fremantle team.
FreoCourage.jpg
FreoDolphins.jpg
FreoHammer.jpg

Come on the Hammers...??

Hammers clapx3.

Mero, you bloody genius.

Just a request please, link me to other clubs' possibilities.

Courage, Dolphins and Hammer?

Never thought i'd say this but I guess Dockers was a good choice...

courage sounds like a name of a beer
dolphins sounds like a wimpy girls team name
hammer sounds like a new hardware franchise opening up

the dockers is just a sh*t but is better than those 3 why not somthing like phranas or dingo's

What would be good to see is some of the jumper designs there were for Fremantle back in 1994. I remember looking on the back page of the Herald Sun and looking at these white green and black jumpers with weird designs.

Came across these a few times myself too. We should have a competition on designing guernseys for them I reckon. Dolphins would be alright but what the hell were they thinking with 'hammers' and 'courage' :confused:

Port had names registered, but never went to the trouble of making a logo until after they had settled on Power.
Pirates, Mariners, Sharks, Power were the 4 options

Port Adelaide Pirates has a good ring to it.

Came across these a few times myself too. We should have a competition on designing guernseys for them I reckon. Dolphins would be alright but what the hell were they thinking with 'hammers' and 'courage' :confused:

Must have been a West Ham fan behind that idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The marketing and merchandising possibilities with Port Adelaide Pirates would have been insane.

Jolly Rogers, a crowd full of people wearing eye patches and hooks for hands, Singing sea shanties in the crowd after a goal.

I love our guernseys but Power is such a bland and generic name. Pirates would have been excellent.

Very interesting. There's definitely a lack of information in regard to the branding decisions for Fremantle. There's almost no information. Which is strange.

Also, how do you use IP Australia? I can never find anything interesting.

The marketing and merchandising possibilities with Port Adelaide Pirates would have been insane.

Jolly Rogers, a crowd full of people wearing eye patches and hooks for hands, Singing sea shanties in the crowd after a goal.

I love our guernseys but Power is such a bland and generic name. Pirates would have been excellent.

Could have had Captain Pugwatch for their main mascot, along with Roger the Cabin Boy...:)

Great find Mero. Very few people would've come across those logos. Courage and Hammers are shockers.

Cobras would've been cool!

I've found those plenty of times before and not bothered to post it before. Surprised no-one else has found it tbh. I find them every time I use the IP Australia website. I just put in the code for the AFL into the advanced search and there are heaps of good resources :)

Aren't there enough Australian snakes like the Copperhead (OK, they might not be deadly) that would have been better.

Union? WTF!?!
Don't even know what a stoker is either :eek:

Freo's brand really was a failure for the first 10+ years! Good to finally see it start to take some nice shape :)

Okay... what is the AFL code for IP Australia? Help, please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back